THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
omkara
Kabalite Warrior
omkara

The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans   The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12 2020, 13:08

First of all, thanks for reading and hopefully also replying.

So, I've been reading more and more into the Drukhari Codex and I'm very much tempted to consider playing a Dark Creed Haemonculus Coven, as their -1 LD manipulation intrigues me. It's quite a unique way of playing W40K, especially for the Coven, at least, in my humble opinion.

So the "tactic" to abuse this LD manipulation would be to take a Raider with a Phantasm Grenade Launcher. Have it be manned by a Haemonculus and a unit of 3 Grotesques, all 4 armed with Liquifier Guns. Also the Haemonculus being onboard the Raider, means it has T6, which makes the entire triple unit blob a bit more survivable without the +1 to Insensible to Pain boost from Prophets of Flesh.

By my calculations, this means I've got 3 units, in the same spot, that confer a total of -3 LD on the enemy. A hit by a Phantasm Grenade Launcher furthers this down to -4 LD, this already pretty much puts most enemy LD at either 3 or 4 and that's without further LD reductions by casualties caused by massive Liquifier Gunshots. Now throw in the Torment Grenade Strategem and utilize Gruesome Trophies and you've got a unit that should be able to remove even the most scaryest of enemy units from the field in the blink of an eye.

I've got 2 Raiders filled with the exact same setup.

Meanwhile I've got a group of 3 Talos + 1 Cronos wrecking Havoc as a means of a "distraction Carnifex" as what's it's called I believe.

For points holding, I've got 2 Venoms filled with Hexrifle/Ossefactor Wracks taking potshots and kiting the enemy into frustration.

----

Anyway, what do you think of this tactic. Is it potentially solid or am I overlooking some crucial situations here? This is afteral, pure theorycrafting on my side. Haven't played a single game in years, but I'm meaning to start again.

----

NVM, I've just learned that even though Vehicles are open-topped and units can clearly be seen, they units "within" count as not being on the table. So a Haemonculus, which is literally ontop of the Raider, cannot buff the Raider with a +1T, nor can their combined aura affect anybody outside of the Raider.

Honestly, W40k is cool in concept, but most rules are so incredibly illogical, that I've relost my appetite to play this game.

Slave
rtynd057

The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans   The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18 2020, 15:36

Sorry, just read your edit. Nevermind
Back to top Go down

The Dark Creed - Distillers Of Fear - Leadership Shenanigans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: