THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List Empty
PostSubject: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 17:26

With the new point costs sent out in the Munitorum Field Manual 2021 that just came out, this is my first thought of what a “Good” DE list would look like.

Triple Patrol. Covens are PoF, Kabal doesn’t really matter (just want those sweet 5pt Dissies). I am going to post it all in one blob for ease of writing

3x Haemi – ECW + Hex Rifle – 90 (270)
6x 20 Wracks – 160 (960)
5 Grots – 200

Archon – 65
Warriors – 40
3x Sslyth – 18 (54)
2 Ravagers – Dissies – 155 (310)

Total = 1999 pts

I cant imagine anyone wants to go up against 120 Wracks. Even if they do 0 damage, they will score and make life miserable for the other player.

Can anyone think of a meta list that would be able to take this on? With all the T5 4++ I doubt anyone wants to shoot/charge into this, and psykic is useless against 8pt models.

Couldn’t fit in the Reavers, but we all know that HAS to be a typo. Also didn’t leverage the new Secondaries for Bring It Down or While We Stand.

If anyone can think of a better build, I would be very curious to see it.
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2021, 19:46

Looks strong but i would not build and paint that many Wracks. Either it is also a typo or Wracks get changed alot in the codex.
We have now 3 different official places were GW had put unit sizes. The points pdf, the power level pdf and the app. For Grotesques the power level pdf and app agree and the points pdf differs. At least someone mentioned in another thread that in the app the unit size is 3-10. For Wracks I am not sure, but at least the two pdfs have different unit sizes. GW messed up something really big this time with the Drukhari update and the errata could go in both ways. Right now I would tend to say if two official sources agree, the one differing from them is wrong.

This may sound more negative then i intended it to be. Have fun with that list, but i would suggest to hold back on buying 120 wracks for it and don't be suprised if this was never intentional and some opponents may argue that the list is not legal, is basically all i wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 13:25

1000% dude, no way I would get that many Wracks. Built a hoard Guard list over the past few years, don't think I have it in me to do it again XD.

I got in a game over the weekend on TTS, and those Wracks felt OP. I agree that it should change. But it was fun running something OP under Dark Eldar. It has been a few editions since we could do that
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2021, 17:48

120 Wracks hits me as far too boring, but I don't doubt the efficiency. I went for a more modest 45 Wrack list that is more interactive. The entire army can advance, shoot, and assault on turn 1, so every game should be fun at the beginning. The new lower points costs for Wracks and Reavers is the only way to fit in three Tantalus, in my opinion.

Red Grief Tantalus’
Drukhari - Strikeforce - Grand Tournament ( 8CP - 2000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 2CP - 600PT )
SUB-FACTION: Prophets of Flesh
HQ
WARLORD: Haemonculus (90) Electrocorrosive whip
TRAITS: Prophets of Flesh: Diabolical Soothsayer
RELICS: The Vexator Mask
Haemonculus (90) Electrocorrosive whip
RELICS: The Animus Vitae
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City

TROOPS
Wracks (140)
1x Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip
11x Wrack
3x Wrack: Ossefactor
Wracks (140)
11x Wrack
Wracks (140)
11x Wrack

Drukhari Spearhead Detachment ( 3CP - 1400PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of the Red Grief
HQ
Drazhar (135)

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (175)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Grav-talon
8x Reaver
1x Reaver: Heat lance
2x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
Reavers (160)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance
8x Reaver
3x Reaver: Heat lance

HEAVY SUPPORT
Tantalus (310)
Tantalus (310)
Tantalus (310)

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1-3CP)

Total Command Points: 6/14
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 2000/2000
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2021, 15:32

Hmm, that is a very different list from what I was thinking. I do like the leveraging of the Reavers, and appreciate only including a reasonable amount of Wracks.

But honestly I try to stay away from the Tantalus. Just too many eggs in one basket, and my main love with DE is how essential it is to sacrifice units. Would you care to share a list built without the Tantalus? Curious what people can do with Transport Spam now that our troops are a little cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2021, 16:30

I would probably substitute each Tantalus for a Raider, 10 Incubi, and 5 extra Wracks to bump the units up to 20.  That would be three Raiders filled with Incubi and 24 Reavers hitting the enemy deployment zone turn 1 while 60 Wracks take the center objectives- plenty for the opponent to deal with.
Alternatively each Tantalus could instead become a Reaper, Venom, and 5 Incubi with some points being moved around, which would give you some long range anti-tank that the first substitution lacks.

I just don't want each game to become 'can you kill enough Wracks before time runs out', so 120 Wracks is right out for me. 60 Wracks to win the game, the rest of the army to enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14 2021, 20:21

You are probably right on that count.

This weekend I am thinking of a DT Raider spam list to make use of the revised Bring It Down point scheme. 10 transports giving only 1 VP each sounds very nice.

Have you found the Incubi do work this edition? Honestly have not run them, just Drazhar (I got the resin models, which are far inferior to the new plastic dudes, and were a nightmare to build).

-POF
Haemi - ECW+Hex Rifle
3x5 Wracks
5 Grots

-DT+EC
Haemi
Drazhar
5 Incubi
3x5 Wracks (Hex Rifle and Ossifactor)
6 Raiders (Dissies)

-Flayed Skull
Archon
5 Warriors
4 Court models
2 Ravagers (dissies)
2 Venoms

~2000 points

That is my current take on a Post-Munitorum Coven list, without abusing the current Wrack and Reaver costs.

*Edit - forgot the two Venoms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List   Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven Post-Munitorum 2021 List
Page 1 of 1