THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deployment Archetypes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Deployment Archetypes Empty
PostSubject: Deployment Archetypes   Deployment Archetypes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27 2020, 13:14

Last weekend I was lucky to get in a few games in the ITC format. In both games, the match was determined at deployment. (was playing with an Artillery Guard list against Tyranids)

First game we deployed 24 inches along the long board edges (Hammer and Anvil?), and I deployed in a castle with screens along the front edge going second. By the end of the enemy turn 1, the game was over. Exocrenes and hive guard double shooting, followed by Kracken Genestealers meant that over 1/3 of my army was gone before I got to move. There was no need to continue the game

Second game was the corner deployment, with the circle of no-mans land in the middle (cant recall the name of this deployment). Got to go first this game, and deployed very far back to avoid the Kracken Rocket Genestealers, with artillery at the maximum range to hit the enemy. Nids deployed far back to avoid the artilery and infantry heavy weapons. Long story short, heavy weapons shot all game and obiliterated the nids.

My question is this: are there any youtube videos/guides to deployment architypes? I feel that I need to get better at deployment, as both of my games were basically decided before any dice were rolled. A guide of what to do in each deployment scenario would be very helpful, if such info exists in the wild.

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Deployment Archetypes   Deployment Archetypes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27 2020, 17:17

D6 evolution is a youtube channel that I quite like. They did a video on the deployment phase a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B-0WnggIto
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deployment Archetypes   Deployment Archetypes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27 2020, 19:51

TY @ Silverglade.

Do they go over how to deploy/counter deploy based on enemy army type (CC Rush, Shortrange Gunline, Artilery, etc)?

Still at work, will check that out when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deployment Archetypes   Deployment Archetypes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deployment Archetypes
Page 1 of 1