THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drynwyn
Slave
drynwyn

Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. Empty
PostSubject: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 04:37

With the new point costs, Reavers are now unbelievably good (albeit however briefly, given that the new codex is rapidly approaching).

Look at them- they're T4, 2 wound, 4+/6+++ for TEN points per model, with access to Combat Drugs. That would be an extremely impressive infantry statline- but they have a 18" move, the fly keyword, 2 attacks at S4 AP-1, and access to impressive upgrades.

Compare Tactical Marines, which sport a statline that is worse everywhere except the one-point-better armor save... and are EIGHTEEN points per model.

These bikers are ridiculously good.

Belelos likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 12:09

Im looking at those 8 pt Wracks getting squads of 20 and thinking the same thing.

This has to be riddled with errors on the DE update. It makes no sense, we NEVER get nice things Razz

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 12:29

I do think it's darkly hilarious that we get major buffs and our immediate response is "surely these are typos".

I mean, they probably are, but...

Cerve and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 13:05

lol i think this is what happens after a decade of bad releases Wink Like a person used to be beaten, when someone gets close to him to give him a hug he will think he's gonna get attacked again....

But seriously the Wracks and Reavers are just insane now.....guess i'll have to buy some more! i only have like 20 Wracks (i think 30 would be fine with me) and 15 reavers (18 is my target) to open up my possibilities.

But i also believe that there's been an interchange between the points cost of Reavers and Hellions.....but i will be more than happy to play with 10pts Reavers!!!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 17:29

Can never have too many Wracks or Reavers.

@Kalmah, check out the Crypt Gouls from Warhammer Fantasy. I was able to build a whack of them as Wracks with the extra bits of the Wrack sprue. If you have 20 of the official Wracks, you should be able to build another 15 of these guys with minimal investment. Also the poses will be less "static"

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 17:31

great! thanks for the info! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.   Reavers might now be the best unit in the game. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers might now be the best unit in the game.
Page 1 of 1