THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Black Blade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

Kabal of the Black Blade Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 18:38

Thought I'd start a project log for my army to track my progress, get some input/feedback and try and keep myself accountable and motivated!

I decided to go with the Kabal of the Black Blade which was destroyed by the Raven Guard in the Heraclad Massacre. The idea being that they weren't totally destroyed and have rebuilt or something along those lines.

I'm coming back to 40K from a long break, played Dark Eldar a little in 3rd Edition so I'm slightly nostalgic for the old models. Picked up some new bits and some older stuff off eBay and have started trying to intermingle them a bit.
I press molded some of the Kabalite Warrior bits and spruced up some old warrior models a little with some green stuff and sprue and plasticard bits:
Kabal of the Black Blade Ab-20110

Kabal of the Black Blade Ab-20112

I think when these are mixed in with the newer warrior models you won't really notice from across the table  Very Happy

I also did a little work on a couple of old Scourges to mix in a squad with three of the new models.
Kabal of the Black Blade Ab-20111

I got fairly far through painting a unit of 10 warriors with this scheme:
Kabal of the Black Blade Ab-20113

I decided I want to do more of the painting with an airbrush though so will be re-doing them. I'm probably going to stick with the scheme for the most part, might lose some of the light grey-green panels and just do them all turquoise.
I'm really not 100% sold on the bright yellow flesh bits either.
Any input would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 17:46

I really like those scourges! Looks like a great project. Can't wait to see what you get up to!
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
TheWailingKing
Slave
TheWailingKing

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 19:49

That armor color looks great!
Back to top Go down
Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2019, 08:21

@Ripper.McGuirl: Thanks! My mind has already started running away with conversion ideas, I can't wait to get on to some of the more exciting things.

@TheWailingKing: Yeah I really like it, the base is Vallejo Model Colour Turquoise. Been wanting to do something with it for a while.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 00:33

I love your ingenuity in mixing pieces from both eras of Dark Eldar - those Kabalites and Scourges are looking very unique and awesome.

The colours you've chosen are great too - not only does it just look fitting for Kabalite armour, but a full army is definitely going to stand out among the crowd! Great choice mate!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 09:48

@hydranixx Thanks man!

Going to iterate a little on the colours but think I've got something that will be a little easier to paint and look just as good Smile
Back to top Go down
Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2019, 13:12

Progress has been a little slow for various reasons including dropping my airbrush and bending the needle Mad

I have made some progress on a 5 man warrior squad with blaster and their Venom:
Kabal of the Black Blade Venom-10

This is the first time I've done shading and highlighting with an airbrush, pretty happy with how it turned out and it is good fun as well.

A bit of practice with taking the photos will help, the helmets are actually shaded with purple and green but it's quite subtle and hasn't really come out in the photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Blade   Kabal of the Black Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Black Blade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: