THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF Empty
PostSubject: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2020, 21:30

So, I’ve managed to get my hands on some Drukhari units. Bought used, so I’ve sort of had to make a list with what I could get.
It’s a 2 patrol and 1 spearhead list.

Strategems: Alliance of Agony
1st Patrol
Wych Cult of the Red Grief
HQ: Succubus with Blood Glavie, Blast Pistol, Combat Drug: Grave Lotus. AoA-trait: Hyperswift Reflexes.

Troop:
9x wyches. Hekatrix with agoniser and blast pistol, phantasm grenades. Wych weapon: Shardnet and impaler. Combat Drugs: Roll
Transport: Venom with Splinter cannon and twin splinter rifle.

Troop:
9x wyches. Hekatrix with agoniser and blast pistol, phantasm grenades. Wych weapon: Shardnet and impaler. Combat Drugs: Roll
Transport: Venom with Splinter cannon and twin splinter rifle.

Fast Attack:
9x Reaver jetbikes. 3 x Heat Lance. Arena Champion with Power sword. Combat drugs: Hypex

2nd Patrol
Kabul of the Flayed Skull
HQ:
Archon(Wralord) with blast pistol and huskblade. Warlord trait: Famed Savagery

Troop:
5x Kabalite warriors with 1x blaster.
Transport: Raider with disintegrator.

Troop
Transport: Raider with disintegrator.

Troop
Transport: Venom with splinter cannon and twin splinter rifle.

Spearhead Detachment:
Prophets of Flesh Coven.
HQ:
Haemonculus with hex rifle and Electrocorrosive whip. AOA-trait: Diabolical Soothsayer.

Heavy Support:
1x Talos with 2 Haywire blasters and macroscalpels.

Heavy Support:

Heavy Support:

My idea wit the list, is to rush the enemy very early with reavers hopefully on turn 1 and followed by the wyches, archon and succubus on turn 2. The haemonculus and talos will move up in the meantime, holding objectives, protecting the rear and providing fire support, until they get close enough.
The succubus will be in a Flayed skull raider with 9 wyches. The Archon will be in the other Raider with the remaining 9 wyches.

The three Red Grief Venoms will serve as gunboats for the Kabalites. Harassing, providing fire support and objective securing.
So, an armylder
Yes, a triple patrol setup is way better, but I need a unit of Coven troops for that, thinking of getting 5 wracks in a venom and then having the 3 talos in a single unit.

Points-wise it;s about 1700 ipoints and 83PL, with 8 useable command points.
It should an army with a lot of mobility, able to assault quickly and keep the enemy occupied while the kabalites and talos take and defend objectives and support as needed.

So any useful advice?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2020, 12:55

As you say, you are giving up A LOT of CP. Is there any way you can "Count As" a unit of 5 Wracks so that you can get back that 5 CP?

I prefer units of multiple Talos, because its easier to keep them in range of the Haemi and better use of the 2CP re-roll to wound strat. Also allows you to Fire and Fade the whole unit after you advance and shoot your Assault weapons.

You can move 1 more transport into the Flayed Skull patrol for your Archon. May be worth considering putting a Mercenary (Mandrakes, Scourges, etc) faction into your Flayed Skull to allow the last transport to get that sweet +3" move.

Most important advice would be to get in some practice and let us know what does and does not work!
Back to top Go down
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2020, 13:13

I could probably find some warriors to act as wracks to make that triple patrol army work.

Good point on the use of Talos in a single unit. That was also my initial idea, until I realized I coultn't do that in a spearhead detachment with just 3 Talos models total. I a 3-patrol build they will be in a single unit.

Good idea to move one more transport into the Flayed Skull patrol, hadn't seen that one.

Can mercenaries be used that way to buy transports with an obsession they don't have themselves? Seems a bit like rule-bending, but would be a lovely option for me in this setup.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2020, 15:12

Yes you just count up how many infantry units you have in the detachment and that is how many transports you can add. The transports are then detachment-specific, not unit-specific. You wouldn't even need to add a mercenary unit to get an additional transport, a single Ur-Ghul will also suffice.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2020, 14:39

Good call @Oaka, forgot about the Court of the Archon.

Honestly, my MVP in many games is the Court model that sits back and screens out enemy units and/or sits on Objectives. Dont leave home without at least 2, its amazing how much they affect the game gaining you VPs and denying the enemy VPs. 20-40 points can easily swing a match by 10 VPs this way.

As for "Rule Bending", this is exactly how it was intended to go. That is why we have Mercs in the first place (to try and lessen the impact of the very strict Kabal/Cult/Coven restrictions baked into the faction)

FledglingArchon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF   Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Grief/Flayed Skull/PoF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: