THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Daemons

Go down 
+6
Sarcron
Jimsolo
Archon_91
newtonEmma
krayd
Soulless Samurai
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2019, 16:39

Gizamaluke wrote:
Nah I think they both look cool and the claw arm is reminiscent of the old archon with his giant claw!

Ah yes. Always thought it was a bit of a shame that weapon didn't make it into the 5th edition model range in some form.

Did it actually used to have rules? I don't remember Archons having access to Power Claws or such back in 3rd.

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2019, 17:14

I'm not sure I didn't start playing DE til 5/6th! I know that eldar used to have Power fists as I've got the bits, maybe it had power fist rules.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2019, 17:29

The claw used to be what Agonisers looked like back in 3rd edition.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2019, 05:56

Agonizers were a class of weapon, like power weapons. They took multiple forms - usually as claws and whips.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2019, 09:14

That's cool, these are the power fists I meanDark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 Screen15
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2019, 21:43

Yeah. Eldar storm guardians used to be able to take those - they can still take the fusion guns/flamers.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2019, 22:13

Burnage wrote:
The claw used to be what Agonisers looked like back in 3rd edition.

krayd wrote:
Agonizers were a class of weapon, like power weapons. They took multiple forms - usually as claws and whips.

Ah, Okay.

Not sure which version of the Agoniser I prefer, honestly. On the one hand the whip is almost unique (outside of a couple of Slaanesh weapons, no one else uses whips, whereas many races have Lightning Claws or similar weapons), but at the same time I think the claws look a lot more menacing.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2019, 22:37

Had a go at making an army for this concept:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t18623-dark-eldar-daemons-2000pts#228600

Currently not quite as much 'daemonic' stuff as I'd like but I'll probably try out what I've got and maybe finish some models before adding more.

Also undecided as to whether I want to lean more toward Harlequins or CWE for the 'daemonic' parts. I like DE but 3 Archons are very one-note.

EDIT: Actually, disregard that list entirely. It's probably functional but I don't think it's enough to bring across the theme I'm aiming for.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2019, 09:58

Had another idea, guys.

I'm thinking that I could have more of a focus on squad-leaders, making them more demonic/mandrake-ish model-wise and treating them almost as pseudo-Exarchs.

A while back, I bought some Spirit Hosts to use as Mandrakes. My idea now is to use the Sylvaneth Tree Sprite/Revenant as the Nightfiend, with the spirit hosts being the regular Mandrakes.

This also frees up my actual Mandrake models. Obviously I'll be using one or two for my Archon conversions. However, I'm thinking that I could re-purpose the others as unit-leaders.

TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2019, 00:52

That sounds like a really interesting concept. The idea being the more corrupted a Kabalite is the higher status they hold?

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2019, 15:49

TheBaconPope wrote:
That sounds like a really interesting concept. The idea being the more corrupted a Kabalite is the higher status they hold?

Basically, yeah. Twisted Evil

EDIT: Oh, small update, the Scourge legs I ordered from ebay have arrived so I've started work on my HQ conversions. I've started on this one first, partially because he needs more green-stuff work and partially because I'm still deciding on a few aspects of my main Archon:

Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 L03AH65l

I'm thinking that he'll will be the second in command in my army - either a secondary Archon or a Troupe Master (or even a Shadowseer?). One of the Harlequin characters would probably fit him better but they're also more awkward to include.  Razz

Either way, he'll likely be Ynnari. I'm planning to include the Yncarne anyway (refluffed as a summoned daemon), and this way I can use Favoured of Ynnead to give him a Warlord Trait.

Regarding my main Archon, part of my plan is now to use the spare 'dagger' from the Yncarne set as a Huskblade for him (it's a little smaller than the regular Huskblade, but since Mandrake weapons are likewise smaller I think it will fit the scale reasonably well).

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2019, 17:47

Welp, just as I thought the above model was going well, I managed to snap off the hair during painting. Sad

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Daemons   Dark Eldar Daemons - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Daemons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2