THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Boogey Men of 9th

Go down 
+5
Cerve
fisheyes
sekac
Soulless Samurai
UmJamLam
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 14:03

fisheyes wrote:
Played a few games against Necrons last weekend (with my Guard army), and WOW do the Necrons have some new tricks. Main <Dynasty> for them will be the Custom one where they get Obsec on everything (troops count as double models) and a free before-game move (after they see who gets first/second turn).

The Nightbringer deletes squads, doesnt matter if they are Bullgryn or blobs of infantry. The pre-game move really helps this thing control the mid-board. Luckily Guard can bring a few Primaris Psykers to smite the beast, dont think DE have enough tools to deal with this guy starting 8" into the midfield...

C'tan never benefit from the Dynastic Codes, so fortunately don't get that pre-game move or ObSec.

One of the strange takeaways from the new codex- The Silent King is a vehicle and can be haywired, unlike the Invader ATV which is not a vehicle. scratch
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2020, 13:07

I wouldent bet too much that Marines get a nerf with this Codex. Seems more of a side-grade where the power units have shifted.

TY @Oaka, didnt pay attention to the pre-game move on the C'Tan, just assumed it moved because it was always right where I didnt want it Razz We did play that it didnt get ObSec (not that it matters much when it can Heroically Intervene and kill 10+ Infantry models in a CC phase)
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 05:27

I played against the FAQed Deathwatch today and that special issue ammo can be taken off the boogey men list- I steamrolled him. There is a huge difference between wounding Grots/Taloi on a 2+ with all bolt weapons to now a 4+ with a limited list of them.

Bad news, he's going to start using a librarian now for null zone.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 08:45

We can dish wounds on movement phase, shooting phase, psychic phase, charge phase and melee phase.

Movement Phase- Eviscerating Fly-By, Voidraven bomb
Shooting Phase: everything that shoot
Psychic Phase: Yvraine and Yncarne
Charge Phase: GravTalons, Slashing Impact, Dark Harvest
Melee Phase: everything that fight

The only thing the Nightbringer is strong against is an heavy PoF list. Which is weak itself in 9th, and suffer a lot of 9th lists.
As always, we just need to change the list.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2020, 23:43

I fought against the Nightbringer for the first time on Christmas Day and was able to kill it on turn 2. Unfortunately it was all due to my craftworld allies, no actual dark eldar were involved. D-cannon platform did 3 wounds on turn 1, Nightbringer then charged a Wraithknight and the knight did 3 more wounds on turn 2. In my turn, the Wraithknight fell back, D-cannon did another 3 wounds in shooting, and the knight finished him off in combat. It was the first time using Nightbringer for my opponent so he certainly wasn't used optimally- he went after the wrong unit in the Wraithknight when I had lots of PoF Coven on the board as well. We were both curious to see just how much damage the Nightbringer could do in one go on a single model but it only caused 11 wounds total with C'tan powers and melee.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2021, 17:07

I would double check that you are using the Nightbringer correctly. The 2-3 powers he casts every turn should be doing a good few MW to your dudes before he gets in, then he hits you 6 times and ignores saves doing D6 damage.

Really hate that he can swap out his 6 attacks for 12 smaller attacks, so it is hard to tie him up with guardsmen (he can still fall back/move with Fly, so very hard to do).

I will admit that it isnt as bad as my knee-jerk reaction when it first came out. Still think its a hard counter to pure Dark Eldar and Tau.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 08:15

Hey! Im playing admech now mostly, while Drukhari are being second army, waiting for good codex. Hope it will be good enough soon.

What is your approach to destroying admech biggest threats? (shooty kastellan robots, kataphrons, robochickens etc.)

Did you have any troubles with heavy shooting admech lists?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 13:05

Like most shooting lists, the trick will be movement management to try and deny good firing lanes for the heavy hitters. I know the robots need to stand still to get their full shooting, but not so sure about the chickens.

Right now we don't have great anti tank units, the general strategy is to tie them up with things they don't really want to shoot (like transports or coven)

With the new codex we should get damage 3+D3 on our dark Lance's, but we will need to wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boogey Men of 9th   Boogey Men of 9th - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boogey Men of 9th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-