THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Edit: 2k Raiding force

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Edit: 2k Raiding force Empty
PostSubject: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 21:48

2k list that I am thinking about.
It's durable, fast, fairly reliable and can play to the missions fairly well. Hopefully anyways. Haha

List EDITED

BLACK HEART patrol 540pts

Archon w/huskblade, Warlord w/cunning. Write of the living muse. (65)

5 kabalites w/ shredder, blast pistol (60)

Ravager w/ disintegrators (160)

Ravager w/ disintegrators (160)

Raider w/ disintegrator (95)

PROFITS OF FLESH patrol 840pts

Urien. WL trait soothsayer(95)
Haemonculus w/ electo whip and vexator mask. (80)

10 wracks. (120)

7 Grotesques (315)

2xTalos w/ twin haywire, marco scalple and chain flail (230)

FLAYED  SKULL patrol 620pts

Drazar (105)

5 kabalites w/shredder, blast  pistol (60)
5 kabalites w/shredder, blast pistol (60)

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ disintegrators (170)

Venom (75)
Venom (75)
Venom (75)

2000 points total
CP12
-1CP for Alliance of agony
-1CP for extra artifact
+d3 CP for soothsayer

So this list does a few things well.
It has decent durability with the PoF detachment that will help tons with objectives and board conrtol.
I have some solid close combat units  which will make pushing into my opponents territory a bit easier for me to claim more objectives and/or deny my opponent. The grots, talos, drazar and haemonculus with electro whip and vexator mask give me a solid combat base.
The wracks are good for holding objectives.

The Blackheart detachment is there to help the ravagers survive a bit longer with a 6+++ and to make them deadlier with the archon with muse near by. The extea CP regen from cunning is nice as well. And access to vect is always great if not expensive. But that is why I want so many CPs as well. I can use vect without having to worry about cp cost as much. Not having to be as cautious with managing cp is one less headache to worry about while playing.

And the flayed skull detachment is there for more accurate shooting and faster vehicles which help with board control. 19"venoms are pretty great. Blast pistols on the syberites are actually pretty good here as they have a solid threat range now. And Flayed skull ignoring cover save bonuses will probably be very important. I don't want to deal with 2+ sv marines in cover as this could be a problem for our AI. So ignoring cover is kind of great. I really want a 2nd razorwing in this list, but one will be good enough.

I have been debating on whether or not I should keep the razorwing in the flayed skull or put it in the blackheart detachment instead. Flayed skull is good for ignoring cover which is always useful. And the +1 hit fly units strat will often come up and make this guy super murdery which is great.
If I take it in black heart the fighter will be more durable with a 6+++ which may make it survive a bit longer. And therefore contribute to the battle for longer. Also the flyer is decent at blocking enemy movments. Which will be great for slowing an enemy unit or two down. Hopefully preventing them from charging, taking an objectives, keep out of range of something else important etc.

Last edited by colinsherlow on Sun Aug 02 2020, 20:35; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21 2020, 13:15

IDK if RWJF is good enough in a Kabal list, just due to the point cost. I would imagine the Ignores Cover to be the superior buff though.

Nice job putting all those blast pistols in there, I think that would be a winning strategy.

I think you are building this list around the "be places to score" secondaries, but can you confirm? I am curious what you are building toward.

Only curious thing I can see is the 7 man Grot squad. You would get more board coverage on a 5 man squad (so you can conga line them), and be less vulnerable to Blast weapons.

My $0.02 anyway

El_Jairo likes this post

Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23 2020, 23:58

I was wondering about the Shredders on the Kabal Warrior squads but I guess that your don't worry as much about their small 12" range because the Venoms will bring them in range if needed.
Blaster is not really synergistic with the rest of their load-out, yet if you do bring the Blast Pistol, why not the Blaster to pose some real threat against vehicles and the likes? But yes the Blaster is still more expensive.

Wouldn't a 10 man squad of Wracks be more able to use the Black Cornucopians Strat? You would still have 4 Object Secure units, so maybe it's enough for scoring.

Other than that I spotted a very funny typo: Profits of Flesh lol!
Which is very fitting for a Heamy Coven.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2020, 14:50

El_Jairo wrote:

Other than that I spotted a very funny typo: Profits of Flesh lol!
Which is very fitting for a Heamy Coven.

Haha! How did I not see that! I think ProFits of Flesh will be my custom coven. Or Flesh Profits

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2020, 19:19

@fisheyes
I have been playing with the RJS since it's release pretty much non stop. I have had such great luck with these babies. The firepower has always be respectable, it's been a sniper more times than I can remember and is great for blocking enemy units from certain sections of the board. And yeah flayed skull is nice for ignore cover. I expect to see a lot of marines in cover. 2+ saves are a pain.

Yeah man! I was hoping to be able to fist blast pistols in the list. I am usually a bit kore on the fence with them, but in flayed skull venoms they have a solid threat range. I'd like a blaster and a blast pistol to make them more threatening to heavier units, but points are often tight. This list was witehr each unit with a blaster or shredder and blast pistol. And shredder are pretty great. I don't regret having them at all.

The list isn't necessarily designed for those secondaries, but this list is good at it. Which is helpful. I think you have to be mindful about secondaries when writing a list.

As fornthe grots. Yes 5 grots can take more board space, but in prefer 7-8 grots for the unit to last longer. Not super worried about blast with their defenses.

@El_Jairo
Yeah I plan on making the wracks a 10 strong unit now. I like having 2x5 units, but yeah the strat is pretty great and I'd like to use it more efficiently

Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2020, 14:05

Isn't the Flayed Skull patrol illegal? I think that in 9th you can have maximum 1 transport per Infantry unit (in 8th you could have one per each other unit), and you have 2 units of 5 Warriors and Drazhar as infantry, so you have to cut one Venom or somehow add more infantry.

I'm not sure though, pretty newbie talking here.

Last edited by Denegaar on Sun Aug 02 2020, 14:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2020, 15:01

Denegaar wrote:
Isn't the Flayed Skull patrol illegal? I think that in 9th you can have maximum 1 transport per Infantry unit (in 8th you could have one per each other unit), and you have 2 units of 5 Warriors and Drazhar as infantry, so you have to cut one Venom or somehow add more infantry.

I think you are correct.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2020, 15:58

Denegaar wrote:

Yeah I caught that awhile ago. I guess I should edit that. I am just going to move 1 of the transports into the Blackheart detachment

PostSubject: Re: Edit: 2k Raiding force   Edit: 2k Raiding force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edit: 2k Raiding force
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: