THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Wych Cult List

Go down 
+5
False Son
jgascoine011
dumpeal
Lord Weston
fisheyes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jgascoine011
Slave

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 01:52

Was wondering what peoples opionion of this list might be.
It has a lot of shooting, and some combat, which i really like.

Its two batallions and an air wing detachment with Test of Skill and Berserk Fugue

1st Batallion:
HQ
Succubus
- Triptych Whip
- Blast Pistol
- WLT: Precision Blow

Succubus
- Archite Glave
- Blast Pistol

Troops
3 *10 Wyches
- 3 Hydra Gauntlets in each unit

Transport
3 Raiders
- Disintegrator Cannon on each

Fast Attack
2 *10 Hellions

9 Reavers
- 3 Grav Talons

2nd Batallion
Succubus
- Archite Glave
- Blast Pistol

Succubus
- Archite Glave
- Blast Pistol

Troops
10 Wyches
- 3 Hydra Gauntlets

2 *5 Wyches

Transport
3 Raiders
- Disintegrator Cannon on each

Airwing Detachment
3 Razorwings
- 2 Disintegrator Cannons on each

Combat Drugs:
The two 5 man wych cults take the +2M and +2Ld
One Succubus would take the +1WS
All the other wyches and the succubi take the +1 Attack. From turn 3 onwards, a 10 man unit puts out 41 attacks, hitting on 2s, with 5s exploding
The Hellions take the +1 strength.
The Reavers take +1 toughness

Tactics.
I have 14CP but would probably spend 3 to deepstrike the hellions and reavers.
Posion is deffinetly not what it used to be but it still has a purpose against some units.
With the Raiders and Razorwings, I have 36 S5 AP-3 D2 shots getting +1 to wound vs vehicles
The wyches should be able to deal with hordes, however there is a strong argument to take the +1S drug instead.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 10:41

The list looks alright, but there's a few things here I should point out:

- Hellions really aren't worth it at the moment - I keep trying to make a squad of 20 work, but every time they die too easily, or don't do anything when they get to combat. Deep striking them doesn't seem to help either, as they more often then not fail the 9" charge, even with the re-roll from PfP. You'd be better off trying to take another squad or two of Reavers instead - as cool as Hellions look, they just aren't worth the points right now.
- On the subject of deep-strike, you mentioned putting the Hellions and Reavers in deep-strike - there are 3 units there, and the max you can deep-strike with that stratagem is 2. I would use that strat for the Hellions, as T5 4+ Reavers have a better chance of surviving than T3 5+ Hellions.
- You mentioned turn 3 'exploding 5s' - Berserk Fugue works on 'unmodified 6s', so the +1 to hit from PfP doesn't affect it.
- With such a high model count, have you considered using Slashing Impact instead of one of your two abilities? It may only work against Infantry, Bikers and Monsters, but a mortal wound per charging model on a 5+ can be quite effective, especially with a large number of Wyches charging in.

Overall, the list looks alright - but just bear in mind that Wych Cults are a difficult army to master: I should know, I've been trying for years. Contrary to your opening statement, Wych Cults are very much a combat army - they thrive in combat. The only problem is getting them to combat so they can be effective - your lack of survivability means tactical positioning is very important. Transports are a good shout, but have you considered using Venoms for the smaller Wych squads? The natural -1 to hit can be quite useful, though you lose a Disintegrator cannon as a cost.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 11:46

Very impressed with this list. Minimal "toys" on your squads, lots of Dissies on your transports. Actually like your use of Blast Pistols, you should be able to actually do something with them due to how saturated your list is.

Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 12:29

I love the concept. I agree with the previous comments but would also ask why you went without the shardnets on the wych squads? They have always felt integral to the way wyches thrive in this edition
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 16:07

Glass Battleaxe wrote:
The list looks alright, but there's a few things here I should point out:

- Hellions really aren't worth it at the moment - I keep trying to make a squad of 20 work, but every time they die too easily, or don't do anything when they get to combat. Deep striking them doesn't seem to help either, as they more often then not fail the 9" charge, even with the re-roll from PfP. You'd be better off trying to take another squad or two of Reavers instead - as cool as Hellions look, they just aren't worth the points right now.

I'm starting to think that Hellions are accurately priced these days. The OP has the right idea about how to field them, as 10 strong tops. This gives them a small enough footprint to claim cover. We dream of 20 strong hordes using Stratagems and Combat Drugs to pull off some miracle. Where Hellions have worked well for me lately is being just a supplemental unit for Wychs that are going to charge.

This list reads like an attempt to take on vehicles with just Wych cult, but neglects Blasters or Heat Lances on the Reavers? 3 Heat Lances with Test of Skill is a genuine threat.

I wouldn't deep strike the Reavers. Not needed. If anything, drop a Raider, bulk out one of the 5 strong Wych squads and deep strike that. Or, just deep strike both Hellion units into cover.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 16:41

You can't have 4 succubus. It's 3 max.
Back to top Go down
jgascoine011
Slave

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 16:41

Ok i completley mis-read Berserk Fugue and Slashing Impact.
I thought Slashing Impact was per unit not per model.

In that case yes, Slashing Impact is much better.
And i would make the 10 man wychs take the +1S combat drug.

My reason for not taking the heat lances/blasters on the reavers is 1) they are so god damn expensive, and 2) BS3 is not great for 1 shot weapons. With heat lances i would average 1D6 damage, assuming no Invuns.

As for hellions, yea, they are more for a cool fluffy choice. I do love the models.
They are also helpful vs other flying vehicles, which they can charge
If i was going for a more super competitve choice i would drop them and take:
2 *6 Razorwing Flocks
1 Beastmaster
This would give me 56 points free which i would use to give the reavers 3 Blasters.
Would probably also drop the blast pistols on the succubi and upgrade the Razorwings to Voidravens.
This would give me a crap load of mortal wound output
Back to top Go down
jgascoine011
Slave

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 17:08

dumpeal wrote:
You can't have 4 succubus. It's 3 max.

Ah yes i forgot about rule of 3. Kind of screws pure dark eldar lists over.
In that case I would drop the blasters on the succubi, drop one succubus, and take drazhar instead.
Would probably be better anyway
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 19:06

The rule of 3 is a suggestion, not a hard rule, right?
Back to top Go down
jgascoine011
Slave

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 19:11

False Son wrote:
The rule of 3 is a suggestion, not a hard rule, right?

Its a hard rule for matched play
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 19:48

Well, there is always Drazhar. Or, Yvraine. Having a Deny is always a good thing. You have the CPs for a Helm of Spite.
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Slave
Oddball

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2020, 17:03

I thought rule of three was a recommendation for matched play, though a lot of tournaments use it. On what page in the rule book does it say it's to be considered a hard rule? I don't have mine on hand right now.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2020, 22:04

Oddball wrote:
I thought rule of three was a recommendation for matched play, though a lot of tournaments use it. On what page in the rule book does it say it's to be considered a hard rule? I don't have mine on hand right now.

It's not in the main rule book (well, not the print version) - it was added during one of the early big FAQs, and is now shown in the FAQ for the main rule book. And while it is stated that it's a 'suggestion' for matched play events, it's pretty much become standard practice within tournaments - I don't think I've ever seen a tournament that doesn't use rule of 3.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 03:34

I agree, never seen a tournament that doesn't use it. But it is still a suggestion, just a very commonly used one.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 13:49

jgascoine011 wrote:

1st Batallion:
HQ
Succubus
- Triptych Whip
- Blast Pistol
- WLT: Precision Blow

I dont think you can have a blast pistol and a Triptych whip I could be wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Wych Cult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Wych Cult List   2k Wych Cult List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Wych Cult List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-