THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
The Omnipotence
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Omnipotence
Slave

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) Empty
PostSubject: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 06:30

Hey folks, this is my first topic posted here, and I have to say you guys really have some nice Dark Eldar. I just recently finished my 2000 point force and decided to share my army with you.

This is my take on the Bleaksoul Brethren, I've changed their symbol, and added a black pattern around the edges of the vehicles and warriors helms. The colors used were: Dark Flesh (armor) Snakebite leather (highlight #1) and Bubonic Bround (final highlight)

[img]My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) Dsc_7313My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) Dsc_7410
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 07:52

They're a tad small, can you re-post with bigger pics?
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 17:01

I'll get some more larger pics and post them later today when I get back from work.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 07:26

Hello fellow Archons. I wanted to share some pics of my Bleaksoul Brethren. These are my tabletop models and I play with them multiple times a week, Please let me know what you think.

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_223754

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_223412

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_223023

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_222721

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_222450

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_221848

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111213_222222
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 07:27

LOL! Wow it worked!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 07:57

Wie, they Look really great! I love the black and brown combination, especially that they so not mix. Well done
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 08:02

THAT is a great colour scheme on both your vehicles and your figures, which you have done masterfully! These are fantastic, very proppa.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 09:01

I actually wanted to make something like Your paintjob (btw it's masking with salt?) except in my case it would represent actual Nightshields.

Super cool effect. Reminds me Bad Moonz flames

I also like contrast between "hot" Warriors and "cold" Wyches, while still maintaining general paint scheme. Not sure if that was intentional, but if it is then it's really well thought effect.

[Moved to Project Logs]
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 14:53

Thank you very much. The black effect was done using a standard sponge (the one you do your dishes with) over Dark Flesh. The contrasting color (hot and cold) is actually spread through the whole army just to break up all the dark colors. That's also why I decided to do the bases so light, which helps make the models stand out on the table. I'll add some more pics today of my Chronos and my Court of the Archon and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 15:10

Nice, nice, nice stuff! Love the warriors. Can't wait for the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 20:11

Here are some other parts of the army

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111214_115633

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111214_115856

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) IMG_20111214_120233
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 20:18

I really like your Court of the Archon and the whole paint scheme in general. Your Archon with the skull flail is pretty sweet as well. Good job man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)   My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bleaksoul Brethren (with some minor changes)
Page 1 of 1