THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crazy units.

Go down 
+4
KnightSeerValkia
Evil Space Elves
Thor665
Marquis Vaulkhere
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 03:41

I was looking threw the Dark Eldar codex today and realized that a full up Beast Master unit would be FORTY FIVE models strong; one of the largest units in normal games.

Fast- Beast Herd- 710
5 Beast Masters, 25 Khymerae, 5 Clawed Fiends and 10 Razor wing flocks

But not only is the unit large but if every one was able to hit the target then on the turn they charged they would be putting out a whopping 155 attacks, 50 of which are rending. Also 25 of them have 4++ saves and Razorwing flocks have 5 wounds a piece. For 710 points that seams like a good death-star unit to me.

What do you think of my idea and what other crazy units do you think would be fun to see for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 04:29

The largest Beastmaster squad is, taking a bit of everything;

5 Beastmasters - 10 Khymerae, 4 Flocks, 1 Fiend.

Each Beastmaster only gets one selection, not all three each.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 04:48

... |loud ranting| grrr. Well there goes my awesome death-star unit; Maybe for Apocalypse. Once again your powers of observation kick the pants off of mine Very Happy

Well any other ideas for crazy units? Someone save my thread lol.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 05:27

I will admit, for Apocalypse, I've toyed with an idea I dub; Asdrubael Vect and his Wacky Friends.

The build is;

Vect.
Dais
w.
3x Succubus w. Aggies
Haem w. Liquifier
Urien
Drazhar
Duke Sliscus
Lady Malys
Lelith

Due to the Haema nd Urien they'll start with FNP and Furious Charge - plus via the Duke you'll basically get to pick a very nice drug to amp them.

64 attacks on the charge, most of them poison, or power weapons...or poison power weapons. Ultimate wound allocation shenanigans, multiple 2++ saves, great self-healing meatshield fob off via Urien.

I certainly don't think there's a much killier unit the Dex can put out.

Oh...yeah, it does cost 1620...so, even in Apoc it's kind of an investment I'll admit. But...I'm seriously tempted to do it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 05:35

Thor665 wrote:
I will admit, for Apocalypse, I've toyed with an idea I dub; Asdrubael Vect and his Wacky Friends.

The build is;

Vect.
Dais
w.
3x Succubus w. Aggies
Haem w. Liquifier
Urien
Drazhar
Duke Sliscus
Lady Malys
Lelith

Due to the Haema nd Urien they'll start with FNP and Furious Charge - plus via the Duke you'll basically get to pick a very nice drug to amp them.

64 attacks on the charge, most of them poison, or power weapons...or poison power weapons. Ultimate wound allocation shenanigans, multiple 2++ saves, great self-healing meatshield fob off via Urien.

Oh...yeah, it does cost 1620...so, even in Apoc it's kind of an investment I'll admit. But...I'm seriously tempted to do it sometime.

Why not just add 3 Archons with Dijn blades and Huskblades instead of the Succubi while you're at it? affraid
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 06:15

Cost and generally more cheap Power Weapons, though I would say change one Sucubus for an Archon with a PGL and any other equipment, half the guys lack defencive grenades and poor Drazhar (i always spell his name wrong lol) and all those Pain Token totting meatbags (Haemonculi) lack any grenades.

Clearly someone (Thor!) must play this and record the horror it inflicts on their opponent when they are informed about this unit XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 06:45

Hurm, a PGL isn't a bad idea, though a fair shake of the players in that unit already have offensive grenades which are the important ones.

I'll admit talking it out is kind of making me want to run it again. Just get the Flank March effect and drop that sucker into their rear lines and go to town on everything within reach...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 14:35

That unit will get stuck by first dread i fear. Nothing here can even scratch it if it goes into combat, except for lonely haywire grenade from Vect which hit on 6+.

You can add Succubi some grenades , and pray that dead isnt Ironclad so Drazhar can at least glance it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 18:48

I was about to say Draz, at least you clipped him at the end Wink , also there is a option for around 4 Haywire grenades, not to mention the assault grenades.
But, yes, Dreads would be bad for the unit. Dreads are bad for most assault units, that's the point of assault Dreads.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 19:18

Well i dont really fear em, but i didnt played anything marinelike , and wyches/seer councile did just fine with them.
Thing is - such unit cost like Titan! And may face well....Titan ))

For Apoc i would like to have Forgeworld Reapers - thats very reliable anti titan weapon.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 17:35

For anti-Titan weapons we have the Ravager apoch formation that ignores void shields and power fields. Reaper's weapons have an equal chanse of penetrating most things as lances, but the Reaper only gets one shot (even if thta shot does d3 hits), while the Ravager gets 3.
Back to top Go down
Forruner_mercy
Slave
Forruner_mercy

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 03:02

Thor665 wrote:

The build is;

Vect.
Dais
w.
3x Succubus w. Aggies
Haem w. Liquifier
Urien
Drazhar
Duke Sliscus
Lady Malys
Lelith

Good god man!
That is 37 normal attacks, 47 on the charge, 31 of which are PW's, the whole squad is immune to psychic powers, some poisoned weapons, some awesome flamers, and Lelith's "A League Apart" thing, not to mention the Dias itself, and many other nifty things.

DAMN.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 05:53

LOl I wonder if you could pull that off in a normal 2k point game. I'm going to go get my dex right now! LOl We can call it arena spam>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crazy units. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy units.   Crazy units. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy units.
Page 1 of 1