THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2020, 01:47

This is the 2000 point list I was considering for my second game of 9th edition.  We played our first game at only 1000 points with no secondary objectives, but will be adding secondary objectives to this one.  I used the Covens detachment in the first game, minus the Cronos and Drazhar, but with the Scourges.  The armies I could be up against will be non-competitive, as everyone is still just using whatever they have, but would be Necrons, Sisters, or Tau.  Drazhar, Archon, and Wyches go in the Raider.  I have a second Raider, but otherwise don't use vehicles.  Otherwise I could change up almost anything.  This is the type of list I would like to use in tournaments eventually, so am trying to make monsters, beasts, and infantry work together.

[-2CP, 1,999pts]

Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [929pts]
Selections: Ynnari Detachment

2x Razorwing flock [28pts]
3x Clawed Fiend [105pts]
3x Clawed Fiend [105pts]

Sslyth [21pts]
Sslyth [21pts]
Sslyth [21pts]

Archon [70pts]
Blast Pistol, Hungering Blade, Walker of Many Paths, Warlord

The Yncarne [290pts]

Wyches [108pts]
Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
Hekatrix w/ Blast Pistol, Power sword
6x Wyches
Wych with Shardnet and impaler

Beastmaster [45pts]
Agoniser, Splintermind (Combat Drug)

Scourges [115pts]
4x Scourge with Haywire blaster
Solarite

Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [-2CP, 1,070pts]
Selections: Prophets of Flesh

Drazhar [105pts]

Urien Rakarth [95pts]

Wracks [60pts]
Acothyst
4x Wracks

Wracks [60pts]
Acothyst
4x Wracks

Grotesques [225pts]
5x Grotesque with Monstrous Cleaver, Flesh Gauntlet

Cronos [85pts]
Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex

3x Talos [345pts]
Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel, Two Haywire Blasters

Raider [95pts]
Disintegrator cannon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 16:01

You are talking a lot about Ynnari these days @Oaka

Sorry, I dont know much about Ynnari. The last time I took an interest was when they were brand new and wrecking the meta in 7th with their double shooting Scattbikes.

Not sure if you can take Sslyth in Ynnari, you may want to double check that
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2020, 16:41

I have Ynnari on the mind because I like the Yncarne and Beasts, and they are better run as an Ynnari detachment rather than Drukhari.  I find the ability to mix and match Kabal and Wych Cult as Reborn Drukhari interesting, as well.  Having an Archon to unlock Court choices while still being able to buff Wyches is a neat interaction.  I've tinkered a little with the list based on my available models and will be using this later today, to try out the different units I am interested in and seeing what works and what doesn't.

(Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [100 PL, -2CP, 2,000pts]

Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [53 PL, 1,079pts]
Configuration
Detachment Type
Selections: Prophets of Flesh

HQ

Drazhar [6 PL, 105pts]

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 95pts]
Selections: Warlord

Troops

Wracks [5 PL, 125pts]
Acothyst
Selections: Electrocorrosive whip
9x Wracks
Selections: 9x Haemonculus Tools

Elites

Grotesques [10 PL, 225pts]
Grotesque with Monstrous Cleaver
Selections: Flesh gauntlet

Heavy Support

Cronos [4 PL, 85pts]
Cronos
Selections: Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex

Talos [18 PL, 345pts]
Talos
Selections: Chain-Flails, Macro-Scalpel
Two Haywire Blasters
Selections: 2x Haywire blaster
Talos
Two Haywire Blasters
Talos
Two Haywire Blasters

Dedicated Transport

Raider [5 PL, 99pts]
Selections: Chain Snares, Disintegrator cannon, Grisly Trophies

Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [47 PL, -2CP, 921pts]
Configuration
Detachment Type
Selections: Ynnari Detachment
Fixed Combat Drug Selections
Stratagems
Artefacts of Death [-1CP]
Stratagem: Exalted of Ynnead [-1CP]

No Force Org Slot

Beast Unit [2 PL, 48pts]
Khymerae
2x Pair of Khymerae
Selections: 2x Claws and talons

Beast Unit [2 PL, 28pts]
Razorwing Flocks
2x Razorwing flock
Selections: 2x Razor feathers

Beast Unit [10 PL, 175pts]
Clawed Fiends
5x Clawed Fiend
Selections: 5x Clawed fists

Court of the Archon [4 PL, 42pts]
Sslyth
Sslyth

HQ

Archon [4 PL, 70pts]
Selections: Blast Pistol, Hungering Blade, Huskblade, Walker of Many Paths

The Yncarne [14 PL, 290pts]
Selections: 4. Unbind Souls, 5. Shield of Ynnead

Troops

Wyches [4 PL, 108pts]
Selections: Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
Hekatrix
Selections: Blast Pistol, Power sword
6x Wych
Selections: 6x Hekatarii blade, 6x Splinter Pistol
Wych with Wych Weapon
Selections: Shardnet and impaler

Elites

Beastmaster [2 PL, 45pts]
Selections: Agoniser, Splintermind (Combat Drug)

Fast Attack

Scourges [5 PL, 115pts]
Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon
Selections: Haywire blaster
Solarite
Selections: Shardcarbine
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2020, 06:35

I came away with the victory and a whole lot of experience.  I took the 2000 points listed above against a doubles team of Necrons and Deathwatch, 1000 points each.  We played Vital Intelligence but chose not to use secondary objectives as we ease ourselves into the new edition.  At the end of turn 3 we added up victory points and I was ahead enough to not lose.  There are some neat tricks I was able to pull that I won't likely be able to do again against the same opponents.

The 10-man Wrack unit moved ahead as bait and was charged by the enemy assault elements (6 Necron Skorpekhs and a Skorpekh Lord in this case).  I would have loved to Black Cornucopian them out but they did not survive due to some really subpar 4++ rolls (I trust this won't happen too often).  The countercharge units I had of Drazhar, Archon, and Wyches were able to do a great deal of damage.  With the Archon and Wyches being Ynnari, they were then able to fight first in the next round of combat and finish the job.  Drazhar slaps and is a great candidate for the Cruel Deception stratagem.

The Cronos did nothing- it couldn't hurt anything with ranged or with melee, but I made a mistake utilizing it's aura by pairing it with my Coven units rather than the Beasts.  When the Taloi or Grotesques fought, I would use the Torturer's Craft stratagem so the Cronos ability was useless.  I will try it again and stick it with the Beasts to give them re-roll wound rolls of 1, as originally intended.  Since a reroll all failed wounds is available with the Yncarne psychic power and Inevitable Fate stratagem, the Cronos is probably not going to stay in the list.

Speaking of the Yncarne- MVP for me like others have said before, but only due to opponents' unfamiliarity with the teleport rules.  Sslyth on backfield objective gets shot to death by deepstrikers = Yncarne teleports, keeping the objective under my control and then assaulting and killing the enemy unit, then teleporting again as needed.  I basically won the game with the Yncarne keeping a couple objectives under my control.  She was good to start on the board to give all my Beasts 5++, 6+++ and morale immunity, but this really only lasts for the first turn or maybe two before you want to start playing around with her redeployment.  With the Yncarne, Black Cornucopians, and the Mandrakes I want to add to the list, there are a lot of ways to react to the situation as the game unfolds.

I hated Eradicators on paper, and now I hate them on the board.  A 3-man Deathwatch unit was able to deepstrike within melta-bonus range and take out two Taloi, and was able to kill the Cronos the next turn with shots to spare.  I thought Eradicators would have to come in from a board edge using Strategic Reserves, but they are plain nasty when they can drop anywhere outside of 9".  The guarantee of a shooting phase make these models amazing as a hard Covens counter.  The Captain and Lieutenant also deepstruck with them for all the rerolls, so maybe they're not so bad otherwise.

The Beasts behaved adequately, but not amazingly.  Khymerae have nothing to add, especially with Yncarne handing out durability, but I did like the mobility of the Razorwing Flocks and the Clawed Fiends were surprisingly resilient with 5++ and 6+++.  I think their mobility may have been a factor in getting shot at first, and their valiant sacrifice meant I finished the game with all my Grotesques and Urien untouched.  If I didn't already have some fun conversions planned for fiends, I'd just take more flocks.  12" Fly partners them up with the Beastmaster and Yncarne superbly, and -1 to hit, 5++, 6+++ wounds at 3.5 points per wound has to be one of the most efficient in the game.  

The Scourges were able to deepstrike in and kill a Ghost Ark, but don't survive long enough to be a realistic option for objective taking.  I think this is where the Mandrakes will fill the role better.  If they are allowed to Fire and Fade after arriving from reserve, I may consider them again.

The mission, Vital Intelligence, allows you to move away from objectives but still keep them claimed.  In other missions, though, it will be necessary to leave units on objectives.  This reminds me a lot of going on a crusade in the board game Risk, as you have to leave armies behind in each new territory as you slowly lose mass.  I was able to roll up one flank with Urien, Taloi, and Grotesques in this game, but will probably need to rely on 5-man Wrack units to keep on objectives as the meat of the army rolls forward.  Objective Secured is crazy important as units with high mobility probably aren't Troops choices so any late-game objective grabbing has to wipe out every Wrack model. The Sslyth worked great deployed behind obscuring terrain and within 3" of backfield objectives, only coming under threat by units in reserve.  A great use of 21 points for sure, and the aforementioned Yncarne teleport homer.

Most importantly, I forgot a lot of little bonus rules that would have really helped, and will need to make a cheat sheet as a reminder.  Things like the Power from Pain and Strength from Death hit bonuses, good stratagems to use in different situations, and small rules like Urien's melee abilities.  I trust this become more natural with more games under my belt.

Final Opinion- It was looking like I may have been tabled in five turns, but had won the game after three, so I really enjoy the new edition having less of an emphasis on killing everything and more on playing to the mission.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2020, 07:31

congrats for the win!
really interesting post regarding what you've found, i will take them into account in my next games!
Really important indeed are the objectives now! Our speed may be the point we will have to exploit in the future, or at least, more than ever.
In the context you're talking, do you think Drazhav/Incubi can do the job of MAndrakes, or MAndrakes are still that good? Without being better, can they do the same? by deepstriking and anti vehicle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning   2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Point List for Non-Competitive 9th Edition Core Rules Learning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: