THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tips for disembarking Wyches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

Tips for disembarking Wyches Empty
PostSubject: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2020, 22:40

Hi all,

So, 9th points are out, drukari didnt fare all that well, Cult probably got hammered, so naturally I am augmenting my Kabal with a Wych patrol. Red Grief. 2x5 wyches with shardnet/impailer and blast pistol, both squads in venoms, footslog succy (prob with movement drug to keep up), and 2x5 reavers with probs caltrops and heatlances. Nothing big or fancy.

Thing is, looking at the rules... Im not sure how I disembark wyches properly.

If I go first, I get close to an enemy with the venoms, only to be charged in return, and suddenly I cant disembark next turn because I need to be within 3" of the venom, but outside of engagement range of the enemy squad (and what unit wouldnt charge a venom to prevent wyches from getting out?)

If I go second, I have to move into position near the enemy, but then I have moved and cant disembark.

Am I missing something? Should I be footslogging all my wyches? Any tips for disembarking and engaging in melee? (also, given the above, any suggestions for the best combat drug selection?)
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 08:38

In the new Drukhari FAQ it says that units in an open topped transport can fire pistols when the transport is in melee range. And since Wyches all have pistols, it might be worth to play with that.

harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 10:26

Gelmir wrote:
In the new Drukhari FAQ it says that units in an open topped transport can fire pistols when the transport is in melee range. And since Wyches all have pistols, it might be worth to play with that.

I'm going to give it a go with two units of five in a Raider, with two Blast Pistols.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 10:48

albions-angel wrote:
Hi all,

So, 9th points are out, drukari didnt fare all that well, Cult probably got hammered, so naturally I am augmenting my Kabal with a Wych patrol. Red Grief. 2x5 wyches with shardnet/impailer and blast pistol, both squads in venoms, footslog succy (prob with movement drug to keep up), and 2x5 reavers with probs caltrops and heatlances. Nothing big or fancy.

Thing is, looking at the rules... Im not sure how I disembark wyches properly.

If I go first, I get close to an enemy with the venoms, only to be charged in return, and suddenly I cant disembark next turn because I need to be within 3" of the venom, but outside of engagement range of the enemy squad (and what unit wouldnt charge a venom to prevent wyches from getting out?)

If I go second, I have to move into position near the enemy, but then I have moved and cant disembark.

Am I missing something? Should I be footslogging all my wyches? Any tips for disembarking and engaging in melee? (also, given the above, any suggestions for the best combat drug selection?)

Transports are for 2 things, 1 Protection, 2 turn 1 Movement

You don't have to move the full distance straight at the opponent, you can just move 5-6" or go to a flank away from their melee units.

You only want them in the transports for as long as you don't need them to charge something. My last game i had 2 raiders with 3 units of wyches, 2 jump out turn 2, the 3rd stayed in till turn 4 b.c he could not kill it and i launched it across the side of the board to protect 2 objectives.

If you are going to a hard turn 2 assault to take things off of objectives, then turn 1 move and turn 2 get out, move, advance with Red Grief and charge.

DE is hard to play, b.c we are fragile and we have to make perfect movements or your unit will get whipped.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

El_Jairo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 11:55

harlokin wrote:
Gelmir wrote:

I'm going to give it a go with two units of five in a Raider, with two Blast Pistols.

I'd love to hear how that goes. The only problem I somewhat expect is that the vehicle explodes and the wyches don't have room to get out, and die. But since 9th probably won't see a lot of units with more than 5 models, it's kind of hard to completely surround a Raider. Plus, we might just shoot those 5 models to bits since those get blasted by not only the Raiders gun, but also 10 pistols that include up to 2 blast pistols.

Now that I think of it, Wyches in a Raider really don't seem that bad at all.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 12:55

Gelmir wrote:
harlokin wrote:
Gelmir wrote:

I'd love to hear how that goes. The only problem I somewhat expect is that the vehicle explodes and the wyches don't have room to get out, and die. But since 9th probably won't see a lot of units with more than 5 models, it's kind of hard to completely surround a Raider. Plus, we might just shoot those 5 models to bits since those get blasted by not only the Raiders gun, but also 10 pistols that include up to 2 blast pistols.

Bear in mind we've got the Emergency Disembarkation strategy now too, which makes it even more difficult to surround our transports. The days of a transport dying and everything inside being instakilled probably aren't quite over but will be considerably rarer.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 13:10

Burnage wrote:
Gelmir wrote:
harlokin wrote:
Gelmir wrote:

Bear in mind we've got the Emergency Disembarkation strategy now too, which makes it even more difficult to surround our transports. The days of a transport dying and everything inside being instakilled probably aren't quite over but will be considerably rarer.

Wait, we do?!
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 13:32

Burnage wrote:
Gelmir wrote:
harlokin wrote:
Gelmir wrote:

YES! I knew it! I just couldn't find it anymore. Where do I find that Stratagem again?

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 14:04

It should be in the core rulebook when it releases.

Tips for disembarking Wyches 517cfd07-9th-edition-stratagem-emergency-disembarkation

El_Jairo and Gelmir like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for disembarking Wyches   Tips for disembarking Wyches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for disembarking Wyches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: