THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Shredder change boggles my mind.

Go down 
+15
amishprn86
Soulless Samurai
Sarcron
albions-angel
The Strange Dark One
Koldan
GreyArea
Archon_91
SCP Yeeman
fisheyes
TheBaconPope
ursvamp
Cerve
Burnage
Skulnbonz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shredder change boggles my mind.   The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 04:46

Not that the change on the reach of the shredders makes any difference on what i am about to say but "Fire and Fade" could be used on the same turn that a unit made a deep strike, true? On my local meta, the use of cheap units to hold rear objectives is quite common (gretchings, infantry squads, fire warriors...) So i was toying with the idea of a flock of Scourges with shredders coming in with those blast weapons perfect for clearing up that very same type of unit, arriving at 9", killing everybody and then moving the stratagem 7" to end up holding the objective themselves, at least for that turn. Granted, the enemy will probably try to make a deny bubble around the objectives, but that is then something you are adding to the account and will probably cause that some units that could have been send forwards to engage have to stay behind to provide that cover. So what do you guys think?

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The Shredder change boggles my mind.   The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 19:08

Kurtix wrote:
Not that the change on the reach of the shredders makes any difference on what i am about to say but "Fire and Fade" could be used on the same turn that a unit made a deep strike, true? On my local meta, the use of cheap units to hold rear objectives is quite common (gretchings, infantry squads, fire warriors...) So i was toying with the idea of a flock of Scourges with shredders coming in with those blast weapons perfect for clearing up that very same type of unit, arriving at 9", killing everybody and then moving the stratagem 7" to end up holding the objective themselves, at least for that turn. Granted, the enemy will probably try to make a deny bubble around the objectives, but that is then something you are adding to the account and will probably cause that some units that could have been send forwards to engage have to stay behind to provide that cover. So what do you guys think?

No, you can't fire and fade a deepstriking unit. A unit deepsyriking cannot be further moved by any means (but may still attempt a charge).

You'd have to drop in, and hope to kill all but 1, successfully charge, and hope to kill the last one in CC to hold the objective.
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: The Shredder change boggles my mind.   The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 19:39

Ah well, kind of forgot that part of the deepstrike rule but makes sense. Anyway, with the combat buff we are getting, the last part could be a little easier to pull out. Maybe even a reason to give the Solarite "something" for mele
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The Shredder change boggles my mind.   The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 21:09

Kurtix wrote:
Ah well, kind of forgot that part of the deepstrike rule but makes sense. Anyway, with the combat buff we are getting, the last part could be a little easier to pull out. Maybe even a reason to give the Solarite "something" for mele

Yeah, I've been dabbling with Ynnari a little bit. Not because I think it's competitive, but more because we're getting a new book soon, and I wanted to explore a few last mechanics before the slate is cleaned.

Ynnari scourges are definitely the best version of scourges. While they don't get strength from death, they do get the Ynnari keyword, and thus, can benefit from the Ancestor's Grace psychic power (re-roll 1s to hit). Not only does this synergize with high volume fire like shredders, it makes their wimpy CC attacks slightly better. And if you get desperate, they have a psychic power and a stratagem that both mark a target unit and grant re-roll to wound on that unit. A solarite with a power lance can do pretty well at finishing off that last model.

And lastly, though not really a shredder scourge specific asset, if the shredders shoot a backfield infantry unit on an obj and kill it, you can warp the Yncarne over and grab the objective anyway.

Hopefully scourges will be receiving +1A as warriors and wyches have, and if I dare dream, a 3+ armor save too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shredder change boggles my mind.   The Shredder change boggles my mind. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shredder change boggles my mind.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3