THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scourges and Winged Strike

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Count de Money
Slave
Count de Money

Scourges and Winged Strike Empty
PostSubject: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 17:25

Perhaps my usually quite good searching skills are failing me but I can't find a definitive answer to this question.

As you know, Scourges have an ability called Winged Strike. During deployment, they are set up in the sky and can arrive on the battlefield anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from enemy models at the end of any of your movement phases. The words "any" and "anywhere" are the ones that interest me.

Deep striking is now in your own deployment zone turn 1, anywhere turn 2 or higher. My question is does this apply to Winged Strike? It seems to me that it is functionally equivalent to deep striking. If that's the case, though, why go to the trouble of calling it Winged Strike? Is it a distinction without a difference or is it actually a different mechanic that the deep strike rules don't apply to?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 17:58

Every deep strike have their own unique name. It's still just deep strike.
Back to top Go down
Count de Money
Slave
Count de Money

PostSubject: Re: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 17:59

dumpeal wrote:
Every deep strike have their own unique name. It's still just deep strike.

That makes sense. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2019, 18:58

And also you CANNOT deep strike into your own zone on turn 1 anymore. Turn 2 or 3 anywhere on the board only. Dead if not brought in by turn 4.
Back to top Go down
Count de Money
Slave
Count de Money

PostSubject: Re: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2019, 01:16

sekac wrote:
And also you CANNOT deep strike into your own zone on turn 1 anymore. Turn 2 or 3 anywhere on the board only. Dead if not brought in by turn 4.

You are correct. I keep forgetting that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scourges and Winged Strike   Scourges and Winged Strike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scourges and Winged Strike
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: