THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE faction Focus

Go down 
+6
Squidmaster
Burnage
Faitherun
Gorgon
krayd
amishprn86
10 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 17:47

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/30/apocalypse-faction-focus-drukharigw-homepage-post-4/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40k&utm_content=40kApocDrukari30June&fbclid=IwAR1b1H5JXLgT7k51NfIJ0eCzUO3cpNUde9kLbo2e6AqH1Pgg6paeG-WcDZg

From what i see, our Commanders need to footslug.. the only thing i was hoping we didnt have to do.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 18:55

It depends on how the actual rule for commanders works. We won't know for sure until someone can get a look at the rulebook to see precisely how command auras work.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 19:14

I saw a bit of a batrep and a razorback had a commander token on it because a warlord was in it. I didn't watch enough to see the rules interactions but it looks promising.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 23:07

Does anyone know how Heavy Weapons work? If it is still the -1 to hit when moving? Most of our main weapons are now Heavy it seems
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 23:39

... Am I the only one that thinks DE look kind of boring as a faction here? When GW are resorting to advertising a reroll 1 to hit aura on an HQ as a big selling point it's not a great sign.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 00:14

Yeah it looks boring. Im more excited about Harlequins and even nids lol.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 09:25

Incredibly boring.
Honestly, I was already losing interest in Apocalypse. Now its gone. Probably won't bother with it.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 09:52

Burnage wrote:
... Am I the only one that thinks DE look kind of boring as a faction here? When GW are resorting to advertising a reroll 1 to hit aura on an HQ as a big selling point it's not a great sign.

And that's on a d12, not on a d6. So it's even weaker than the normal 40K version!

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 11:49

I think the PFP is the best part for us. If that is on a D12 we will for sure be very tough for some odd reason, so i'm thinking it will be a D6.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 12:12

amishprn86 wrote:
I think the PFP is the best part for us. If that is on a D12 we will for sure be very tough for some odd reason, so i'm thinking it will be a D6.

Ignore Damage is on a D6, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 12:26

I don't think DE lend themselves to Apoc brilliantly anyway. We don't have the model range or unit variety for it. For armies with vast unit options, super heavies, etc etc it's a way to put all those different toys on the table and they don't need to duplicate the same units over and over. Dark Eldar don't have the variety of tanks and toys to fill a decent size Apoc army, and those duplicates are no good to you for normal 40k. You can only take a max of 3 ravagers for example, so why spend time and money painting up 6 of them for Apoc?

Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 14:43

Count Adhemar wrote:
Burnage wrote:

And that's on a d12, not on a d6. So it's even weaker than the normal 40K version!

No. 'To hit' rolls are still D6. 'To Wound' rolls are D12.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2019, 14:54

I do wonder what they were thinking when they put together the Medusae profile. It is just objectively worse than other units, and more expensive for some reason. a 10+ SAP/12+ SAT is just awful. The datasheet makes no sense.

I do suspect that our Command Assets will probably involve lots of leadership shenanigans, and leadership is actually very important, as failed morale checks translate into an auto wound on the unit, and you can make morale checks more difficult by piling blast tokens on an enemy unit (and it doesn't matter if the tokens themselves successfully wound in order to give morale penalties, as I understand).

I watched a little bit of a battle report. There were no transports involved, so I couldn't get a definitive answer on whether embarked warlords cast their aura. However, I did learn that units with Infiltrate can be within 24" of their commander and still be within command.

Also, apparently if the commander in your detachment gets killed, you just select the unit with the next highest LD to be the new commander, so you can't wipe an entire detachment by sniping the commander. The commander can also be any unit, but commanders that are characters (called warlords) grant the ability to draw an additional command asset, so you generally want your commanders to be characters.

HQs are also optional for most detachments. For example, you could take a Ravager spearhead with just all Ravagers, and select one Ravager to be the commander.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2019, 07:11

To respond to your comments Krayd,

I have no Idea what happened to the Medusae, they absolutely brutalized it. 2 Power Level instead of 1 PL, and the ranged attack isnt even "Inferno" (auto-hits) LookHowTheyMassacredMyBoy.jpg

I am absolutely ecstatic about Ssylth though. Their ability to absorb D3 Blast Markers from our Archons is pretty dang cool. I'll probably make a post in Tactics about what units I think are winners and what to take.

Our Leadership across the board is pretty decent. It's what? a 6 average, 7 for Archon, Drazhar and Incubi, getting down to 4 for our beasts. I forget if you modify your leadership on the number of blast markers failed or taken, but our base 10+/9+ armor isn't doing us any favors.

In terms of battle reports on Youtube, I've watched 3 now and this Glacial Geek one: GSC vs. Dark Angels actually goes through half the rules as they go and explain the parts of Apocalypse. I'd highly recommend it.

The only time I could see a loss of Commander being an issue, is if there are two units in a detachment that are more than 12 inches apart. Your opponent is forced to make 1 the commander, thus shifting the bubble away from the other unit and effectively forcing them to take the "Standard Action" order to group back up, or suffer being out of command.

We'll for sure see the classic 1 Archon Triple Ravager build as usual, seeing how the Venoms and Raiders can be Kabal, Wych Cult or Coven, but the Ravagers can only be taken as part of Kabal.

Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2019, 17:57

Barrywise wrote:

We'll for sure see the classic 1 Archon Triple Ravager build as usual, seeing how the Venoms and Raiders can be Kabal, Wych Cult or Coven, but the Ravagers can only be taken as part of Kabal.

As far as I can tell, you can mix subfactions as much as you like, with no detriment. You only need to have a 100% Drukhari detachment to get Power from Pain. Otherwise, subfaction abilities are covered by command assets, which take up space in your deck. So, if you want, you can mix/match coven/kabal/cult all in one detachment. However, it's not generally advised, because you usually want units that have similar roles/movement rates all in one detachment, since you have to give the entire detachment one order.

However, I could see maybe making a mixed coven/cult detachment, since everything will tend to be close combat - you just have to make sure that the coven units don't lag too far behind.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2019, 19:59

krayd wrote:
Barrywise wrote:

As far as I can tell, you can mix subfactions as much as you like, with no detriment. You only need to have a 100% Drukhari detachment to get Power from Pain. Otherwise, subfaction abilities are covered by command assets, which take up space in your deck. So, if you want, you can mix/match coven/kabal/cult all in one detachment. However, it's not generally advised, because you usually want units that have similar roles/movement rates all in one detachment, since you have to give the entire detachment one order.

However, I could see maybe making a mixed coven/cult detachment, since everything will tend to be close combat - you just have to make sure that the coven units don't lag too far behind.

There is no sub-keyword system for commanders? NICE!

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2019, 07:18

I do think that assaulting from transports is going to be tricky for wyches, assuming that you don't footslog them. Disembarking can only happen before the transport moves, with a 6" range, and the disembarked unit can't move any further.

So... in order to assault from a transport, you will need to make sure that the transport is within 6" of the target enemy unit at the beginning of your move. So that means that you either disembark/fight as a defensive measure vs. a unit that gets close to your transport before you've carried out its order... or you position the transport within 6" of an enemy unit and hope that they either stay there or don't completely surround your transport during that turn, because you won't be able to jump out until next turn.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2019, 14:31

I've been wondering about that as well. However, the aimed fire ability really limits movement. Wyches may end up doing suicide runs right up against enemy lines. Give the transports Assault Orders turn one for a double move up against enemy lines.

This looks interesting. I'm curious how it plays out on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2019, 17:25

Wait, transport disembark is different now? oh. I have my book order and at the store, i just havent been able to go pick it up.

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2019, 17:30

Disembark has to happen before the transport moves when you carry out the order, and cannot happen if the transport has already moved. You disembark within 6" of the transport. The disembarked unit may not move any further that turn, but may shoot or fight, depending on what order you gave it.

So, in order to assault directly out of a transport, you need to have given the detachment either an assault or an advance order, and either 1) already be within 6" of an enemy unit, so that your unit can pop out and immediately be in BtB with the enemy, or 2) enemies will have to have moved within 6" of your transport prior to you carrying out the transport's order.

Though, with splinter weapons being as good vs. infantry as they are, it's pretty viable for wyches to just shoot pistols.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DE faction Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE faction Focus   DE faction Focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE faction Focus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-