THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first ever army list! 1000 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

My first ever army list! 1000 pts Empty
PostSubject: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2020, 02:40

Greetings!
I would like to introduce you my first ever army list Smile
This sunday i will play my first ever game with friends, so its gonna be a fun game for learning, not a competitive one at all. So to learn as much as possible, i've done 3 detachment, one of each faction (kabal, cult and coven). I intend on spending one CP for the Alliance of Agony stratagem (thus already experimenting with 3 warlords traits) and another CP for one extra Artifact.
I would start the game with 4 CP.

Patrol Detachment 1: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

------Archon (HQ-Warlord) (Hatred Eternal) (Parasite's Kiss)
            Parasite's Kiss
            Huskblade
------1x Raider
            Disintegrator Canon
            Bladevanes
            Splinter Racks
            Grisly Trophies
            Chain Snare
------1x Sybarite
           Agoniser
           Blast Pistol
------9x Kabalites Warrior
          1x Splinter Canon
          1x Shredder
          1x Blaster
          6x Splinter Rifle
------1x Venom
          2x Splinter Canon
          1x Bladevanes
------1x Ur-Ghul
------1x Madusae
------1x Lhamaean (missing the Sslyth but it is sold out everywhere Sad )

Patrol Detachment 2: Coven of the Prohets of Flesh

------Haemonculus (HQ) (Master Artisan) (The Vexator Mask)
          1x Stinger Pistol
          1x Electrocorosive Whip
------1x Accothyst
          1x Electrocorosive Whip
          1x Liquifier Gun
------4x Wracks
          1x Ossefactor
          4x Haemonculus Tools
------1x Talos
          2x Macro Scalpel
          2x Heat Lance

Patrol Detachment 3: Cult of Red Grief

------Succubus (HQ) (Quicksilver Fighter)
          Archite Glaive
          Agonizer
------1x Hekatrix
          1x Splinter Pistol
          1x Agonizer
------4x Wyches
          1x Hydra Gauntlet
          3x Hekatari Blade
          3x Splinter Pistol
          5x Plasma Grenade
------1x Champion of Arena
          1x Splinter Pistol
          1x Agonizer
          1x Splinter Rifle
          1x Bladevanes
------5x Reavers
          1x Blaster
          1x Heat Lance
          3x Splinter Rifle
          5x Splinter Pistol
          1x Grav Talon
          1x Cluster Caltrops
          5x Bladevanes

I would like to know your Tought about this one, not on a competitive side, but some hints are never refused Wink
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2020, 10:10

First of all, hope you had fun assembling and painting all the stuff. That's what its worth about the hobby.

Now to my opinions to the list. It's fine that you go all three subfactions, that way you get a glimpse to how they work, but in general I thiny you are adding to much stuff to your models that they come a little overpriced. Without touching much the list, I would make those changes:

Kabal of the Flayed Skull

- Archon with Blast Pistol and Huskblade
- 5 Kabalites with Blast Pistol and Blaster (into Venom)
- 5 Kabalites with Blast Pistol and Blaster (into Venom)
- Venom with Cannon and Twin Splinter Rifle
- Venom with Cannon and Twin Splinter Rifle
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon

Prophets of Flesh

- Haemonculous with Hexrifle
- Wracks (a couple of weapons here if you want)
- Talos (Haywire, Heat Lances, Scalpel and Chain Flails are all good)

Red Grief

- Succubus (Archite Blade)
- Wyches with Blast Pistol and a weapon of choice (Shardnet is nice)
- 6 Reavers (Blaster or Heat Lance are fine)

With the changes the list will be more efficient (IMO) and easier to use and to learn.

Objectives are pretty important in this edition, so I would add more PoF Wracks (as they are pretty good at holding objectives and able to teleport with Black Cornucopians (PoF Stratagem).

Also think that if you play a Matched Game with 1000 pts you can't bring 3 detachments, 2 is max. So if you want o play more seriously go up to 1500 so you can use your Alliance of Agony with its full value.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2020, 13:15

Thanks for the reply!
the game happened yesterday and it was a complete wreck....but i was expecting it....after all i was here for learning for my first ever game.....and learn i did!!.....a lot!
We were playing a 3 players game, my partner and me against 1 player, but 2000pts each side (1000 pts for my army.....thus why i've made 3 detachment, but you are right, i'm not sure i coud have done it......anyway it was a huge mistake).
My list was way too: i want to try everything but dont want to focus on anything.....so everything was meh at the best.
My partner had a team of Imperial knight consisting of one titan and 3 other lesser giant....dont remember their name.....and we were facing a player using Admech.....i had a hard time against them with my poison weapon as a lot of things were vehicle.
I've managed to score some victory points, but no big deal there.

Now i'm done on the ''cute learning army list'' and now i'm going in for the real deal!
My next list will be 1500 pts, more focused with a goal in mind.....i'll post it here for some feedback! they're aleays much appreciated Smile
Already i have the intention on using more Raiders filled with Kabalite Warriors and some Ravagers to support them, all while keeping a Coven detachment in the back to capture and secure the objectives in my zone.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 13:49

Personally I use a house-rule that allows me to always be able to take 3 detatchments. DE kinda need it.

I think your CP calculation is not fully correct:
+8CP (battleforged) -2CP (Patrol #2) -2CP (Patrol #3) +4CP (Realspace Raiders) -1CP (Alliance of Agony) -1CP (Relic) = 6CP

The advice of @Denegaar looks good, I would listen to him.

The Parasite Kiss relic is kinda "meh". Many of our relics are quite strong (Djin Blade for the Archon comes to mind), I would prioritize them unless you have fluff reasons.

The Coven part of our army is generally the strongest of the 3, I would recomend putting more points into them. The general rule of thumb is "Boys over Toys" (with the exception of Blast Pistols, which are nearly auto-include).

What secondaries did you chose? That has a MASSIVE impact on the game.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 15:18

+8 CP? i thought that playing a game of 2000pts we had 12pts (divided in two for 6)....but i may be wrong Wink

My thinking for the Parasite Kiss was really to just give it a try, it wasnt bad, but i think you are right, i can find better equipment! Djin blade you recommend it? i wasnt sure at first when reading it.....the little flaw in it what was kept me from using it.....i'll give it a try next game!

I really LOVE the coven side, especially the Talos unit! Next list i'll try to give it a little more love, and not do a drukhari soup.

Blast Pistol, would you include them over EVERY stinger pistol you can change, or its more relative to the situation?

As for the secondary objectives, as we were facing admech with a lot of vehicle, we chose the Bring it Down (destroy vehicles scores points), thin the ranks (destroy as many units as you can) and the secondary objective linked to the mission: raze the objective.

Our opponent had to leave earlier, so we werent able to finish the game. He had the upper hand for the first 2 turns, but my ally knights were about to lock the entire army of the opponent in combat as he was now all gathered in one single spot, so maybe we would have turned the table for the last 3 turns.....but we will never know!

All around i really enjoyed my first experience! i learned really a lot (and i'll continue to learn by reading your much appreciated comments) and i already can't wait for my next game! Should be around the September 13! I'll post my next army list here, as i have 2 ideas i'd like to try.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 14:28

8CP for 1000 pt game, 12CP for 2000 pt game. Looks like you are doing some house-rule stuff, so you-do-you buddy.

The Djin Blade pairs well with Eternal Hatred so that those S4 attacks are re-rolling to hit (2+WS re-rolling 1s) and to wound (Eternal Hatred). Extra points for a Blast Pistol (also re-rolling everything for the same reasons).

Blast Pistols always start in my lists, then get cut as you need to balance the points.

Bring It Down is a great secondary, but I would recomend looking into Engage On All Fronts or Behind Enemy Lines. The more competitive players go with All Fronts, but against my oponents I generally go with Enemy Lines. Make sure you are not taking 2 Secondaries from the same group, you can only take 1 per group (ie you cant go with both Behind Lines and All Fronts, they are from the same group)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 15:08

ho ok i get it for the CP points! My mistake was that we we're playing a 3 players games (2 vs 1).
The lonely players had an army of 2000 pts.
Our thinking was to take the 2000 pts for us and split it in 2 and do the same for the CP.
Our mistake Wink i'll let know my friends! thanks for the input.

The blast pistol i wasnt sure for the Wyches units as they are supposed to be in the face of the enemy, so the blast ruling was stopping me from using it. But when there is a vehicle or something bigger than infantry, indeed i was missing the stats of the Blast Pistol.....next time i won't be afraid to use it!!

My next game will be more classic (1 vs 1) so choosing the secondary objectives will be easier, as they will all fit my game play.....last game i was teaming with an Imperial Knight player.....so destroying stuff was is main goal Wink
Good to know that we cant pick two secondary objectives from the same group!
As usual, your comments are all really helpful in my learning of this game Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 18:20

Fun Fact: the Blast Pistol is not a Blast weapon. It 100% can shoot while engaged in CC.

I understand why you may think that though. English, AMIRITE?
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2020, 12:47

Incursion (from 501 up to 1000 pts) are 6 CP to start with. If you go to 1500 pts, you already start with 12 CP and can bring the 3 detachments.

Blast pistols for 5pts go into all my Hekatrixes and Sybarites ever. It's one of the point changes that benefits us... maybe the only one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first ever army list! 1000 pts   My first ever army list! 1000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first ever army list! 1000 pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: