THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transports and objectives in 9th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thieron
Slave

Transports and objectives in 9th Empty
PostSubject: Transports and objectives in 9th   Transports and objectives in 9th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2020, 11:31

In a game we came upon the following two questions:

1) I fly a venom with 5 embarked wracks into my opponents deployment zone and touch his home objective marker. For Linebreaker, I need two units inside his zone. We ruled that the transport is only one unit (no linebreaker) even though the wracks are inside. Did I rule correct?

2) My opponent moved a standard to the other side of the objective. We ruled that he claimes the objective now since my transport is no standard and the models inside don't count. Correct?

Thanks for confirming (or making this a learning experience for me Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://www.rollenspiel-loerrach.de
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Transports and objectives in 9th   Transports and objectives in 9th I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2020, 12:30

By "Standard" I assume you mean "Objective Secured" (ie is a "Troop" who takes priority on objectives over other "non-troop" units)?

1 - Correct, the troops inside the transport do not count as being "on the field" and therefor dont hold objectives, benefit from re-roll auras, etc.

2 - Correct, "ObSec" units would steal the objective from "Non-ObSec" units like transports/Talos/etc.

Hope this clears up your question.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Transports and objectives in 9th   Transports and objectives in 9th I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2020, 08:44

1 - Correct. Units in a transport count as being off the board, so don't count for anything.
2 - It depends on what the "standard" actually was. If its a single model without ObSec, then the objective is contested and neither side scores it, because you both have a single model in range of the Objective (yes, the unit onboard the transport don't count). If what they moved wa sa unit of two or more without ObSec, then they outnumber the Venom and claim the Objective. And if it was a single model or more WITH Obsec, then they claim the Objective.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transports and objectives in 9th   Transports and objectives in 9th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transports and objectives in 9th
Page 1 of 1