THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army Fluff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Starr
Slave
Dark Starr

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 09:49

I'm starting a Drukhari army and want have it's fluff in keeping with Drukhari as portrayed in other fluff and novels. However, I have not read much as yet and wish to shape how my army fits into Drukhari society.
So far I've named my Archon Jebe from Mongol legend and wonder if his story of how he wounded Ghenghis Khan could be "borrowed" and used to see if it could be used as fluff on how my archon  was introduced to Drukhari society.
I am not too sure Vect would allow anyone who wounded him to be allowed to live and be killed as an example, but Vect being as cunning as he is, could use his victim to do risky (if not suicidal)  missions which the victim would probably never survive anyway.

Anyway, my Archon story would be simular to Jebe in that he would serve Vect with unswerving loyalty and eventually perform remote missions in sole command but still be under suspicion from Vect. The army would become known as Legion Noire, a name given to a damned force the French sent to raid Ireland during the Revolutionary wars which I think fits well as a name for a Drukhari Raiding party.

I plan the army to roster about 2,000 points and use mainly a small Kabal unit, backed by covens full of Wracks and Talos backed by Incubi with Venom transports(curtesy of the Kabal) with fluff on how they are either hired or seek to join the Raides for plunder.

I would like your opinion if this fits ok into the Drukhari Universe? Or would alternative fluff apply?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 20:24

You have the right of things, this would totally work.

The largest book focused on the True Kin would be the Path of the Dark Eldar trilogy. Follows a high ranking Archon as he plots to overthrow the Supreme Overlord. Not much comparison, but would help you get the tone right (but you are already on the right track)

Dark Starr likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Starr
Slave
Dark Starr

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2020, 21:00

Thank you fisheyes, I think my Archon maybe should have some hickups in his loyalty and be viewing in competition with other Archons for fame and power. I have not come up with how he has connected with the Coven to gain their assistance but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2020, 13:46

The Covens generally act as Mercinaries who get hired by Kabals. Similar to Incubi, but much less trustworthy
Back to top Go down
Dark Starr
Slave
Dark Starr

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2020, 18:19

That's the way I was leaning, that the Covens were recruited from mis-fits and outcasts or condemned. The Incubi are hired at a price which allowed them certain conditions and freedoms to practice their deadly art. Together they would put aside their differences and fight as Legion Noire.... Moving quickly and descreatly to strike hard and fast at long range, where least expected using Venom loaded with Kabal or Incubi supported by Coven Wracks, Cronos and lots of Talos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army Fluff  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Fluff    Army Fluff  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Fluff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Stories & Art; The Black Library
-