THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Thoughts on this list?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Thoughts on this list? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2019, 01:06

Messing around with a partially Ynnari list.

Obsidian Rose Battalion
Archon (Agoniser, Blaster) - 91
Archon (Venom Blade, Splinter Pistol) - 72
5 Warriors (Blaster) - 47
5 Mandrakes - 80
5 Mandrakes - 80
Ravager (3x Disintegrator) - 125
Venom (Twin Splinter Rifle) - 65 (Warriors)

Ynnari Eldar Battalion
Swooping Hawk Autarch (Power Sword, Reaper Launcher, Banshee Mask, Hungering Blade) - 127 Warlord - Walker of Many PathsLord of Rebirth
Farseer (Witchblade, Word of the Phoenix, Gaze of Ynnead) - 110  (Exalted of Ynnead - Walker of Many Paths)
The Yncarne (Ancestor's Grace, [Shield or Unbind]) - 337
5 Striking Scoptions (Exarch with Scorpion Claw) - 64
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dark Reapers (Exarch with Reaper Launcher) - 170

CWE Auxiliary Support Detachment
Karandras

2000pts, 10 CPs (After Relics/Strats)

Partially I just wanted to test out some things - most notably combining Ynnari Striking Scorpions with Karandras. Also wanted to try out some of the Ynnari relics and powers.

Also thought it would be fun to have quite a few deep-striking units (the Scorpions, Karandras, the Mandrakes, technically the Autarch though he probably won't). I've been messing around with a Daemon-Kabal idea and I'm thinking this might fit the flavour.

Tbh, I'm not sure how useful the Autarch will be. But I just couldn't resist the opportunity to finally have an HQ with wings.  Razz

I know it's partially a test list but any thoughts?

Last edited by Soulless Samurai on Fri May 31 2019, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWailingKing
Slave
TheWailingKing

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2019, 19:53

Maybe I’m overlooking them, but I don’t see mandrakes on the list
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2019, 19:58

TheWailingKing wrote:
Maybe I’m overlooking them, but I don’t see mandrakes on the list

Whoops! There should have been 2 units of 5. Embarassed

I've fixed that now. Well caught.

hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2019, 08:35

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Obsidian Rose Battalion
5 Mandrakes - 80
5 Mandrakes - 80

Ynnari Eldar Battalion
Swooping Hawk Autarch (Power Sword, Reaper Launcher, Banshee Mask, Hungering Blade) - 127 Warlord - Walker of Many PathsLord of Rebirth
Farseer (Witchblade, Word of the Phoenix, Gaze of Ynnead) - 110  (Exalted of Ynnead - Walker of Many Paths)
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55

Karandras

I think I'd start by asking why you feel the need to push for double Battalions? You don't have Agents of Vect to fund, so I don't think 10+cp is necessary.

Dire Avengers are mediocre even with transports, and less than that without them.

Have you considered cutting them entirely, and just taking a Vanguard instead with your Scorpions? Maybe something to this tune:

Ynnari Eldar Vanguard Detachment
Swooping Hawk Autarch (Power Sword, Reaper Launcher, Banshee Mask, Hungering Blade) - 127 Warlord - Walker of Many Paths, Lord of Rebirth

You now have points freed up to flesh out your Kabal list, for example by taking more Ravagers, or Yvraine in lieu of 1 Archon, or, following the daemon/deep strike theme, taking more Mandrakes, some Scourges or a big blob of deep striking Kabalites - Obsidian Rose Kabalites quite enjoy deep striking in and abusing their unique strat to shoot twice with 4 Blasters Smile

Of course, if you instead really wanted the extra psychic support, something like this could be thrown in as well:

Ynnari Eldar Supreme Command Detachment
Yvraine
Warlock

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2019, 09:29

hydranixx wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Obsidian Rose Battalion
5 Mandrakes - 80
5 Mandrakes - 80

Ynnari Eldar Battalion
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55
5 Dire Avengers - 55

Karandras

I think I'd start by asking why you feel the need to push for double Battalions? You don't have Agents of Vect to fund, so I don't think 10+cp is necessary.

Dire Avengers are mediocre even with transports, and less than that without them.

Have you considered cutting them entirely, and just taking a Vanguard instead with your Scorpions? Maybe something to this tune:

Swooping Hawk Autarch (Power Sword, Reaper Launcher, Banshee Mask, Hungering Blade) - 127 Warlord - Walker of Many Paths, Lord of Rebirth

You now have points freed up to flesh out your Kabal list, for example by taking more Ravagers, or Yvraine in lieu of 1 Archon, or, following the daemon/deep strike theme, taking more Mandrakes, some Scourges or a big blob of deep striking Kabalites - Obsidian Rose Kabalites quite enjoy deep striking in and abusing their unique strat to shoot twice with 4 Blasters Smile

Of course, if you instead really wanted the extra psychic support, something like this could be thrown in as well:

Yvraine
Warlock

Double bat is very important, regardless if you have AoV or not. Lightning Fast will eat up 6+ CP alone, 1-3 on Fire and Fade, etc..

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2019, 00:50

Both strats are good, but are using them multiple times more important than using them sparingly and bringing multiple additional good units, instead?

I guess that's a decision for Samurai to make.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2019, 23:30

Thanks for the replies, guys. Sorry, I missed them at first (the notification email seems to have stopped working for me).

hydranixx wrote:

Well, partially for the CPs and partially because I wanted a 3rd HQ.

That said, I'll admit the Farseer probably isn't strictly necessary in this list. I'd just hoped to try out an extra Ynnari character. Razz

I'm not sure about the CPs aspect, though. Even without Agents of Vect, it seems that losing out on 4 CP wouldn't leave me much wriggle room.

hydranixx wrote:

Would Rangers be any better?

I took the Avengers because they were slightly cheaper, but I could always drop a Blaster somewhere to pay for the difference.

hydranixx wrote:

I'd want to keep Lord of Rebirth on the Autarch but otherwise I wouldn't be opposed to that.

hydranixx wrote:

That's true.

To be honest, the 'better units vs. more CPs' question is one I've been asking myself with quite a few lists recently.

hydranixx wrote:

Yvraine
Warlock

Unfortunately, that isn't possible as I'm already at the 3-detachment limit.

I suppose I could drop the Auxillery Support Detachment with Karandras, but the combination of him and Ynnari Scorpions was the main reason for my trying this list in the first place.

Do you think this combination has merit? If not, I might as well just go back to the drawing board entirely.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 00:04

Soulless Samurai wrote:
hydranixx wrote:

Would Rangers be any better?

I took the Avengers because they were slightly cheaper, but I could always drop a Blaster somewhere to pay for the difference.

Rangers are very good if you keep them in cover. -1 or 2 to hit (depending on if you're running them as Alaitoc) and a 3+ save before any additional stratagems is really obnoxious for a lot of armies to deal with.

I actually think they're the best back-field objective camping unit that Eldar have access to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this list?   Thoughts on this list? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this list?
Page 1 of 1