THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread

Go down 
+24
DevilDoll
Da-Rock
GreyArea
RedRegicide
Gelmir
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Artur_claro
Serpent Fly
Ragnos
Lord Asvaldir
TheBaconPope
Rodi Sikni
Skulnbonz
Void Prince
Squidmaster
TeenageAngst
yellabelly
Archon_91
krayd
Sarcron
Count Adhemar
dumpeal
Burnage
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 14:09

So there's another GW Big Survey coming up soon, and I'm just wondering what some of our collective suggestions for new toys to play with might be. Currently on my wishlist are:

• Better HQs - either more of them, like Dracons and Haemonculi Apprentices, or more options for the ones that we do have (jetbike Succubi please). If nothing else it's bonkers that we struggle to run multiple detachments in mono-faction lists because our HQ choices are so low, and good luck if you ever want to try a Highlander event.
  • No more finecast. Grotesques, Incubi and Mandrakes are probably at the top of that list, but I'd ideally like to see everything move to plastic.
  • Give us a Lord of War. I'd love to see a return of the Dais of Destruction, but some kind of huge Covens nightmare would be great. A tamed Cult monster would also be pretty cool - you could probably just import the Kharibdyss from Fantasy and it would fit right in.
  • Eldar Corsairs and/or Exodites, just because.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 14:24

phrase the first point as: "Having at least 2 HQ choices per drukhari subfaction, to allow several battalions."
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 14:41

dumpeal wrote:
phrase the first point as: "Having at least 2 HQ choices per drukhari subfaction, to allow several battalions."

Technically there are, as long as you use one of the special characters, which of course ties you down to that characters specific cult/coven.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 15:19

I'm relatively fine with Urien and Lelith. But having to take Drazhar to have 2 Kabals is an aberation.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 15:26

dumpeal wrote:
I'm relatively fine with Urien and Lelith. But having to take Drazhar to have 2 Kabals is an aberation.

Non-special neutral HQs could be a good solution, though. I wouldn't at all mind an Archon teaming up with a big boss Mandrake or Scourge.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 16:14

Burnage wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

Non-special neutral HQs could be a good solution, though. I wouldn't at all mind an Archon teaming up with a big boss Mandrake or Scourge.

Archon
Dracon - Can only take Dracon is there is at least 1 Archon in your detachment

Succubus
Syren -Can only take a Syren if there is at least 1 Succubus in your detachment

Haemonculus Ancient (this one is an upgraded version of the normal haemonculus. No restriction on him)
Haemonculus
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 17:24

I certainly agree with all three requests, HQ's, plastic, and a LoW would be interesting.

Also, I would really like to actually have the options for kits actually in there! From what I've seen personally and asked around for, at least the wyches box, kaballites box, archon, and succubus don't have all the options you're capable of giving them, yes, you can take stuff from other kits, but that then limits those kits.

Additionally, my problem with a haemonculus ancient, is that Urien currently has rules. And all he is is a haem with a special weapon, a better base invul, and a +1 S aura. What would the haemonculus ancient do that doesn't outshine Urien, the named character? Especially when Urien himself is supposed to be one of the most skilled haemonculus of all.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 19:02

We really just need weaker versions of current HQs. Syren, Dracon, Lesser Haemonculus, et al.

We could use some rules tweaks for existing units, such as:
1) incubi need a rules rewrite. Drazhar should have all of the abilities that a Klavex has, plus his own.
2) something to make Hellions and Reavers a little more usable
3) either remove the unwieldy rule from the archite glaive, or up the damage to 2. It doesn't make sense for succubi to be using an unwieldy weapon anyway.
4) liquifier guns need either a buff or a big price cut.
5) the hex rifle needs to be worth taking, according to fluff, they should be a *lot* deadlier than they are.
6) crucible of malediction needs to be buffed. Considering how powerful psykers are, I don't see how removing the once per battle restriction AND having it go off on a 3+ instead of a 4+ would be at all unbalancing.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 19:34

I agree with all points, a second generic HQ per sub faction, update all finecast to plastic kits, an LoW would be awesome but it's not really clear as to what it could be outside of a bigger transport otherwise we'll be getting 3 sub LoW that compare in strength to others only when 2 of them are on the field.
And just to add a couple of fun little things, two smaller box sets "Beasts of the arena" and "Archons Vanguard" where beasts contains a couple razorwing flocks, a clawed fiend and a couple pairs of khymerae. And Vanguard has a Sslyth, Lhamean, ur-ghul, and a Medusae, all plastic of course.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 19:45

I'd be fully behind all 3 of the main suggestions. If they acted on even one of them I'd be ecstatic! But you don't get if you don't ask, so I'll be pushing for it when I fill the questionnaire in.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2019, 21:02

- Ease the restriction of running all 3 subfactions in 1 detachment. We have non-denominational warlord traits, just give us a few damn non-denominational obsessions so our mercenaries can benefit from them and so we have an actual reason to run the army as, you know, an army.

