THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Casual Shadowfield Use

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Casual Shadowfield Use Empty
PostSubject: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 16:01

A random thought - Do Archons have their Shadowfields active all the time, or are they only for battles?

I ask because, given the backstabbing nature of Commorragh, it seems like they'd want to be protected at all times.

However, there's something hilarious about an Archon just walking around as a blob of darkness. Presumably, any servants/slaves serving him food or drink have to just offer the plate vaguely into the blob and wait for him to take it.

Anyone know if Archons actually do this, or whether Shadowfields are only ever used in battles/combat?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 12:16

You wouldent want to come across as "worried". The projection of strength is almost as important as actual strength, especially in a cut-throat environment like the Dark City.

Archons are always trying to steal the best raiding spots/manufacturing labs/warriors/etc from each other. Shadowfields dont do much when someone explodes a Sun in your sub-realm Razz
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 14:52

fisheyes wrote:
You wouldent want to come across as "worried". The projection of strength is almost as important as actual strength, especially in a cut-throat environment like the Dark City.

Archons are always trying to steal the best raiding spots/manufacturing labs/warriors/etc from each other. Shadowfields dont do much when someone explodes a Sun in your sub-realm Razz

lol!

Good points. Well made.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 12:39

However, having a dedicated bodyguard unit equiped with shadowfields constantly following you around would be a decent compromise. I wouldent want to stab a guy in the back if I was worried "that shadow over there" would suddenly pull a Blast Pistol and atomize me a second later Razz

That may not be possible on the tabletop, but a neat idea for your Kabal's fluff. Also, can you imagine a unit of Incubi with Shadowfields?! That would be nuts.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 19:38

Oh, that's a cool idea.

I imagine a variant would be for an Archon to do something similar, except spread the shadowfield-equipped guards around, and give each of them their own bodyguards (possibly voice-modulators or such as well). In essence, you'd never be sure whether you were speaking to the Archon, or just a stand-in cloaked in shadows.

On a mechanical front, I wish shadowfields were something like '4++ and enemies have -1 to hit the bearer'. Because then they probably could be an upgrade for Incubi without being too strong (or just unfun). As you say, it would be a lot of fun for a themed army.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casual Shadowfield Use   Casual Shadowfield Use I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casual Shadowfield Use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: