THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hexrifle for Wracks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Hexrifle for Wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 15:16

I was wondering if the Hexrifle is a good option for Wracks....the heavy weapon on infantry is what stops me from adding it.....is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 17:20

Absolutely worth it.

1.) In any coven the ability to fire and fade should not be ignored.

2.) In dark technomancers a sniper rifle that wounds on 3+ or 4+ for 2 damage and mortal wounds on 5+ can be clutch.

Number 1 is more important though.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 18:31

thanks for your reply! really helpful Smile
I find the weapon really good looking but wasnt sure of its efficiency.....i'll give it a try!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 18:41

Played them for the first time in a DT patrol last weekend. Whiffed every shot. Should have spent those turns Raising Banners instead

I would put more value in the Ossifactor, since its Assault and you can advance, then Fire and Fade them into position.

5 points wont make or break the bank, but I would prioritize Blast Pistols over the Hexrifle.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 19:01

I've already tried the ossefactor and had a blast with it!
Good point about the assault, knowing that the rest of the unit will be more or less in CC, advancing is a must as they are not that quick.
The good thing about playing kitchen table is that ''trying'' some new stuff is rarely wrong Wink
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 19:42

Its good if you want to FnF, also in DT its good. But make sure to put the Rifles on Haemonculus first as its more important for them, and make sure your PoF Haemonculus with the Vex mask has a Rifle too for FnF to make something fight last (if you are taking Grots/Talos for melee bombs, or large Incubi units)

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 19:42

and btw, following your recommendations fisheyes, last game i played i followed your recommendation about the blast pistols, and indeed.......i had a BLAST!! They almost always succeed! For sure i will keep on that way for my future games! Smile a big thanks to you!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 19:47

amishprn86 excellent point! totally forgot that Haemonculus can choose the hexrifle! Smile i think it would fit best with him than Wracks as the BS is lower and is not surrounded with a unit that MUST go in CC (at the least, you can choose the friends surrounding the Haemonculus vs the Wracks) Smile
Always a joy to read your comments and suggestions Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 13:03

Lol, the Blast Pistols are a fickle mistress. Now that they have you hooked, you next game will miss every shot Wink

But when they work, OH BOY do they work. Nothing like unloading 6 damage on a big monster/tank from a squad sergeant
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 13:24

Well its about time we are not a more costly gun for a worst gun. It should have been 5pts for a couple years.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
ferrusmanus
Hellion
ferrusmanus

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 16:22

i personally have some success with liquifier gun an dt
i know is a sucidal attack for wrack but a raider with 2 squad of wrack and 4 liquifier gun..can move..run (with stratagem 8 inc), fire and fade, and be in any point of the table and then shoot 4d6 of hits to important targers.
next round the enemy need to manage this thread ..are 80x2 and 90 point investment a total of 250 point..but a fantasy use of troop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 16:35

lol so many stuff i need to try!!! and that's a good problem! Because from what i read, you are not really wrong if you try a weapon, it just needs to have the proper support (stratagems, obsession, auras etc...).
I think this is what makes good games!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hexrifle for Wracks?   Hexrifle for Wracks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hexrifle for Wracks?
Page 1 of 1