THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Succubus Skyrunner?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

Succubus Skyrunner? Empty
PostSubject: Succubus Skyrunner?   Succubus Skyrunner? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2019, 22:14

Hello fellow Archons, I for one am frustrated with the lack of options for our HQs, especially when it comes to mobility. What do you think a Jetbike or Skyboarding Character for drukhari might look like? Would it be effective? (I personally think it would)

I have been dabbling with the idea of running an Autarch skyrunner in an separate detachment to act as a mobile hq to give extra punch to my hellions and reavers. Their auras dont work of course but i still think it could help with tougher targets.

For me I would want an aura to help Wych cult units, either to wound or hit, a good invul save, and decent high Strength attacks. I realise I'm describing an Autarch Skyrunner at this point. And for me that's the simple answer. Just swap the Shurican catapults for Twin splinter pods, and give us a decent lance/glaive.

But what do you all think? Interested to hear what your take on this is.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Skyrunner?   Succubus Skyrunner? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 09:29

We have been asking for years, we used to have options then 3rd book to 5th we lost some, 5th to 6th we lost more, 6th to 7th even more, 7th to 8th index even more, then index to codex again even more.

The DE community has been asking for better HQ's for years, they DID give us 3 plastic HQ kits and ruined them completely sadly.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Skyrunner?   Succubus Skyrunner? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 21:00

It's a sad history. I've got that 3rd ed book from my youth, although I didn't have a large DE collection then. It's part of the reason I think it's justifiable that we get those options back, in one form or another.

Also from another angle, in our 8th Ed codex it even talks about how the flayed skull archon (i forget the name) used to be a reaver! Surely they would happily jump back on a bike to go on a Real Space Raid?
Back to top Go down
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Skyrunner?   Succubus Skyrunner? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2020, 14:25

"Succubus Skyrunner"
You sell me dreams.

We really need some flying HQ.

In first I think, with the box Gangs of Commorragh, GW missed good opportunity to give us Reavers and Hellions Leaders (flying shark and manta ray).

Then I imagine a Archon (Horned devil with four wings), given Scrourges the Kabal Keyword.

And finaly, in Coven we could have a Monster HQ (Haemonculus mounted on cronos).

But GW scultor dont have time for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succubus Skyrunner?   Succubus Skyrunner? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succubus Skyrunner?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development