THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can Scourge be Ynnari?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Can Scourge be Ynnari? Empty
PostSubject: Can Scourge be Ynnari?   Can Scourge be Ynnari? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 15:07

Probably getting myself mixed up, but bear with me.
When Drukhari become Ynnari, they replace <KABAL> or <WYCH CULT> with <REBORN DRUKHARI>.
But Scourge do not have <KABAL> or <WYCH CULT>.

Such Detachments gain the YNNARI keyword, but as a keyword, not a faction.
It is also no longer considered a Drukhari detachment.
So a Detachment of Drukhari which is made Ynnari, is actually a REBORN DRUKHARI detachment.

The BLADES FOR HIRE rule says that Scourge can join a DRUKHARI detachment without preventing access to Obsessions.
But as I pointed out, its not counted as a Drukhari Detachment anymore.

So Scourge can not join a REBORN DRUKHARI detachment, and therefore can't be Ynnari.
(Though aren't listed in the units prevented from being Ynnari.)

What am I missing?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Can Scourge be Ynnari?   Can Scourge be Ynnari? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 15:53

Yes. You create the Drukhari detachment first, which can include Scourges. If you've included a Ynnari HQ, you can then choose to turn the Drukhari detachment into a Ynnari one. The Scourges will then be in a Ynnari detachment with the Ynnari keyword, but not the Reborn Drukhari keyword.

This is the exact same process by which Incubi can become Ynnari, and they are very obviously intended to be able to be taken in Ynnari detachments.

Note, also, that although the detachment isn't considered a Drukhari detachment for most purposes, none of the models contained within it actually lose the Drukhari keyword.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Can Scourge be Ynnari?   Can Scourge be Ynnari? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 17:43

Burnage wrote:
Yes. You create the Drukhari detachment first, which can include Scourges. If you've included a Ynnari HQ, you can then choose to turn the Drukhari detachment into a Ynnari one. The Scourges will then be in a Ynnari detachment with the Ynnari keyword, but not the Reborn Drukhari keyword.

This is the exact same process by which Incubi can become Ynnari, and they are very obviously intended to be able to be taken in Ynnari detachments.

Note, also, that although the detachment isn't considered a Drukhari detachment for most purposes, none of the models contained within it actually lose the Drukhari keyword.

This.

In addition, this means that scourges DO get buffs for anything keying off <YNNARI> specifically. So they can get re-roll 1s to hit with Ancestor's Grace, become fearless with the Yncarne's aura, etc.

Ynnari really is the best place for scourges and incubi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Scourge be Ynnari?   Can Scourge be Ynnari? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Scourge be Ynnari?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: