THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Target list for a new player

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampede
Slave
Stampede

2000 Target list for a new player Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Target list for a new player   2000 Target list for a new player I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2020, 14:22

Hello everyone!

I'm an old player of Fantasy and currently 9th Age, who have now started delving into 40K. I'm in the process of building my first army, which is likely set to be primarily Drukhari, but with a few cherrypicked Craftworld bits and pieces sprinkled on top, and would like an opinion or two on my current target 2000 pts build. My aim is currently a mix of competative and a few cooler/fun units, that could reliably place about middling in tournaments in the hand of a semi-competent player (me, in a while, hopefully) but without loosing too many friends in the process (except "friends" who play marines. God I hate marines!).

So anyhow, on with the show!

Drukhari - Battalion detatchement - Kabal of the Flayed Skull
Archon: Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade - 57
Drazhar - 100
5 Kabalite Warriors: Blaster, Sybarite - 47
8 Incubi: Klaivex (Demiklaives) - 112
Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, 2 Splinter Rifles - 145
Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, 2 Splinter Rifles - 145
Raider: Disintegrator Cannon - 80
Venom: 2 Splinter Cannons - 75

Drukhari - Spearhead detatchement - Kabal of the Black Heart
Archon: Warlord (Labyrinthine Cunning), Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade, Writ of the living muse - 57
Ravager: 3 Disintegrator Cannons - 140

Craftworlds - Battalion Detatchement - Ulthwe
Eldrad Ulthran: Smite, Executioner, Mind War, Doom - 145
Spiritseer: Smite, Quicken/Restrain - 55
5 Rangers - 60
5 Rangers - 60
5 Rangers - 60
6 Howling Banshees: Exarch (War shout, Shuriken Pistol & Executioner) - 69
6 Howling Banshees: Exarch (War shout, Shuriken Pistol & Executioner) - 69

Yes I know I write lists like a Fantasy player, but quite frankly I took one glance at the Battlescribe printout and my eyes bled. How do you people live like that?!

Anyhow, so the general plan is to be nice, mobile and general in my application of the Drukhari elements: Shoot everything that moves, and plow the raider with Incubi + Drazhar into everything that'll allow it. The Craftworld pieces are a little wierder, and to be applied surgically. The rangers can threaten characters and the odd larger model when backed up with Doom, as well as popping up on objectives. The Banshees, in conjunction with Quicken+6" Advance strategem, are there to be slingshot over the board with their 35.5" average charge, ignore overwatch and tie up something shooty before it murders my boats and planes. And Eldrad and the Spiritseer are mainly there to enable the two aforementioned combos, as well as smiting/executioner'ing/denying the living crap out of anything scary. Plus it felt a shame to give up on the entire Mindgame Phase just because the Drukhari are emotional wrecks and afraid of psychiatrists.

Any thoughts? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

2000 Target list for a new player Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Target list for a new player   2000 Target list for a new player I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2020, 14:37

Welcome to the Dark City

You have posted the basic DE Net-list. It will perform well, so long as you are careful and play tactically without running up the middle of the board. A lot of movement and a lot of firepower (but glass cannon to the extreme).

Only real issue with it is that you have no "anvil" to anchor your lines. Generally that would be your Coven forces (Wracks/Grotesques/Talos), who try and deter the enemy from just walking up the middle of the board and taking your milkshake.

I personally dont play with the cowardly Craftworlders, so not sure how effective that detachment will be. You may want to play around with it until you are happy with it

Otherwise play a few test games and learn to play the army. Dont get discouraged if you loose the first few games, DE is a hard army to learn/play. That is half the fun!
Back to top Go down

2000 Target list for a new player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: