THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Doubles Tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dune_Strider
Slave
Dune_Strider

2k Doubles Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2019, 22:35

I have a doubles tournament coming up in a few week with 1k limits for each player.

Thing about trying to do an aeldari/drukhari combo. Initial Lists are:

player 1:

Coven spearhead - prophets of flesh 585
urien rakarth 90
2x talos - dual macroscalpels & dual haywire blasters 198
2x talos - dual macroscalpels & dual haywire blasters 198
1x talos - dual macroscalpels & dual haywire blasters 99

Airwing detachment - black heart
3x razorwings with dual disintegrator cannons & dual splinter rifles 405

total: 990 pts

player 2:

aeldari battalion 379
farseer skyrunner 132
warlock skyruner 67
5x rangers 60
5x rangers 60
5x rangers 60

drukhari battalion 611
archon - venom blade 72
archon - venom blade + blaster 92

5x warriors + blaster 47
5x warriors + blaster 47
9x warriors + blaster 71

Ravager 3x disintegrator cannons 125

raider 1x disintegrator cannon 80

total: 990 pts

So, the rules are such that both players get a warlord and corresponding trait & relic which means that player one doesn't have a character to take advantage of a relic. Therefore it might make a ton of sense to switch out urien for a haemonculus with the vexator mask, but i don't know what to spend the remaining 30 points on (10 left over and haemonculus cost 70 instead of 90) I could upgrade all 3 razorwings to have splinter cannons, or i could upgrade the haemonculus with some melee weapons, and maybe even try out the hexrifle. a 3+ to hit isn't too bad given he would normally just be wasting his shooting phase anyways. Love some feedback on this.

The second list also has 10 points left over. An easy usage is to give one of the raiders splinter racks, but i feel like i could better utilize the points by upgrading both archons to agonizers and phantasm grenade launchers which takes me up to the 10 points.

A big part of the list is built around lots of units being able to utilize the farseers doom & the warlocks Jinx. I have struggled with knight lists in the past and think this could help consistently be able to deal with them in mass.

The first list WL trait i was planning to be diabolical soothsayer, and the second list labyrinthine cunning. with the archon taking writ of the living muse as its relic.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2019, 04:10

Looks fine, let us know how it went.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Dune_Strider
Slave
Dune_Strider

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2019, 19:53

So, was talking through this with my teammate and we decided on switching urien for a haemonculus with hexrifle, electro wip, and vexators mask and upgraded 2 razorwings to splinter cannons. takes me to 1001 which means we switched out one of the talos macro scalpels for a chain flail for a 1 pt savings.

The other thing we discussed was trying to fit in triple ravagers. I could change up the the drukhari battalion to be:

(1) Archon
(1) Archon
(3) 5x warriors
(3) Ravagers

Which bare bones turns out to be 609 leaving 12 pts that i could add to either the aeldari battalion or the drukhari since they are both controlled by player 2. That could be 1 more ranger, or 2 pgl's and 1 warrior or 2 warriors... or throw some better weapons than venom blades on the archons in some combination. With not being a very active player, i am not really sure what would benefit me the most in a competitive scene.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2019, 23:31

Personally i would go all Flail/Macro, it basically kills 10mans guards where 2 Macros dont, but 2 Macros gives you 1 more attack vs tanks, something i dont think we need.

Back to top Go down
Dune_Strider
Slave
Dune_Strider

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 02:35

So i had a practice game yesterday and totally agree with running all flail/macro.  Enemy kept throwing poxwalker & cultist lines at the talos. Flails did considerably better at clearing them out.  Makes sense that you would end up fighting a lot more of the low toughness high quantity units like this just because that will be the typical tactic for the enemy to try to delay the talos from getting to to the more expensive units.

I did miss having three ravagers though, which leads me to my next list option:

Player 1:
Alaitoc battalion 379
farseer skyrunner 132
warlock skyruner 67
5x rangers 60
5x rangers 60
5x rangers 60

Prophets of Flesh Spearhead 621
Haemonculus w/ venomblade + hexrifle 77
6x wracks 54
2x talos - macro/flail & dual haywire blasters 196
2x talos - macro/flail & dual haywire blasters 196
1x talos - macro/flail & dual haywire blasters 98

Player 2:
drukhari battalion 1000
archon - venom blade  72
archon - huskblade + blaster + pgl 96

5x warriors 30
5x warriors 30
5x warriors + blaster 47

2x razorwings with dual disintegrator cannons & dual splinter rifles 270

So i am losing 1 razorwing & 1 raider and gaining 2 ravagers.  Also dropping a few archon and warrior upgrades and gaining a squad of wracks.  I think i like this better, the ravagers always seem to be my mvp's and i feel a lot more comfortable with a squad of 3 of them. i don't feel like i have wasted points in this list like i did with the previous version. (razorwing splinter cannons & overkitted HQ's)

Also, 14 disintegrators with doom/jink will just wreck crap... especially coupled with 10 haywire blasters. did the math and it looks like the ravagers would do an average of 15 wounds and the talos an average of 13.75 on a castellan.  so average of 1 turn to take one down if they could all fire at it ( and that is assuming the castellan has a 3+ invuln to start with)

Last edited by Dune_Strider on Thu Apr 11 2019, 02:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 03:42

Looks better overall IMO.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 04:59

Just to clarify, that is a PoF spearhead, right? Not battalion?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2019, 18:26

Oh I over looked that part, i was just looking at the units, that needs to be spearhead like Sekac said.

Optionally you can remove 1 Talos and make it a battalion, using those 98pts to get more wracks.

Back to top Go down
Dune_Strider
Slave
Dune_Strider

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2019, 02:08

I did mean to make that as a spearhead, my bad. I am already at 14 cp's so i think i would prefer to keep 5 talos instead of dropping 2 wracks to make up enough points for another haemonculus and 2 more wrack squads. Although, its an interesting thought.

The wracks were kind of low risk experiment. I have never actually used them before and thought that they could help hold objects and maybe try out black cornucopias at some point if it played into the game.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2019, 17:56

Dune_Strider wrote:
I did mean to make that as a spearhead, my bad.  I am already at 14 cp's so i think i would prefer to keep 5 talos instead of dropping 2 wracks to make up enough points for another haemonculus and 2 more wrack squads.  Although, its an interesting thought.  

The wracks were kind of low risk experiment.  I have never actually used them before and thought that they could help hold objects and maybe try out black cornucopias at some point if it played into the game.

Wracks are really good if you go all in, but if not then dont use them as much.

Taking 3x10 puts an odd pressure on shooting units, they need to shoot them, or they will slowly over run, pulling mass shooting (S4-S5 guns) away from Grots/Talos, and the instant a unit isnt killed with 1-2 guys left you bring them back and put them near an objective or back line (hold the enemy line, Recon, etc.. if playing ITC), if you place behind them, you just spent 2CP to force them to kill the same unit again and turn around.

Taking a unit, or a couple small units of 5, they are just character protection and or objective holders, they dont have enough threat to do anything else.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Doubles Tournament   2k Doubles Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Doubles Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::