- Make the slotless units optionally slotless. Court units and beasts are mostly unplayable trash anyway, they could at least serve a role as cheap detachment fillers.

- Give us a reason to not bring Craftworld. Doom and Spears are OP as hell, in a competitive maxi-min build there is no reason not to bring them. Either give us something similar (and Harlequins too) or nerf the ever loving hell out of them so we can see some actual diversity in the meta.

- Give Splinter Cannons -1AP and/or +1 to wound, or else cut their points drastically.

- Make Reavers/Hellions useful somehow. Give them a special rule or cut their costs, idk.

- Completely rework Drazhar and Incubi.

- Make the Eldar webway portal thing better.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2019, 11:48

My best world scenario, if my personal wishes could come true, would be Mini-Codex: Aeldari Champions. Or some better name.
New plastic Phoenix Lords, along with Drukhari Special Characters and mini-characters (Dracons, Trueborn, etc), and maybe a few Harlequin options too. Use it as an opportunity to rerelease the Triumvirate of Ynnari too, with decent sensible rules.
Thats all I want.
I'm happy with the rest of the Codex staying as it is.

Also, on a more general basis, models that are as tall as or bigger than elevated terrain pieces should be able to charge things at that height. A Wraithknight for example should be able to charge someone in a terrain piece which only puts them at the Wraithknight's waist height.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2019, 16:58

Just to add my own support to those above in terms of the general wishlist for HQ's and other unit upgrades etc.

My own thoughts would be;
1. Bring back the Dais but as a "super" troop carrier i.e. extra wounds, weapons, increased toughness and troop capacity (e.g. 12)
2. Give the Archon, or indeed other HQ's a dedicated Hoverboard that gives them say +1 toughness, strengh and wounds. Each type of board could be individual to the type of HQ i.e Kabel/Coven with different weaponry. A Haemonculus on a board with twin heavy liquifiers would be fun.
3. I appreciate they are Forgeworld but PLEASE give Corsairs some love.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2019, 18:32

Since we are all dreaming:

hellions. Give them a 4++ jink save from shooting (including overwatch)
Reavers. Same as hellions
Mandrakes- Increase the mortal wound trigger to a 5+
Incubi- Increase to 2 damage and lower cost, or cause a mortal wound on a 5+ to wound and lower cost.
Wyches- have their 4++ count in the opponents shooting phase as long as they are within 1" of an enemy model. (I/E pistols in combat)
Arcons- Have their auras work if they are the only model in a Venom. (court of the arcon are allowed too but no other models)

Cronos- Lower cost and add 1-2 attacks.

Scourges- switch them to Kabal.

coven of 12- increase attacks to -2 armor save.
Dark Creed- Keep the -1 LD but also allow any model within 12" of an enemy psycher to deny that psychers power on a 5+.

Red Grief- Change reroll charges to "You may reroll one or all dice used to make a charge"

Obsidian Rose- Add Any model on foot that moves with a heavy weapon may shoot as normal
Poison Tongue- Change to say "reroll any 1's to hit or wound with poison or melee weapons"

That should about do it.

Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 09:58

if we are speaking about new minis, i want a new unit of legitim with access to void lances, dissis and the missiles of our flyers.

I want a drukhari "lieutenant" with rerolls of 1 to wound, at least with kabals and cults.

i want snipers or/and assassin equivalent. release a miniature of kheradruakh and plastic mandrakes, the first one with rules of CC assassin and the second ones with a new sniper rule.

And of course, i want Asdrubal and i want it competing in the same league with guilliman, abbadon, magnus and mortarion. Not with the same weapons and tools of course, but he need the same treatment.

Now without dreaming, about changes on our rules, there is two things that need to be done:
- change the CP of raiding party from 4 to 7. It is an insult that the IK detachment gave them 6 cp and the posibility to have 2 more detachemts and we need expends 3 detachemts to 4 CP. i want play 1 unit of witches without pay the tax of 2 untis of witches and 1 sucubos.

A new "splinter weapon beta rule" like the mew rule of the bolter.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 17:13

Rodi Sikni wrote:

- change  the CP of raiding party from 4 to 7. It is an insult that the IK detachment gave them 6 cp and the posibility to have 2 more detachemts and we need expends 3 detachemts to 4 CP. i want play 1 unit of witches without pay the tax of  2 untis of witches and 1 sucubos.

This is something I think is realistic. Back when Battalions were only 3CP the Raiding Party was an interesting choice for casual games, but it's been left in the dust. I don't think I've ever even thought about using the rule, much less seen it in a game.

Also, either buff the Archite Glaive to the level of a powerfist or get rid of its hit penalty. It's asinine that a S5 power sword has a debuff at all.

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 19:32

Raiding party doesn't just suffer from the changes to CP, but also the hard cap on 3 detachments which has all but become law in matched play/tournaments has made it near useless. It's pretty rough to be restricted to just 3 patrol detachments, when say a battalion, an outrider and a spearhead not only gives you way more CP, but also more good slots to choose from. I'd boost raiding party to 6CP, maybe 10 for the 6 patrols, and raise the cap on detachments from 3 to 6, at the cost of being forced to only take patrol detachments. Seems like a least a somewhat reasonable tradeoff to me.

On the whole though, I have to admit I think Dark Eldar are in such a good place these days they don't need big changes. Yeah, better incubi, beast and court rules would be nice, but when you take the army as a whole into consideration we're in a pretty solid spot. If I could just pick one thing, by far more choice would be more character options. Nearly every army has the options to give their characters something like jump packs, bikes, heavier armor/battlesuits, even tanks for some armies, and all we have is characters going to battle on foot. Ideally, I'd love to see a option for a character on a jetbike, a skyboard and with scourge wings, but I think the more realistic option would be just one new character, either a mercenary scourge or mandrake leader that buffs its respective units and gets to carry some cool gear, plus being a merc character can be taken in any detachment and not mess with obsessions.

Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 19:46

The easiest fix to make raiding party work would be to simply make it into a "counts as" battalion. Then it grants 5 CPs and only uses up a single detachment for organised play limits. I'd use it to make the most of Alliance of Agony and gain easy access to all 3 subfactions.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 23:16

yellabelly wrote:
The easiest fix to make raiding party work would be to simply make it into a "counts as" battalion. Then it grants 5 CPs and only uses up a single detachment for organised play limits. I'd use it to make the most of Alliance of Agony and gain easy access to all 3 subfactions.

This ^^

Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 08:18

1.) I agree that we need some HQ that allows playing two Kabal battalions other than Drazhar. The Idea of a Mandrake HQ sounds great as those can be used for any sub-faction.
2.) Cronos needs some changes. Either lower cost or some buff to make it worth taking it instead of just picking more Talos.
3.) The -1AP for Splinter Cannons mentioned above sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 12:40

I agree that more cheap HQs are needed, a Drukhari lieutenant for each sub faction. Also a skyboard/jetbike cult HQ would be amazing.

If I'm purely wishlisting then if our auras could work from our open topped transports that would be great. It would be more thematic if my Archon could shout at his troops/ravagers from the deck of his venom rather than having to run behind on foot. But changing the game mechanics just for our faction seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Artur_claro
Slave
Artur_claro

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 22:54

IMO, we are a solid army. I dont think Reavers need love, Hellions do. I use RedGrief reavers a lot, it's the alphastrike of the moment!
It's an insult that a mobile army such as ours only has fottslogging HQ. Not even a skyboard? Jetbike? Come on, even the imperial guard has faster characters (Tank commanders).
And the Alliance of Agony issue as mentioned.
And Vect!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 03:28

It continues to surprise me we didn't get some sort of wings relic like the Craftworlds did. It seemed like an obvious choice to at least make one of our expensive beatsticks worth their price, and avoids the whole "no model no rules" policy of GW.

I think it's also key to keep in mind that model design is a slow process. If any of our pleas for models do get accepted, it'll be years down the line until the model actually releases

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 23:29

I think about 90% of my issues revolve around our abysmal HQ section.

What I'd like to see, in no particular order:
- Wings option for Archon, Jetbike/Skyboard option for Succubus.
- Archon's Shadowfield changed to '4++ and enemies have -1 to hit', or something along those lines.
- Archon's aura modified or changed so that it can work from inside transports, and so that it at least buffs Mercenary units, if not every Drukhari unit.
- Succubus' Glaive gets Power Fist stats.
- Maybe let our other melee weapons actually be worth a damn? A 4+ Poison melee weapon on an HQ was awful in the last 2 editions and 8th has not changed that. And it's telling how terrible the Huskblade was in 7th that a S4 AP-2 d3 damage melee weapon on a glass cannon character would be considered an improvement.
- Blast Pistols go down to 5-6pts (so that they're not more expensive than Inferno Pistols, in addition to being outright worse)
- Hexrifle goes back to being an Assault weapon. And, if it isn't too much trouble, is actually made worthwhile.
- HQs for the Mercenary factions (especially Mandrakes and Scourges, since Incubi already have Drazhar).
- Drazhar, for once in his life, to actually be remotely worth his cost.

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2019, 13:44

yellabelly wrote:

Now that is a solid idea, nice unique way to make it much easier for us to field all three of our subfactions.

@Souless Samurai, I don't think our characters are completely abysmal. With relics and warlord traits you can make some pretty solid beatstick or utility characters, the problem is once you use up your relic/trait options, the base characters are pretty lackluster. A slight buff on all our weapons would really do the trick, perhaps 2 damage and +3 strength on glaives, give the venom blade mortal wounds on 6s, maybe make the agonizer 2 damage or +3 to wound, and the huskblade just +2 strength.

PostSubject: Re: The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread   The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Community Survey 2019 Wishlisting Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next