THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What do you feel is most important in a list build?

Go down 
+5
Burnage
Archon_91
TeenageAngst
dumpeal
Da-Rock
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

What do you feel is most important in a list build? Empty
PostSubject: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 19:14

I am rounding out my Drukhari purchases and I am about to purchase some more, but wondered what most others thought about what is important in their lists.

What do feel is an important addition to a Drukhari army?

Flyers
More TRoops
More Transports: Raiders or Venoms
More Elites and which ones?
Heavies
Allies
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 19:30

There are some key units that you can't regret, and other that are good, but depend on your playstyle.

God tier:
-Ravagers

Over average:
-Talos
-Grots
-Flyers
-raiders/venoms (I prefer raider, but venom is just as good)

good choices, but depend on your playstyle:
-3X 5 kabalites with 1 blaster
-3 jetbikes
-10 wracks with ossefactors
-5 haywire scourge

Tricky to play. Good, but situational:
-10 wyches, shardnet
-mandrakes

Can works, but gives you headaches (should consider taking something else, but can pass for a flavoured army)
-Hellions
-cronos
-Beasts/beastmaster

God, why? :
-Incubi
-Courts

I need it to fill 2 batallions:
-Drazhar
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 19:35

So far in my play I have had success with:

Raiders filled with Kabalite Warriors
Wyches in a Raider and on Foot
Melee Archons
Scourge Shredder drops against Orks

My Hellions did ok the only time I played them, but I understand the issue they have, (several other things do what they do for less and last longer, but they are average to solid).

I find myself loving Raider Rush like in the days I played Imperial Guard Parking lot lists.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 19:37

To narrow this down let start with one section at a time:

How do you all feel about Flyers in a 1500 to 2000 list? (which Flyers and how many max)
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 20:05

You can get 1-2 flyer at 1500-2000 pts. Personally, I don't use them, but it's more a matter of taste than usefulness.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 20:12

Objectively, allies.

To taste, flyers and Talos.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 20:30

So flyers are a nice addition to play and looks, but not considered a key.

I love the looks of both the Bomber and the Fighter, but it always seems that a 10 man Warrior squad in a Raider does more than either flyer.

Does one stand out more than the other or does it really come down to a comparison of the bomb vs the multiple shots of the fighter?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 20:36

Starting at 1500 I would say that maybe 1 Razorwing jetfighter is sufficient cause they are a little bit pricey and all my experiences with flyers (at least in my area) are they are the first things to be shot down, I usually don't use them for that reason but I find at 2000 my favorite way to run fliers is and airwing detachment of 2 Razorwing and 1 Voidraven give the Voidraven dark scythes and the the Razorwings dissintegrator cannons at the very least, but if you have the points give the Voidraven it's missile pod and the Razorwings their splinter cannons for that little but of extra fire power ...
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 21:12

The key, playing dark eldar is the target saturation. You should never have anything that is much more pricey than the rest, or stand out more than the rest. The ennemy will kill you units. But none really matter more than another one. That will give your ennemy trouble when deciding what to shoot.

But if you give him a nice expensive flyer, be sure he'll focus on it. So... Not bad, but don't expect it to live very long.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 21:34

Yeah, The only time it didn't matter when I borrowed from a friend and ran both a fighter and a bomber along with 4 Raiders. Everything advance, (minus flyers of course) and my opponent had too many targets to put enough wounds on the two Flyers.

Good info
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 22:00

Da-Rock wrote:
I am rounding out my Drukhari purchases and I am about to purchase some more, but wondered what most others thought about what is important in their lists.

What do feel is an important addition to a Drukhari army?

Flyers
More TRoops
More Transports:  Raiders or Venoms
More Elites and which ones?
Heavies
Allies

Allies. I know I beat this drum a lot, but if you're playing competitively then Doom and Jinx are the absolute best force multipliers that we have access to.

After that, prioritise Ravagers, Talos and Grotesques. Razorwing Jetfighters and Venoms (with Blaster Kabalites) are also good options.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 22:06

Concerning Allies, what would you add?

Patrol, Vanguard, Spearhead or Supreme Command

Farseer, Warlock, Spiritseer?

I have 15 Wraithguard/Blades that I use as stand in Grotesque and the starter box stuff etc.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 22:24

I normally run a Battalion of Farseer Skyrunner, Warlock Skyrunner, and 3x5 Rangers. It's not the cheapest option but it does unlock a lot of command points and gives good board control, as well as the obvious access to psychic powers.

Patrol or Supreme Command would be fine as well, though. Vanguard and Spearhead are a bit trickier to fill out.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2019, 23:25

We play a lot of 2 v 2 games and I always seem to team up with a Psyker player and I am so used to not having a Psychic phase, (previously Tau).

I think 1 v 1 is where I would slide that in there. I like the Supreme Command because whenever I have played with a psyker, it is never close enough to where it is needed.......(I will have to invest in a Skyrunner Farseer!).
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 11:34

I run two Razorwings at 1750, and playing my first game at 2k with a Voidraven added to fill out an airwing tonight. I love the two RWJF and will let you know how the Voidraven goes. I like people trying to shoot my fliers with a natural -1 to hit. It's better than them targeting my ravagers without a hit modifier. Dissies on the Razorwings and I never bother with a cannon. It can land close enough to be in rapid fire with the standard twin rifle, so 10 points for two extra shots isn't worth it for me. They do solid damage, soak shots and can get wherever you need them when you have two circling. Good for landing next to an unprotected character and shooting him to bits, chipping in to finish off vehicles or taking down elite infantry or units in cover. Versatility is great from the dissies.
As a side note I do run my ravagers with lances. If you run triple dissies ravagers then you'll probably find the RWJF less valuable.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 19:55

As strange as this is I've dropped ravagers from my list completely, back in 5th, 6th and 7th I build all my lists around knowing I would always have three ravagers ... But now I find haywire blaster scourge, and twin haywire blaster talos make it into all my lists and not ravagers ...
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 20:12

Archon_91 wrote:
As strange as this is I've dropped ravagers from my list completely, back in 5th, 6th and 7th I build all my lists around knowing I would always have three ravagers ... But now I find haywire blaster scourge, and twin haywire blaster talos make it into all my lists and not ravagers ...

Did you use dark lance or disintegrators, on your ravagers? If you used dark lance, I can understand. But you should always use disintegrators.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 23:14

Outside of allies, I'd say Ravagers, Razorwings, Talos, and Grotesques.

Basically, all our 'heavyweight' units. Everything else tends to be inefficient in terms of offensive capacity.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 19:59

I mostly used lances, though I did try dissintegrator cannons occasionally even back in 5th as a means to clean up the heavy heavy meq population in my local tournaments, now I just take dissies on raiders and leave the anti tank to scourge and talos
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 21:23

Archon_91 wrote:
I mostly used lances, though I did try dissintegrator cannons occasionally even back in 5th as a means to clean up the heavy heavy meq population in my local tournaments, now I just take dissies on raiders and leave the anti tank to scourge and talos

dissies are good anti-tanks. Don't use them just for MEQ.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 13:00

i never leave home without flyers, at least 2 and if i can spare points i fill an airwing with a 3rd RJF or a voidraven.
The options they give you whether you are using them to block the enemy to snipe or to reach enemies you could not otherwise they are the most valuable addition in my army.

I used to feel like that about ravagers too but nowadays i can live without them. Dont know what changed but i dont consider them as important as my flyers anymore
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 14:20

DevilDoll wrote:
i never leave home without flyers, at least 2 and if i can spare points i fill an airwing with a 3rd RJF or a voidraven.
The options they give you whether you are using them to block the enemy to snipe or to reach enemies you could not otherwise they are the most valuable addition in my army.

I used to feel like that about ravagers too but nowadays i can live without them. Dont know what changed but i dont consider them as important as my flyers anymore

Flyers are very similar to the ravagers. So I can understand if you prefer them. I should use my flyers more and try them again.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 17:48

I am torn between buying two Razorwings or two Hemlocks.  I would use them as razorwings for the most part and maybe one of them as a Hemlock when I run a soup list.

I just LOVE the look of the Hemlock/Crimson Hunter over the Razorwing.  Is that crazy talk on my part?  :-)
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 21:47

Da-Rock wrote:
I am torn between buying two Razorwings or two Hemlocks.  I would use them as razorwings for the most part and maybe one of them as a Hemlock when I run a soup list.

I just LOVE the look of the Hemlock/Crimson Hunter over the Razorwing.  Is that crazy talk on my part?  :-)

It's not crazy, but it could get confusing for both you and your opponent if you're running two of the same models as different units.

You can't really go wrong with any of the Eldar fliers, honestly. They're all really good except for maybe the Voidraven.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2019, 21:30

Burnage wrote:
Da-Rock wrote:

It's not crazy, but it could get confusing for both you and your opponent if you're running two of the same models as different units.

You can't really go wrong with any of the Eldar fliers, honestly. They're all really good except for maybe the Voidraven.

The Voidbomber is still competitive, its basically better Dis cannons and a bomb in which is very important vs some matchups. You are talking about 30pts for get S8 and MW's with more wounds on the vehicle over the other flyer.

All Flyers for Aeldari are good

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you feel is most important in a list build?   What do you feel is most important in a list build? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you feel is most important in a list build?
Page 1 of 1