THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
astorre
Hellion

Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves? Empty
PostSubject: Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves?   Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 19:07

Well my little space wolf (haha I have a wolf hybrid puppy dog that I loooove) has inspired me to my second army, Space Wolves. I wrote a Drop Pod list (I know its not the "most competetive") but this is what I came up with and wanted some feedback as writing marine lists is like reading Mandarin Chinese for me...

Rune Priest - Runic Armor, Melta Bombs, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf
Rune Priest - Boltgun, Runic Armor, Melta Bombs, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

7 Grey Hunters - Melta Gun, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod
7 Grey Hunters - Melta Gun, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod
8 Grey Hunters - Melta Gun, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod

Arjac
Terminator w/ Chainfist, Combi-Melta
Terminator w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher

6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers

The Black Hand is an underground cult of assassins who will fight as mercenaries for wealth or to further their own designs. They are dedicated to the preservation of the Eldar race, whom they believe to be the rightful heirs to the galaxies, and to the downfall of Asdrubael Vect. To the members of the Black Hand, these two aims are inexorably entwined, and to fail one is to fail them both, condemning their people to damnation.
Back to top Go down
seether
Slave

Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves?   Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 14:55

Drop the boltgun from the Second Rune Priest. You may or may not need the Runic Armor from the first priest. You're good to go as far as putting Meltas in the drop pods. The Long Fang Missile spam will get the typical eye rolling you may see when you bring 9 Venoms to the table.

This list is fairly similar to what I usually brought when I didn't feel like spamming Razorbacks or Rhinos (Thank you for not bringing those in conjunction to the Long Fangs, people would simply not play me when I brought that combo out). What I would also sometimes do would be to shave points here and there, get a Wolf Lord on a TWM (Thunderwolf Mount) and/or a Landraider packed with a full squad of Grey Hunters + Arjac (or a Wolf Priest, I know 'not competitive' but you can tell that to my unbelievable success with the army while using 'uncompetitive units) and watch the fun.
Back to top Go down

Can I get some opinions on starting Space Wolves?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: