THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1k new/old player returning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SirSpirit
Slave
SirSpirit

1k new/old player returning  Empty
PostSubject: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 16:00

Hey guys,
I am a old player returning to the game. The last edition i played was the 5th one and many things changed since then.
I have already read a lot of changes and rules and I want to create a solid shooty 1k list to begin with.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP [51 PL; 6CP; 1000 Pts] ++

++ Battle Size: Incursion [6CP] ++

++ Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart ++

++ HQ ++

+ Archon: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Writ of the Living Muse [WARLORD] 70 Pts

++ Troops ++

+ 3 x Kabalite Warriors: 3x Kabalite Warriors, Kabalite Warrior w/ Blaster, Sybarite 60 Pts each squad

++ Elite ++

+ Ur-Ghul  16 Pts

++ Heavy Support ++

+ 2x Ravager: 3 Disintegrator Cannons, Chain Snares (had 4 Pts left) 162 Pts each

++ Flyer ++

+ Voidraven: 2 Dark Scyhs, Voidraven Missiles 185 Pts each

++ Dedeicated Transports ++

+ 3x Venom: Splinter Cannon, Twin Rifles 75 Pts each

+++ Created with BattleScribe +++

My Idea: I wanted to created a shooty and highly mobile army list and with the gun boats and the flyer as the main gun line. The Ur-Ghul is there to hold Backfield Objectives/perform actions. The Warriors and Venoms are their to support the heavy fire power, take objectives/secondaries. I feel like this list is too fragile for this edition and bleeds secondaries due to the number of vehicles. A alternative list would be A DT Coven list with Warcks, Grotesques and two FrodgeWorld Reapers.  But i think GW will nerf the Reaper asap and it would not be smart to invest in them.
I would appreciate your thoughts and changes regarding this list.
Its too long ago since i played the game and I have absolutely no idea what is good and what not.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2020, 21:28

My 2 cents, not an expert. Just a heads up, I think the babysitting archon won’t be around too much longer depending want will be consider core. I would drop the Ur-Ghul and put blast pistols on your sybarites. If we can’t babysit with the archon, in the future you drop a warrior squad and put in an incubi squad with a raider so your archon can have some cool drinking buddies. I think you can do this by not putting pistols on the sybarites and dropping the chain snares and Ur-Ghul. May need to shred a few more points to fit the raider in the list as well. Option 2, which more similar to your list, just upgrade one of ur venoms to a raider for archon to be able to ride with one of your warrior squads.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2020, 17:20

I think you list is pretty good, the main thing is to get in some practice so that you learn all the various rules/interactions. It can be hard to remember what Strat to use when, what Power From Pain abilities you have, ranges for your re-roll auras, etc.

Try out a few practice rounds and let us know what you liked/disliked, etc.

Double check the point cost for your Ravagers. Looks a little low.
Back to top Go down
SirSpirit
Slave
SirSpirit

PostSubject: Re: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2020, 18:30

Thank you for your suggestions and helpful advices. I changed the list as pehldog63 suggested. Dropped the blasters, the Ur-Ghoul and swapped in a Raider for a Venom and a squad of Inccubi instead of a kabalite warrior unit.
The two Sybarites got a blast pistol each because they are cheap and seem to be the new way to go.

The points for a Disintegrator Ravager are 160 Pts (160 Pts each + 2 Pts for the chain snares as written in the list) and where correct in my list. I double checked the battle scribe repository and compared the data with the official point adjustments released by GW.

Yesterday i had two games a against a marine (Salamander) player. I won the first game due to above average FNP saves and got more primaries, which made me win the game. The seconde game i was not so lucky and got demolished. Those bolters are OP. So many freaking OP special rules. I Hope we get more firepower and overall more playable units. Disintegrator cannons are great but they are overprised and need a major buff to make them efficient. The plane did well and was great at killing Aggressors with it's Dark Scythes. The Incubbi are ok ad it flt like they need Drahzar to hit like a truck.
Overall i would say the list felt ok (compared to those over powered marines) and I will extend my list after we got a codex. Until then i will practice and get used to play the objective game ^^
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 12:46

Its really hard to learn the game of "keep away" that a coven-free list needs to play.

Try not to get discouraged with losses, you learn the most when you loose.

And always remember, win or lose, the Dark City still gets its slaves for the flesh-pits Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1k new/old player returning    1k new/old player returning  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1k new/old player returning
Page 1 of 1