THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque Support

Go down 
+9
Gelmir
Denegaar
Burnage
Kalmah
dumpeal
lament.config
fisheyes
Cerve
SERAFF
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Grotesque Support - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 13:05

Ah, my mistake. TY for the correction @lament.config

How many Grots are you guys running in your lists? Right now I am at around 15 Grots in my Coven heavy list, and it feels about right.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 13:52

I've stopped using Urien all together, Vex mask is 100% number 1 relic with PoF without questions. I also take a 2nd Haemonculus and normally give it Helm of Spite.

Vex Mask is just so good its not even funny. It completely changes how your opponent plays.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 14:40

lol fisheyes i just bought my 5th Grotesque from GW sites.....i'm far behind!
but that really piss me off that for 30$ you only get one model when the minimum size of a unit is 3.....
And i don't want to spend like 300$ for another 10 models when my little finger is telling me that in the next year they will probably release a new plastic model......so for now i play with only 5 Sad
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 14:46

You really should convert Grotesques instead of buying multiple copies of the same model, bits from the Talos kit combine perfectly with things like Crypt Flayers or Rat Ogres to give far cheaper (and more variable) options.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:00

far cheaper?......Rat Ogres are 50$ for two models that would fit, so no true gain here and the Crypt Flayers are 60$ for 3....a little bit more gain here....but still needs to have the Talos kit (65$)....so i don't know where you are saving a lot by doing so (i mean....i don't have those models except for the Talos).
But for variable purpose, i gotta give you that Wink
The price are Canadians.....i don't know if UK site have cheaper prices....
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:22

Grotesques aren't actually that large, so you could find cheaper alternatives.  After building up several different ideas, I settled on Orruk Brutes, but Wulfen were a very close second.

Grotesque Support - Page 2 Size_c10
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:28

the Orks indeed seems to give a good base, and the brutes for 65$ give you access to 5 bodies, almost just put the face of a Talos on it and here we go! My wallet likes it!
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:36

3 Crypt Horrors are 40€ here in EU, with the spare bits from a Talos/Crono box (masks, gauntlets, scalpels...), you can build 3. I'd swear the base is the same too.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:50

Do any of you put Grots in a Raider and, if so, how has it worked?  My footslogging Coven are getting shot to pieces by Deathwatch Intercessors with their 2+ wounding bolters and rerolls everywhere, so I need to push them with vehicles containing some meaty cargo.  Wracks can't take on Intercessors in melee, I've learned, but 5 Grotesques should be able to do some damage (probably 4 and a couple Ur-Ghul because I don't want to lose a Grot in a crash and an ignored Ur-Ghul can deploy some scramblers).

Last edited by Oaka on Thu Sep 24 2020, 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 15:52

Denegaar wrote:
3 Crypt Horrors are 40€ here in EU, with the spare bits from a Talos/Crono box (masks, gauntlets, scalpels...), you can build 3. I'd swear the base is the same too.

Crypt Flayer base is a bit bigger - 50mm versus 40mm for Grotesques. It's not uncommon for me to find boxes of Flayers for about £20 in various places over here, so it feels like a (relatively) very cheap option to me.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 16:12

Yeah for sure convert them, i like either Crypt Horrors or Ogres

Grotesque Support - Page 2 A8NO2Mf

Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 16:50

Burnage wrote:
Denegaar wrote:

Crypt Flayer base is a bit bigger - 50mm versus 40mm for Grotesques. It's not uncommon for me to find boxes of Flayers for about £20 in various places over here, so it feels like a (relatively) very cheap option to me.

Oh didn't know about the difference in size! Are my Grots illegal to play in a matched game then? :O Not that I care, but maybe someone else does.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 17:28

The origional 3ed edition Grots were the size of the current Wracks. I would not be too worried about it.

I will second the conversion method for Grots. So many good ideas out there. Nobody has mentioned Bullgryn yet, which are another good base for adding Talos bits to create your flesh-monsters.

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 08:57

I converted mine from Crypt Horrors, and gave them "Monstrous Cleavers" that refer to some other nerd-doms. Bonus points for who recognizes them.

Grotesque Support - Page 2 Dsc_0116

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 09:02

I believe the 1st is Asteroth from Soul Calibur and the 3rd is Pyramidhead from Silent Hill.

Dunno on the 2nd...maybe a later iteration of the Jason Voorhees machete?
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 13:02

Sorry, all wrong.
Stormbreaker - Thor's weapon in the Marvel movies.
Kubikiribōchō - Zabuza's sword in Naruto.
Buster Sword - Cloud's sword in Final Fantasy VII.

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 14:10

Huh. I forgot Thor had an axe...those movies all blur together.

Buster sword crossed my mind but I did not recognize all the holes in it. Final Fantasy VII remake version, apparently. I've only ever seen the classic Buster Sword (never played any of those games).

🤷‍�
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 14:39

I got them all, but the Buster Sword doesn't have that many holes, its only 2.

Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 14:51

These models have also just been made available, today I think. No conversions necessary.  

https://artelw.com/Flesh-Golems-of-Voidborn-Ancients-p238880601

Grotesque Support - Page 2 1678208210

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 15:16

Oh those are very nice.

I particularly like the 'mouth with hidden eyes look'. Creepier than the current masks IMO.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 17:43

GW really crap the bed with the current Grotesque models. But it inspired me to start converting, so I guess I should be thankful?

Wow, those are perfect Grots @Oaka
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 18:11

The Haemonculi stand-ins look really nice as well, actually.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Support   Grotesque Support - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque Support
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2