THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Beginner needing help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

2000pts Beginner needing help Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10 2019, 19:07

So I haven't actually started playing yet, I played aaaaaages ago but haven't touched the game in years.

I writing this list mostly so I can plan my purchases, most of my knowledge is from watching battle reports on youtube, having a base understanding of the rules and just hard reading the different units.

If anyone of you could have a look at the list and tell me if it's absolute garbage or not that would be very useful!

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [36 PL, 587pts]
Prophets of Flesh

HQ [10 PL, 152pts]

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]
Electrocorrosive whip and Splinter Pistol

Haemonculus [5 PL, 76pts]
Electrocorrosive whip and Splinter Pistol

Troops [11 PL, 180pts]

5 Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]

5 Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]

10 Wracks [5 PL, 90pts]

Elites [10 PL, 175pts]

5x Grotesques
5x Monstrous Cleaver and Flesh Gauntlet

Dedicated Transport [5 PL, 80pts]

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]
Disintegrator cannon

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [54 PL, 962pts]
Kabal of the Flayed Skull

HQ [10 PL, 196pts]

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]
Huskblade and Splinter pistol

Drazhar [6 PL, 120pts]

Troops [8 PL, 120pts]

5x Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 30pts]

5x Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 30pts]

10x Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 60pts]

Elites [8 PL, 160pts]

5x Incubi 80pts

5x Incubi 80pts

Fast Attack [15 PL, 276pts]

5x Scourges [5 PL, 92pts]
4x Haywire blaster

4x Haywire blaster

4x Haywire blaster

Dedicated Transport [13 PL, 210pts]

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]
Disintegrator cannon

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]
Splinter Cannon and Twin splinter rifle

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]
Splinter Cannon and Twin splinter rifle

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [25 PL, 451pts]
Kabal of the Black Heart

HQ [4 PL, 76pts]

Archon [4 PL, 76pts]
Huskblade Splinter pistol

Heavy Support [21 PL, 375pts]

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]
3x Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]
3x Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]
3x Disintegrator cannon
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11 2019, 00:04

So, I'll just leave a few tweaks for now. I'm certainly no expert but I can give my ideas.

Haemonculi can't take splinter pistols- they have to take stinger pistols which bumps they're price up to 81 points.

On your spearhead detachment, it would save points to give the archon a venom blade- he's going to be baby-sitting the ravagers not getting into melee.

It depends on whether you want to focus more on anti-horde or or anti-tank, especially with what your local meta is, but I would probably take the 10-man unit of kabs as a 5-man, change the raider to a venom, and give each 5-man unit a blaster or shredder.

Other than that you've got a fairly strong list. You could potentially try different tactics as your collection grows, perhaps changing the grotesques into talos' with a reduction to minimum size wracks.

Overall, the list looks fine, the only thing to actually worry about is the haemonculus weapon changes, which will take you 10 points over your 2000. The change of the spearhead archon's melee to venom balde will make that 6 points over, and you'll need to drop a single model's weapon to change that.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11 2019, 04:37

Are you sure about the splinter pistols? I don't have the book I'm using a list building program called Battle Scribe and Splinter Pistol (no cost) is their default gear?

I mostly wanted a 10 man simply because they come in boxes of 10 Razz I could strip them down to five and just assemble the remaining 5 with various special weapons I can swap out the normal guys for though that could work for sure! And the weapon swap on the boat captain Archon makes sense to save points, I kind of just assumed the default option would be cheapest xD

Any advice on Wargear and Warlord Traits I'm a bit losts as there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on what's best so I'm not sure what would fit this list best and if I should purchase multiples since I have by my count 14 CP.

Thank you so much for the advice
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11 2019, 08:28

No problem!

Yes, very certain on the stinger pistols and splinter pistols. It's one of the issues with programs like battlescribe, they sometimes have slight issues like that. That said, it may be taking rules from the index, which I neither have nor use.

You certainly don't have to strip down to a 5-man unit, simply a suggestion. The only reason I suggest it is to make sure you can fit everything into the list. The excess points would allow for some upgrades, probably not enough to afford kabalite special weapons, but things like ossefactors on the wracks for some slight poke, or other options.

One particulary good option is to use some the excess points remaining and change on of the haemonculi to Urien Rakarth. His melee is a bit worse, but he easily makes up for it with two additional auras of +1 strength and leadership to Prophets of the Flesh units.

You've already got heaps of command points, but more never hurts- especially in the case of vect. A very common tactic ( and certainly a good one), is to make one of your archons your warlord, possibly your ravager one to use the black heart trait and gain a command point every once in a while, or the flayed skull archon with one of the base traits to buff his melee.

You then use Alliance of Agony for 1cp to give your haemonculus a trait- the PoF one which then gains you D3 cp's and a free re-roll for him.

Relics-wise, you can never go wrong with giving a haemonculus the vexator mask. This makes it so no-one can overwatch the haemonculus, and each fight phase he chooses an enemy unit within 6" to fight last. Reccomended is to then spend 1cp and give the black heart archon Writ of the Living Muse, which then adds a nice re-roll 1's to wound aura to him.

If you want to go all out, you can further enhance the flayed skull archon by giving him the djinn blade for some extra melee prowess.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11 2019, 15:30

So you actually can take splinter pistols on a haemonculus. Not to get into it too much, but because it's still an option on the index version of the haemonculus, you can still take it and save a few pts. Probably won't last seeing as the indexes days are numbered, but for now you can save the pts there.

As far as your list goes, for a beginner just starting an army, I think a more important question to consider than the exact list you want to build, is how are you going to use this army? Are you planning to take Drukhari to say Adepticon sometime, so you want top tier competitive, or do you not care about competitive events, and you have a very specific theme in mind you want to follow? I'd start your army off by answering that question, if you want to say build a very thematic coven list, then that's the direction you should be building your army towards.

As far as the list goes one general piece of advice, you want special weapons whenever possible in most units. Kabalite warriors in particular always want to have 1/5 take a blaster or shredder. For wracks that is less important as they are a melee unit, though I am a fan of taking ossefactors.

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11 2019, 22:23

Ah, right. I don't have the index so I didn't realise it was an index option for haemonculi

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12 2019, 00:23

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
So you actually can take splinter pistols on a haemonculus. Not to get into it too much, but because it's still an option on the index version of the haemonculus, you can still take it and save a few pts. Probably won't last seeing as the indexes days are numbered, but for now you can save the pts there.

There was actually a bit of debate about this that I don't think's ever been fully resolved or FAQed. The splinter pistol was the Index Haemonculus' default weapon, and it's not crystal clear whether that counts as a wargear option or not for the purposes of the "can I take index wargear?" flowchart - I've seen a couple of very strict RAW players argue that it doesn't.

Most people won't care, and it's kind of a moot point with Legends coming soon anyways, but just something to be aware of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Beginner needing help   2000pts Beginner needing help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Beginner needing help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: