THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Gunboats Still Viable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

Gunboats Still Viable Empty
PostSubject: Gunboats Still Viable   Gunboats Still Viable I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2020, 17:07

My brother and I are looking at getting back into 40k. Mostly through table top simulator. I feel I need to get back into it b/c She Who Thirsts might be after me. I might be looking at getting some models someday in the future. Plan is to get my son hooked on the plastic crack. I played the True Kin from 5-7. Stopped bc of two reasons, got tired of the damn flyer spam and my wife was going to kill me. I loved the raider packed warriors and some MSU venoms. Will I get mopped off the board or can I do a decent showing with Kabalite Warriors raid force? Plan to bring some Coven as well since it seems they are the new it. Just started reading 8th rules but have been playing since 3rd edition. It has also been a little while since I posted here. My brother plans to play harlequins but might be starting a little campaign with a couple friends online.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Gunboats Still Viable   Gunboats Still Viable I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 01:42

I don't think mixing a Kabal with Covens is ever a bad way to start. In recent times we got hit by the power creep, especially those of the Marines but all in all we are still viable.

Both, Venoms and Raiders are viable. Venoms are my to-go choice with Flayed Skull (for 19" move awesomeness), otherwise Raiders really aren't bad either. Also, Raiders can now transport multiple units so you can transport 2x 5 man squads of Warriors, Wyches or Wracks (interchangeably).

Depending on the enemy army, key transports getting blown up early is a problem, but I don't think its as bad is it was in previous editions. On top, we have stratagems that enhance our cover safe, make one unit -1 to hit or just cover greater distances. So that definitely helps.

You should definitely field some Taloi or Grotesques. And with the obsessions of the Prophets of Flesh you get a no-overwatch relic, a 4+ invul on all units and another D3 CP at the start of the game.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Gunboats Still Viable   Gunboats Still Viable I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 14:26

Thank you that helps a lot. Planning to start 1k army list soon. I’ll post it soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Gunboats Still Viable   Gunboats Still Viable I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 15:18

@The Strange Dark One speaks truth.

Kabal and Coven are the two most competitive branches of the DE, and Kabal excel at doing the cheap-gunboat stratagy. Just remember: boys over toys. Our units are paper thin, so always bring 2-3 with the expectation that 1-2 of them will die. If you played in 3ed, you will remember this well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunboats Still Viable   Gunboats Still Viable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunboats Still Viable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-