THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

9th Board Control List- 2000pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FarewellSykes
Slave
FarewellSykes

9th Board Control List- 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: 9th Board Control List- 2000pts   9th Board Control List- 2000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 22:08

Patrol: Dark Technomancers, Experimental Creations-

Haemonculus: Electrocorrosive whip-85 pts
Wracks x5:  60pts
Mandrakes x5 85pts
Mandrakes x5 85pts
3 Talosi: Macro-Scalpel Heat lance- 345pts

Patrol: Frozen Stars- 677pts

WL Shadowseer: Player of the Twilight, Agent of Bedlam, The Shadowstone- Shards of Light , Twilight Pathways- 115pts
Player x12: Harlequin's Caress- 240pts
Solitaire: Blitz, Cegorach's Rose, Chromatic Rush- 102pts
Skyweaver x2: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive- 110pts
Skyweaver x2: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive-110pts

Patrol: Acrobatic Display-655pts

The Yncarne - 290pts
Wyches x5: Blast Pistol, Power sword, Shardnet- 75pts
Reavers x3 Heat lance - 70pts

So while point costs have certainly turned against the dark kin, I think 9e tournament scoring helps us immensely. Board control is about units that are tough or fast, and my list aims to only be made up of units that are one or the other.

Secondaries

Engage on All Fronts
Line Breaker
Domination
The goal with this MSU list is to score as many secondary objective points as you can and/or die trying, and planning around movement secondaries means it's agnostic about what an enemy list is.

Center field Moving Anvil- The wracks, the Talos, Haemo, Solitaire, and my Shadow Seer all blob up and walk up the middle of the board to what they think will be the most frequently contested objective and fight it out. Agents of Bedlam makes this a tough nut to crack.

Slightly offscreen hammer-
Hanging back behind the Shadowseer, on their turn they can move 8", use a strategem to auto-advance 6", and twilight pathways again for another 14", which means with their suprise 28" movement they can hopefully get a charge in with 60 S5 -2AP attackss. This glass cannon should slam into the greatest enemy concentration

Bikes-
The bikes scoot and shoot around the field, taking every backfield objective they can, scoring Line breaker and Engage on all Fronts  and generally be a nuisance. Reavers bring along some melta, and Skyweavers bring haywire for vehicles/hordes and Zephyrs for 2W units

Strategic Reserve monkeys-
(I assume this is my most controversial pick)Wyches, I found, are PL 3, and the Outflank universal stragem lets me hide 3 squads for a mere 1cp. Acrobatic Display makes my Wyches 5++ and 3++ in close combat. With Reroll charges on turn two, you have a 60ish percent chance per unit of getting to combat, and once they are in combat, they hit reasonably hard for the cost, and are quite hard to casually remove in melee, and they can't be run from with their no escape rule. Add in Ob sec, and 3 extra blast pistols to the list, and you have a new mandrake variant.

I also brought two units of mandrake to deep strike near the center and to charge what the wyches can't.

Yncarne is just a beast, and there are a whole lot of opportunities to move her in this MSU list

Last edited by FarewellSykes on Wed Oct 21 2020, 22:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got my pivotal roles mixed up.)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 9th Board Control List- 2000pts   9th Board Control List- 2000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2020, 16:39

Sorry, I dont know enough about the Clowns or Ynnari to comment on that portion of the list.

For the Coven patrol, why go for DT/EC over the standard PoF? Doesnt seem like you are leveraging the DT shooting by taking transports/Reapers or the EC Strength by taking Grots. I think you would get more out of the PoF 4++. Personally I like Grotesques over Talos, since they can perform Actions, get Cover and dont give up Bring It Down secondary's. They can even take Liquifiers if you REALLY want to leverage that DT trait (although I would still recommend PoF over it)

You will be starting with very few CP by going tripple patrol (cant go Realspace Raiders since you are not fully Dark Eldar).

Who are you playing against and how competitively?
Back to top Go down
FarewellSykes
Slave
FarewellSykes

PostSubject: Re: 9th Board Control List- 2000pts   9th Board Control List- 2000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2020, 23:10

Alright, I think you are right that I'm not really leveraging Dark-technomancers on my covens units, so I'll make my anvil into PoF. I've also made some changes to expand my CP availible and make my center a bit more flexible. I'm now starting with 8-10 CP with Urien as the WL, and my two units of Grotesques should be a bit more resilient in melee, and against anti-tank than the DT Talosi.

Vanguard- Prophets of Flesh- 685pts

WL Urien-95 pts

Wracks x5:  60pts
Mandrakes x5 85pts
Mandrakes x5 85pts
Grotesques x4 180pts
Grotesques x4 180pts

Patrol: Frozen Stars- 657pts

Shadowseer: Agent of Bedlam- Shards of Light , Twilight Pathways- 115pts
Player x11: Harlequin's Caress- 220pts
Solitaire: Blitz, Cegorach's Rose(1cp)- 102pts
Skyweaver x2: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive- 110pts
Skyweaver x2: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive-110pts

Patrol: Acrobatic Display-655pts

The Yncarne - 290pts

What are your thoughts on my prioritization of speedy units (6 deepstrikers, 4 bikes) over my ability to do damage. Currently the list has very little anti-tank, but I've seen very few vehicles in 9th.

Currently I play TTS with my buddies, who play foot Necrons, foot Eldar, foot guard, tank guard, orks, and ultramarines and raven guard. I'd ideally like my list to be a little unique, and once it has it's own identity, as lean as possible.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 9th Board Control List- 2000pts   9th Board Control List- 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 12:55

Again, I cant really comment on your Ynnari or Harlies. Dont personally play them and wouldent want to give you poor advice.

Honestly, your army composition is very Meta dependent. With two marine players, a necron player, and a guard player you can expect to face a bit of Melta weaponry, so tanks shouldent be too much of a worry (most people are avoiding them due to how easily Marines/Imperium armies can kill them).

My last recommendation would be to change your 2x4 Grots into one 5 and one 3 man unit. 5 Grots seems to be a magic number for me, where it is worth keeping the Haemonculi close and spending the 2 CP for re-roll wounds (to fish for those sweet Mortal Wounds). 3 man Grot squad stays back and babysits your back field. 3 is generally enough to discourage deepstrike/outflank units from getting close, expecially after Turn 3 when you get your re-roll charge and 2's to hit. Also less of an opportunity cost to perform Actions and score those Secondary VPs. You may even want to consider combining all 8 into a single squad, depending on how the games play out (I dont leave home without at least 8 Grots, currently running 13 in my lists).

Depending on your matches, you may change some of those Mandrakes into more Wracks (if you feel you need more objective-holding toughness)

Please let us know how the battles go, always looking to get feedback on countering the new hottness (Marines/Necrons currently). Win or lose, there is much to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9th Board Control List- 2000pts   9th Board Control List- 2000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9th Board Control List- 2000pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: