THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poison Tongue in 9th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Poison Tongue in 9th Empty
PostSubject: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 15:49

Simply put, do you think there's a place for Poison Tongue in 9th?

Towards the end of 8th, I'd largely switched to using Flayed Skull, due to the extra speed and Ignores Cover. And even now I imagine that I'll be using it for any army where I'm not using 2-3 different DE detachments.

However, when I include multiple DE detachments, I tend to want all my transports (Venoms especially) to be Dark Technomancer ones. In this instance, with a Coven detachment providing for all my transport needs, I wondered whether Poison Tongue might actually be a more reasonable choice for my Kabal detachment(s), since Black Heart and Flayed Skull seem better suited to more vehicle-heavy detachments.

Or is Poison Tongue just not worth considering even when the others are handicapped in this way? Razz

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 17:07

I don't know. If you deploy your 3 ravagers first, then redeploy them with the poison tongue stratagem, you can put them in a good spot to do damage.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 20:37

I vote no. If you're running a Kabal detachment you basically want to be running Black Heart right now.

DT does firepower better in general, though.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 07:58

I vote no too, not for Ravagers almost (which I keep in reserves usually).
But a friend was thinking about 3 redeploy Raiders full of melee guys.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 14:07

I dont think poison is so strong that we would want to run Warriors on foot.

The oportunity cost seems to be too great. I would rather take a DT Coven patrol (for the transports) and a PoF Coven patrol (for that sweet 4++).

BH already re-rolls 1's to wound, but for EVERYTHING within 6" of the Writ (instead of just poison).

What do you see PT bringing to the table that you can leverage in the 9th? Just dont see it helping with Primaries/Secondaries or with damage output

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 15:28

fisheyes wrote:
I dont think poison is so strong that we would want to run Warriors on foot.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I was just thinking for when their transports become smoking craters.

In fact, if they're riding in DT Venoms, they might well become smoking craters without my opponent even needing to shoot them. Wink

fisheyes wrote:

The oportunity cost seems to be too great. I would rather take a DT Coven patrol (for the transports) and a PoF Coven patrol (for that sweet 4++).

BH already re-rolls 1's to wound, but for EVERYTHING within 6" of the Writ (instead of just poison).

What do you see PT bringing to the table that you can leverage in the 9th? Just dont see it helping with Primaries/Secondaries or with damage output

They do get the redeploy stratagem, but honestly I rarely ever used it in 8th. Usually, if I wanted to redeploy anything, it was the stuff that wasn't Poison Tongue. Razz

Other than that, they've got . . . er . . . slightly better melee? Clearly the faction for Sslyth. And, uh, they've got the Soul Seeker, which I'm sure will come into its own any time now. What else? Oh, right, they've got their Warlord Trait . . . actually, let's just not talk about their Warlord Trait.

In all seriousness, I think you're probably right. I guess I was hoping that there might be a legitimate tactical reason to take my favourite faction, but it seems not. Sad

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 18:18

Now if we could re-deploy a clutch of Taloi or a brood of Grotesques, THAT may be worthwhile. Still dont think it would be worth giving up the 4++/DT though.

Interesting thought though, TY for making us think on a new angle Wink
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 19:54

fisheyes wrote:
Now if we could re-deploy a clutch of Taloi or a brood of Grotesques, THAT may be worthwhile. Still dont think it would be worth giving up the 4++/DT though.

Well, you could redeploy a poisoned tongue raider full of grots.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2020, 20:25

dumpeal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Well, you could redeploy a poisoned tongue raider full of grots.

That's an interesting point, actually.

And now I'm imaging an army where the DT Coven units are all riding in PT Kabal transports, and the PT Kabal units are all riding in DT Coven transports. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison Tongue in 9th   Poison Tongue in 9th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison Tongue in 9th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: