THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?   Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2019, 22:48

I see a lot of discussion from Harlequins players that Voidweavers are by far the worst unit in their Codex, but on paper I'm not sure I see what makes them so terrible. They're basically improved Venoms that lack transport capabilities, which doesn't seem so bad!

However, I've not picked any up yet so I might be missing whatever it is that makes them weak in practice. Is it just that they favour a playstyle which the rest of the Harlequins Codex doesn't really support?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?   Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2019, 15:27

I think it's less that they are bad units by themselves and more that they suck compared to Skyweavers. I haven't run any numbers, but at a glace they definitely have more heavy firepower for their cost, and probably have durability in the same range point for point.

A big difference is that Skyweavers can benefit from Strength From Death as well, which really sets them apart

Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?   Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2019, 17:43

It's mostly like BaconPope says, for the same number of points as you'd pay for a haywire & 2 shuriken cannon voidweaver you'd get 2 zephyrglaive & haywire Skyweavers.
The Skyweavers are buffable and have stratagems to boost them up and can advance and charge (meaningfully) to keep themselves safe whereas the voidwraver can move around but won't really be doing much more than shooting.
In an Elite army like harlequins you want as much versatility and efficiency as possible.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?   Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 23:24

The problem is, 3 Bikes with 2 shuriken and 1 HWV is only a few points more for 3 more wounds and able to melee.

I love Voidweavers, but they are not worth the points, they need to be 10pts cheaper (and Starweavers too), 93pts and 89pts is right for them, at that point they are equal points in wounds to Skyweavers but has 1 more gun, thats a good trade off for a shoot only vs a melee + shoot unit.

Really look at Troupes too, Wyches are more wounds and more damage for same points
Shadowseer are more than Farseers
Troupe Masters are more than Succubus (basically same profiles)

The harlequin book only has 3 viable units, Solitaire, Deathjester, Skyweavers.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?   Are Voidweavers Really So Bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Voidweavers Really So Bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: