THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 pts Kabal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 12:21

Greetings fellow Archons

I'd like to ask you some tips for my very first list:

Kabal of the Black Heart
HQ:
-Archon: warlord, blast pistol, huskblade, writ of the living muse

TROOPS:
5x2 Kabalite warriors

ELITE:
5 Incubi

TRANSPORT
Raider: dark lance
2x Venom double splinter cannon

I'd face mainly SM, Tyranids and Necrons and we're not so competitive nor totally casual; I'm planning to start at 500 pts then to expand adding 500 till reaching 2k.
Thank you

Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 14:12

I would change lance to desintegrator. You will not see many tanks in 500 game, also 1 lance will not destroy it. Incubi are solid, I really like them, they do their job. Thing about replacing rider to third venom. If you have pointa shreders/blasters might be good investments on Kabals. If you go blasters than lance raider starts to make sense. Just my 2 cents 😉

Klaivex
fisheyes

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 15:27

Double Splinter Cannons on the Venoms is very expensive. I would recommend dropping the second SC for the free dual splinter rifles.

I will second the Dissies over the Dark Lance. Especially vs Marines, you want those 3 shots doing flat D2.

If I were to re-build the list, I would drop the Incubi and upgrade the Raider to a 3 Dissie Ravager. Then drop the second SC on the Venoms to get a Sslyth (whos job is just to stand on objectives and occupy space, not kill stuff).

The Writ is a powerful Relic, but you need more units to leverage it (usually a few Ravagers/Reapers). Would you consider changing to Flayed Skull? It would be more help to your boats at this low point limit. That would mean you can use the standard Stabby-Archon (Djin Blade relic and Eternal Hatred WLT, give him a Blast Pistol for extra fun)
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 16:45

@Fremen fine if a unit ok warriors is on foot? By the way I don't think I'll be able to fit a blaster in
@fisheyes I could try, I've put SC and Incubi as melee solutions just to not rely totally on shooting, but actually I could give it a try. Same question as for Fremen: fine if someone will be on foot?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 16:54

It CAN be Ok, but you need to have a plan.

DE is all about making a plan before the battle, then executing it.

Honestly, I dont know how the missions will play out at 500 pts. My gut tells me that it will be very hard to score both Primary and Secondary.

Having said that, we still have some of the fastest units in the game. I see Venoms (especially 19" movement Flayed Skull Venoms) running around grabbing objectives in the mid field. You would need a unit to hold back-field, which can be warriors on foot (Sslyth do this for 21 points, which is cheaper).
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 19:11

Guess I'll need to achieve many loss to learn such finesse; btw the combo eternal hatred+djinn blade looks nasty thanks!

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 12:45

Honestly, that is a big part of playing the True Kin. When we lose, we lose HARD.

But then we retreat to the Webway, resurect the worthy warriors, and do better the next time!

My #1 piece of advice is to focus on 1 unit each turn with your whole army. Dont spread out and attack multiple things, or you will damage a lot of stuff but kill nothing.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 13:12

I agree with Fsheyes, focus fire is good idea. Think about mission and what you want to achieve and then execute it step by step.

From my experience on 9th, you can have no models in 5th round and still win a game 😉 Focus on mission, not full extermination. The points and tactics win the game now 🙂

500 pts Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts Kabal   500 pts Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 pts Kabal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: