THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Triple Kabal with Yncarne

Go down 
+7
Oaka
Scorpion
fisheyes
Cerve
Swordxart
Silverglade
Dalamar
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2020, 08:25

Thank you kindly for the replies.
I played vs GSC yesterday and he conceded turn 2. He had a lot of units in deep strike but couldn't get them in because I was spread all over the board and had all of the objectives. Another strength of MSU and manoeuvrability. What he started with on the board was almost all gone. The Yncarne didn't even came in the game. My opponent is usually playing very well. I can't say why he didn't see it coming.

If I switch to Cult I lose a lot I think. I like the list but it needs more playtesting, specially vs marines and new necrons. The list might struggle vs Necrons especially vs the new C'tans. Only 3 wounds pr phase can be hard to get through.
I have the bomber ( might give 2 wounds), psychic phase (maybe 1 or 2 wounds if the opponent doesn't deny the one power I have) shooting: poison (should be able to give it 3 wounds) and lastly combat (the 3 last?)
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2020, 16:33

Glad to hear you reveling in your win. Just something to keep in mind, GSC and Tau are currently considered the worst armies in the game. Dont get complacent, because if you use the same tactics against Marines they will remind you your army is made out of wet paper towel Wink

I think you have the C'Tan strategy about right. I would recommend you try to get in 3 wounds on Turn 1 (shooting phase), then go all in on Turn 2. It will heal back up to 7 wounds on its turn, but your less likely to fall victim to a bad Bomber/Psykic roll.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 12:09

wet paper towel would actually be an upgrade! Razz

I would love to play vs marines. I have a game vs Deathwatch next time. Anything particular I need to know? I haven't played against them before.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 13:03

My research on the current Marine Meta has not yet extended to Deathwatch, so cant really help you out. I believe they get a lot of buffs against Xeno factions (like us), so playing around the Obscuring LOS terrain will be even more important.

You should try to get a copy of their Strats and WLTs so that you can begin to guess what they can do. Nothing worse than trying to move-block an enemy unit, only to discover it can Heroically Intervene 6" and is now punching you in the face XD

From what I have read about Marines, look out for:

-Re-deploy Strats/WLTs
-Pre-game moves
-Heroic Intervention + Long Pile-In/Consolidates
-Double attacks in CC (including double Pile-In/Consolidate)
-Advance + Charge
-Crazy Re-rolls
-Eradicators

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself can help with a better list.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 13:14

Vets and eradicators are basically auto included now. ATV's unit with an Apoth is also very strong and might be popular after the faq (many are waiting for the faq as it is that strong).

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 13:39

ok. craziness with a cherry on the top. THankfully the game is not before next Wednesday so I have some time to prepare.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 13:59

My marine opponent plays Deathwatch, and they lost all their stratagems and had their special issue ammo nerfed with the FAQ that is in use until the supplement comes out next month.  Old marines still have the special ammo but none of the Primaris units do anymore.

The biggest trick they currently have is that they can build kill teams of mixed models as troops choices and then combat squad them.  This means they can have ObSec eradicators or outriders, the latter can also be in 5-man units rather than the limit of 3 on the regular datasheet.  Eradicators are notorious for being able to destroy a single unit worth more points than themselves in one round of shooting, but other than the voidraven you don't have any units at 120 points so I think you're built well against their efficiency.

With so much splinter fire in your list, I think you actually come out well against Primaris because you ignore their toughness 5. A lot of complaints about the ATV are that it isn't a vehicle, but that actually helps against poison. I'd check the math though to see just how many splinter shots you need to kill a 3-wound eradicator, 4-wound outrider, or 8-wound invader.

I haven't played against them yet, but I've heard that dreadnoughts are in a real good spot with the new marine codex. I think those could be a tough thing for you to deal with.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 15:21

DW IMO is stupidly strong, they can do builds literally no other marines can do, they can have 5 man ObSec Outriders for example, Illuminators with lots of bonus rules up to 4mans, etc...

The best player I know, a good friend, and the owner of our local (She owned a game store and has been playing for over 25yrs, even plays at GT levels) is playing DW b.c of their complexity.

Even she is in awe at what they can do. But its going to take a long time (and the supplement might change things) to find the right balance.

I know you said some of this, but man, after talking to her and reading them myself, they have the highest potential to dominate the tables. Its just, is that potential and how it is build going to work well with each other or is there going to be a major flaw the limits their power level. This will take some time to tell.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2020, 18:06

Scorpion wrote:
Thanks for the advice but I like having 4 elites. It gives me the MSU playstyle that allows more options for the yncarne to intervene with.
Black heart (vect) is very nice to have but I need more games to make up my mind as in the last two games I didn’t miss it. Next game is wednesday.
An Update Will follow.

Just FYI, battalions can take 6 elite choices. I'm not saying you necessarily need to change it to one battalion, but if you're considering it, a lack of elite slots is a non-issue.

The real problem is you can't put Yncarne and Drazhar in the same detachment, even if it remains a Drukhari (and not Ynnari) detachment.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2020, 15:41

Right.... My local club is locking down due to this corona crap... again. So all our games are postpone until further notice. I am so sick of this! But this is a hobby site and not a political one so I will keep my opinion to my self.
But that means that I will need to wait a bit until I get more games. Maybe I am lucky to get some games private. I will update with any new expririences with the list.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2020, 20:27

Scorpion wrote:
Right.... My local club is locking down due to this corona crap... again.
Cant be too careful when you only have a 99.998% chance of survival IF you get it.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2020, 22:56

Skulnbonz wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Right.... My local club is locking down due to this corona crap... again.
Cant be too careful when you only have a 99.998% chance of survival IF you get it.

Please leave that for somewhere else.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2020, 11:54

amishprn86 wrote:

Please leave that for somewhere else.
yeah, tried to delete it after posting it but it would not let me for some reason.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2020, 13:28

TY for keeping things civil guys.

Glad to see us torture elves are more polite than 99% of the internet Razz
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2020, 23:15

Get a chance to try the ycarne a few timea? What do you think?

PostSubject: Re: Triple Kabal with Yncarne   Triple Kabal with Yncarne - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triple Kabal with Yncarne
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2