THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

I'm starting a Slaanesh army!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leahcim
Slave
Leahcim

I'm starting a Slaanesh army! Empty
PostSubject: I'm starting a Slaanesh army!   I'm starting a Slaanesh army! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2019, 05:21

To begin, I haven't committed to starting yet. I just want to bounce this off of you guys.

I haven't really played much 40k in recent years. I've been mostly a Dark Eldar player (see, it's been a while. I still call them Dark Eldar). The truth is, my allegiance in 40k has always been divided between the Dark Kin and the forces of Slaanesh.

Am I kinky? Artistically so. I love body horror. I am also mildly (?) bipolar II, and this has brought me a sort of sensationalist/religious wisdom. As such, Slaanesh is my guy, and she was my guy before I was Dark Eldar.

I'm also Dark Eldar probably for the same reason I use the Code of the Sith as a mantra in meditation. Admittedly my abandonment of hope of peace in this life probably has a lot to do with the bipolar thing.

I'm divided between two superhumanly depraved powers.

So here's my evil plan:

Take my largely unpainted CSM and my unpainted 12 daemonettes to my buddy, Rick (not real name). Rick's handy with crafts and models and painting, and has painted a badass CSM for the hell of it. I'm convinced he could make hundreds a month off of college kids who have unpainted armies.
I'll show him how to paint 40k figs, and we'll paint this army over the course of a night and a case o' brewskis and maybe a few heavy hits from the glass cannon, if you get my drift. I'ma supply the paint. When we're done, we'll post it on craigslist and try to get him some business going.
And I'll get a ton painted in the process. Symbiosis! Mutualism! Synergy! Reciprocity!

Anyway, this whole unnecessary preamble aside:

I want to start a Chaos Space Marine and Chaos Daemon army. I dunno which should be main and which should be allies, but I think I'd have something pretty unique and something very true to my identity, and fun to play.

So, what would you guys recommend for a Slaanesh army? I've been out of the game for a while, so please offer insight or even just the relevant basics of the current order?

Thanks to all who reply!

-M.

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting a Slaanesh army!   I'm starting a Slaanesh army! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2019, 06:00

The new named-character keeper of secrets is ridiculous right now. A buddy of mine play tested it and it killed a blood-thirster first round of combat.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Leahcim
Slave
Leahcim

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting a Slaanesh army!   I'm starting a Slaanesh army! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2019, 03:28

Should I run a Daemon army with Marine allies, or a Marine army with Daemon allies? How does that work?

Damn, I wanted to build a normal Keeper of Secrets, but I guess I can shell out twice for the same kit. Helbane sounds like fun.

My evil plan was to start with:

A) The models I have:
-10 CSM
-12 Noise Marines (need to replace sonic weapons that keep falling off due to crappy pewter parts)
-Rhino
-Vindicator
-12 Daemonettes
I also have some raptors, but those refuse to stand up, so forget them, I was an idiot for buying them.
(I think that's everything...)

B) Buying the following initially:
-Start Collecting Daemons of Slaanesh
-Wrath and Rapture, sell Khorne figs.
-Shadowspear, sell the loyalist swine.

C) Buying the following when I get another bloody influx of cash.
-Keeper of Secrets
-Shelaxi Helbane (sp?)
-The Contorted Epitome
-Lucius the Eternal whenever they redo his model.
-Maulerfiend
-Forgefiend
-Heldrake

Damn I hope GW does another big Slaanesh release soon. I guess I'm the minority, but he is my Chaos God after all.

Last edited by Leahcim on Fri May 24 2019, 03:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Thought a post deserved more than one line.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting a Slaanesh army!   I'm starting a Slaanesh army! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm starting a Slaanesh army!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: