THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  Empty
PostSubject: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 02:17

I've been kicking the idea of playing an Alliance of Agony list for its and shiggles in an upcoming campaign. I played more than a fair share of my games in 9th using a pure Coven list with a few games of Coven primary with a smattering of Kabal.

Prepping for an upcoming episode of Splintermind on this topic, I've REALLY struggled to come up with lists that I can't pick apart from the word "go" at 1,500pts or less. I haven't been able to play any games with it since the points adjustments with COVID in California and being evacuated from fires. (My place made it, collection in tact) Even so, I still haven't made a list that looks viable and not like I'm dying on Fluff Bunny Hill for the sake of doing it.

Rather than post any of these lists, I thought I put it out there and see if any Archons here have had success with running an Alliance of Agony post 9th Edition points hosing.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 12:31

Evil Space Elves wrote:
I've been kicking the idea of playing an Alliance of Agony list for its and shiggles in an upcoming campaign. I played more than a fair share of my games in 9th using a pure Coven list with a few games of Coven primary with a smattering of Kabal.

Prepping for an upcoming episode of Splintermind on this topic, I've REALLY struggled to come up with lists that I can't pick apart from the word "go" at 1,500pts or less. I haven't been able to play any games with it since the points adjustments with COVID in California and being evacuated from fires. (My place made it, collection in tact) Even so, I still haven't made a list that looks viable and not like I'm dying on Fluff Bunny Hill for the sake of doing it.

Rather than post any of these lists, I thought I put it out there and see if any Archons here have had success with running an Alliance of Agony post 9th Edition points hosing.

First, so glad to hear that your house (and family?) is all safe and sound! This is really no laughing matter what happens in your state! Keep the faith and our thought are with you!

I'm new to the game, so i'm not the best source if you're looking for competitive lists, but i'm trying as of late to figure out a list that will use Cults as i see that nobody plays with them, and frankly, in the few games i've played, i had a lot of fun playing with them! Especially the Reavers did a lot of good job for me. If you can find something, i would be much interested to see what a list like you intend to do will look like! (i'm feeding on every information i can get!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 13:43

check out Skari's "skaredcast" you tube channel.

He's playing a very interesting Alliance of Agony list at 2000 points. Shouldn't be impossible to retrofit back down to 1500.

He includes just an archon and a kabalite warrior squad as his Kabal portion. So heavily coven still, but includes some wych cult units.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 14:05

Im by no means a "Tournament" player, but my own arrogant conceit makes me believe I can be "Competitive"

The list I have been toying around is roughly a DT Coven, PoF Coven, and a Flayed Skull Kabal (I like 19" movement Venoms more than AoV).

The trick seems to be to minimize the Bring It Down VPs for the enemy, while maintaining the firepower/mobility to score and hold objectives/table quarters.

Going heavy on the Grots is probably a good idea, with some cheap Archon Court models to zone out the back-field.

Thats my $0.02 anyway
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 17:32

Yeah used it a lot.

These are 2k lists as I only play 1k or 2k for now. Though I am pushing to never play 1k again and instead go 1250 or 2k (1k board size is literally the stupidest board size ever).

List one:

Or I'll go

List 2:

Going off memory so points might not add up, but you get the idea. I always give up vehicle/MC kills so i lean more into it and have less over off model count and try to get them to take kill more so they can not score it.

I have also swapped out the Reavers for a BM and 2x3 birds, it works great too, but the Reavers just play a different role completely.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2020, 14:26

I honestly feel like including Cult just for the extra WLT is a trap.

Just getting Eternal Hatred on an Archon with Blast Pistol and a PoF Haemi for Soothsayer is usually enough for me.

The Cult WLT just dont seem good enough to pay for Wyches over Wracks. Always need more Wracks sitting on objectives, rarely wish I had more Wyches in a list.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2020, 15:28

A Succubus with 2 Drugs as Red Grief and relic can do work though. Also a Shardnet 3++ Succubus can lock down many units for a turn or even 2 if you get a good role and a RR save.

I'm fine with AoA if you are building for it.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?    Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance of Agony in 1,500pt games? Are you making it work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: