THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Match v Genestealer Cult

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

Match v Genestealer Cult Empty
PostSubject: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2019, 21:36

Looking for advice from my fellow Archons.

No idea what stuff I will be facing, just after some general tips?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2019, 20:47

Put all your stuff up on top of ruins so they cant charge you can shoot them plenty, only put things on the bottom floor you want em to fight (vexayor mask haemonculus and grotesques/talos)
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2019, 08:49

Thanks for the reply Gizamaluke. Apologies for the late acknowledgement.

So, played the game and went BH Spearhead and warrior troop heavy for the rest (with shredders). Took four 5 man squads and spread them around to restrict his deepstrike abilities. Even going second by the end of turn 3 I had dealt with most of his threats. Called it at that point.

Maybe not the most "tricked out" GSC army you could ever meet but just had to be careful about those (hand) flamers, but those goes for any army we face.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2019, 18:55

I am actually debating taking a unit or two of Razorwing flocks to help help castle up and be annoying.

I was actually thinking about doing 2x 10-12 flocks with a Ycarne for fearless and a 6+++. Then cast the 5++ power on a flock for a 5++, 6+++ if need be. It's a fair bit of points, but it gives you tons of wounds that are solid at board control.

Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2019, 22:56

Whilst there is no doubt it would give you the ability to deny a lot of terrain and a heap of wounds I feel using the Ycarne in this role is a bit of a waste. At 337 points you want it to be able to "pop" to where it is required rather than using it for babysitting duties.

Having said that if the rest of your force is equipped to deal with all the bodies that will be coming your way it may be a novel way to go. It is fairly certain most opponents will not have come across such a tactic before.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 01:33

So GSCs are really good at 3 things
1) Massive attacks, insane amounts of them; but they are low str and short distance, str 3 and str 4, 8-24" range
2) Insane DSing abilities
3) Massive amounts of bodies

So you will need to do 3 things
1) Have fly and out move and out deploy your opponent (like others have said)
2) have massive anti infantry with some anti-tank (Venoms + blasters and Ravagers with Scourges and Shredders)
3) Finally speed, make sure to stay away from their 2-3 good melee units and their really good shooting units, like the Bikers and Shotgun guys.

I would kill the Bikers first if they take any.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match v Genestealer Cult   Match v Genestealer Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match v Genestealer Cult
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: