THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Banners and bobs with line of sight

Go down 
+3
yellabelly
Sarcron
Myrvn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

Banners and bobs with line of sight Empty
PostSubject: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 01:09

I thought there was a section of the rules that mentioned ignoring flags or bits and bobs on models for Line of Sight. However, the only thing I can see is from the guidance document on stepping into a new edition that says any portion of the model is fair game. Does anyone remember seeing anything else?

The main reason I ask is I left a splinter rifle hanging out the wrong direction and it got tagged for LoS. I'm curious if that was right. We worked it out for intention (it was clear I was hiding and I could have rotated the model), but I'm curious how important it is for me to keep track of the rifles in the future.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 08:13

To my knowledge it was any part of the model apart from any weapons it's equipped with. I may be wrong there however, so take to it with a grain of salt.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 08:29

I'd thought any part of the model is fair game in 8th. I didn't play 7th, but when I played WHFB that game system ignored flags, weapons etc. You had to be able to see a part of the main model. So perhaps that was the case in 7th ed 40k too, which is what your remembering?

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 09:03

7th included rules (published in an FAQ which said banners, wings and the sails on Raiders didn't count for line of sight.
No such rule exists in 8th though.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 10:27

Yeah it's a pain but any part of the model is fair game. I managed to hide my Tantalus except the very tip of the sail behind a huge rock, but it still soaked up 8+ lascannons because they could see that tiny tip. It's my least favourite thing about 8th edition.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 12:10

You see it, you shoot it.

I dont mind it honestly, its not you dont have guiding sensors to know where everything is at anyways, it is the 40th mil, i would hope they could at least.

As for game balance? I think its fine too.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 12:32

It definitely works to remove the grey areas of line of sight. It's a yes or no situation, instead of being open to interpretation. And it works both ways. Those lascannons can hit your sail tip, but you can also fire you're 3 lances or dissies from that sail tip too.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 16:08

Thanks guys! That's the problem with playing six different editions... They really start to blend together.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 18:20

The best advice I can give is don't put flags and grisly trophies on vehicles. It looks cool, but it's a case of modeling for disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banners and bobs with line of sight   Banners and bobs with line of sight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banners and bobs with line of sight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: