THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament Empty
PostSubject: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 11:58

Dear Archons,

I'm participating in a 2vs2 tournament with some weird rules regarding list building. It's 840 points per player if the team is premade. My partner plays tyranids, which is the reason I decided to play more ranged weapons instead of CC. Additional rules are:
- No units with more than 200 points
- Only 1 unit per datasheet and 3 for troops

At first I wanted to go for a kabal battalion until I realised that I need 2 Archons for that, and I'm not willing to pay 120 points for Drazhar. Now I'm having problems to decide between the two viable options I can think of, which are roughly:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliance of Agony = 7 CP

Archon, Succubus, Haemi + 5 Wyches/Wracks + 1 Raider = Close Combat Squad
5 Blaster Warriors + Venom
Voidraven
1 Talos with Haywire
5 Wrack/Wyches on foot
5 Mandrakes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrol = 3 CP

Archon
5 Blaster Warriors + Venome
2 x 5 Blaster Warriors + Raider
Ravager with Dissies
Razorwing Jetfighter with Dissies
Voidraven
Razorwing Flocks
Sslyth

What do you think about this? Do you have any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 14:10

That is an interesting set of restrictions. I personally prefer list 2. But I would change a couple of things. Unless your TO is fine with ignoring the beast rules, you can't have the razorwing flocks without a beastmaster so they would have to go. And whilst I really like sslyth I don't think they are your best option in such a small point list. With your spare points you could squeeze in some plain Scourge. I agree about Drazar, he is so expensive, but if you can make the battalion the CP it unlocks is huge. I tried to fit him in the list at the points but you would have to drop either a flyer or the ravager, and whilst CP are good i don't know if it's worth dropping such a large part of your fire base.

As to the synergy with tyranids i think this list will do well. I have run similar lists allied to Genestealer cults. Our range firepower really helps them.

Edit: spelling
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 14:22

Thanks, I'm not sure what exactly I want to do with the last few points I used on the Sslyth. Sadly I don't have Models for Scourges and a Sslyth was the only Court Unit that would at least somehow fit into the list. But that's some fine tuning once I decided what to do.

What exactly is the beast rule?

EDIT: I could make 2x5 Warriors and a 1x10 Warriors squad with the points and have 5 warriors on foot.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 15:50

I don't have the rulebook to hand to see what the exact wording is but basically as part of the matched play rules you must have 1 beastmaster in a detachment that contains beast units. (And also can't take beatmasters on their own).

If you don't have the models then fair enough. I would have said mandrakes as you had them in your other list, but you'd have to drop something else, maybe a blaster. I'd go with your original choice of sslyth over 5 warriors on foot.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2019, 17:07

I just checked, it's page 114 for the Drukhari Beast rule.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2019, 06:16

Serpent Fly wrote:
I just checked, it's page 114 for the Drukhari Beast rule.

Thanks, never looked at the box before. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2019, 06:55

That's what we came up with till now. Replaced the Sslyth as my Archon will probably only sit back to hold some objective or generate CPs. With the extra points from Sslyth and razorwing flocks I added 5 warriors and some heavy weapons.

My friend decided to use a Trygon to deep strike 20 devourer gants, because in 2 of 3 missions deep striking in the first round and outside the own deployment zone is allowed. Furthermore, there is a good portion of Tau players which makes it difficult to build a CC army with these restrictions.

Overall battle plan: Gants kill the small critter, dark light weapons blow up tanks, the rest cleans up the remainings.

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [45 PL, 3CP, 838pts] ++
Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Venom Blade, Warlord (Archon), Writ of the Living Muse

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 30pts] (on foot)
. 4x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts] (Venom)
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 104pts] (Raider)
. 6x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 130pts]: Dark Lance, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 135pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2x Disintegrator cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two void lances, Voidraven Missiles

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: 2 x Splinter Cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Tyranids) [43 PL, 837pts] ++

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, 166pts]: Adrenal Glands, Chameleonic Mutation, Heavy Venom Cannon, Monstrous Rending Claws, Power: Catalyst, Power: Onslaught, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Adaptive Biology

Neurothrope [4 PL, 90pts]: Power: Psychic Scream

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 33pts]: 3x Ripper Swarm

Termagants [6 PL, 160pts] (Deepstrike with Trygon)
. 20x Termagant (Devourer): 20x Devourer

Termagants [3 PL, 40pts]: 10x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Zoanthropes [10 PL, 200pts]: 5x Zoanthrope

Trygon [9 PL, 148pts]: 3x Massive Scything Talons, Biostatic Rattle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament   840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

840 points with weird rules for 2vs2 tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: