THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wrack Attack

Go down 
+13
Count Adhemar
Eldur
Soulless Samurai
Oaka
Kalmah
fisheyes
Cerve
The Strange Dark One
Dark Elf Dave
Cavash
CptMetal
sweetbacon
sekac
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Wrack Attack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:24

fisheyes wrote:
There is certainly something to be said for the reawakening of our old 7th edition Freakshow lists built around the Dark Creed leadership debuffs. But it would need a whole list built around it, with MSU coven units and a "bunch" of transports sporting the Grisley Trophies. I am sure that list is valuable somewhere, but not really what I am thinking about TBH.

Well, if you think about doing actual damage with morale checks, I agree that it is not much.

But the Codex have some triggers for LD that will defintely work. The best ones are Incubi (and Drazhar himself). Because they're SO good that you will put them in list anyway, making them fight last an enemy unit is huge. In 9th, fight first/fight last are the best abilites of the game, hands down. And betweent Incubi, Archon trait, Vexator Masks and Strife, we have a lot of them! We can basically rule every melee of the match.
So, because of Incubi, DarkCreed becomes interesting. -3LD from veichles is huge (it affect even Necrons).
So you have Incubi/Drazhar, and LD debuff.
Then you have DarkCreed itself which got +1 to hit thanks to the debuff.
Then, you can consider some PGL to put in your army. For 50 points around the list you field 10 of them. Now try to figure out the scene: you fly 1 DC Raider/Venom within 3" from your target. Then you shoot these 10 PGLs on it. 2D6 vs -3 LD, every time you beat it it's a MW.

So Incubi, +1 WS DC, PGLs. Already 3 (multiple) triggers on LD.
Then you have normal morale check, which even against SM it will be 1 dead almost. Even a single Aggressor/Inceptor dead from the morale check will be enough. It's a "free" dead (and SM get a free model from that damned Apothecary...which you will Eviscerate Fly By faster).

It's just a self-made puzzle. I have to try it (:

Last edited by Cerve on Mon Mar 22 2021, 23:26; edited 1 time in total

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:26

Cerve wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Dark Creed Venom on turn 3 would be hitting on 2s in combat lol is that right? Because they hit on 4s and turn 3 it’s +1 to hit from pfp. They would be dishing out -3 to Ld with Grisly Trophies and Dark Creed so they would be gaining +1 to hit. I’m not saying it’s competitive but quite funny to think your Venoms are potentially having 6 S6 attacks hitting on 2s. Some armies don’t have a single unit that can do that lol

I guess you still limited to +1/-1 final modifiers from the 9th. So you will never fight at Ws2+. But if you will fight some -1 to hit, then you still go at 3+ (+2 -1= +1).

My bad you’re quite right.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 00:51

Freakshow also allowing for the Fear and Terror secondary (points for every enemy that runs away).

I think its a cool idea, but dont know how effective it would be on the tabletop.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 02:09

fisheyes wrote:
Freakshow also allowing for the Fear and Terror secondary (points for every enemy that runs away).

I think its a cool idea, but dont know how effective it would be on the tabletop.

It would make the auto-pass morale a good target for new Agents of Vect, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 06:06

sekac wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

It would make the auto-pass morale a good target for new Agents of Vect, I suppose.

Autopass morale is now once per game, so Vect doesn't work on it.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 12:44

Cerve wrote:
sekac wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Autopass morale is now once per game, so Vect doesn't work on it.

How did I not realize that?! I need to go slap some sense into myself and my most frequent opponent...

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 16:11

I'm currently leaning towards a fairly minimal DT detachment with a Haem and 2 x 5 Wracks (2 x LG in each) in a Raider. Just go round doing driveby shootings with the liquifiers until the Raider dies then sit on an objective and shoot anything that comes near.

CptMetal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 16:23

@dark elf dave i'm a little bit late for the answer, but i did preorder it this saturday and i can't wait to have my hands on it! also, just to increase the thrill a little, i'm not even looking at any leaks at all! Not even the full previewed codex!! I,m like a little child before Christmas! i see the little gap in the gift wrap, but i dont wanna!!!!! keep the thrill till the end lol!

I'm really happy reading you stating that theres no more auto-include, and i think thats the way a good game should be Smile Thats the sign of a good Codex for me Smile

Pippolele likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 16:47

DT liquifiers for me as well.  With the Raider capacity at 11, you can now fit in 3 Grotesques and 5 Wracks for a total of 5 liquifiers.  When the Raider crashes, you have seventeen wounds and an Obsec unit coming out of it, with regular Wracks to take any crash casualties.

These can all shoot out of the Raider after it advances, and one can even deepstrike onto the board.

Drazhar, 5 Wracks, 3 Grots and a Raider makes a nifty DT Patrol.

Count Adhemar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 17:27

I suspect that Liquifier Wracks will end up being superior but I still want to give some Hexrifle Wracks a go to see how well they can snipe enemy characters.

Only issue with this is that the Haemonculus probably won't have a lot to do.

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 17:36

Oaka wrote:
DT liquifiers for me as well.  With the Raider capacity at 11, you can now fit in 3 Grotesques and 5 Wracks for a total of 5 liquifiers.  When the Raider crashes, you have seventeen wounds and an Obsec unit coming out of it, with regular Wracks to take any crash casualties.

These can all shoot out of the Raider after it advances, and one can even deepstrike onto the board.

Oh.
My.
GOD.

This is AMAZING. If you bring your Raid, you will spend -2Cp anyway for a second Detatchment for Drazhar.
So now, you gave me the idea for a Raid+Patrol, with THIS one. Which is stunning, I'm in love with that, dude! Thanks!

And you're playing 4 Obsessions in a single list. Great, just great.

Last edited by Cerve on Tue Mar 23 2021, 17:46; edited 1 time in total

Oaka likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 17:39

Cerve wrote:
Oaka wrote:

Oh.
My.
GOD.

This is AMAZING. If you bring your Raid, you will spend -2Cp anyway for a second Detatchment for Drazhar.
So now, you game me the idea for a Raid+Patrol, with THIS one. Which is stunning, I'm in love with that, dude! Thanks!

And you're playing 4 Obsessions in a single list. Great, just great.

Oh that's a very good point.

Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 18:22

GW: "Fine, we finally gave you that extra transport spot so you can put a character in with the unit and, wait, no, what are you doing!?!?"

Skulnbonz, Cerve, CptMetal, Soulless Samurai and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 19:06

Oaka wrote:
GW: "Fine, we finally gave you that extra transport spot so you can put a character in with the unit and, wait, no, what are you doing!?!?"

Haha, my thoughts exactly! Never thought about that interaction!
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 19:14

Lots of ideas here! I love it, thank you all.

Here's another one. An Esoteric one. Best character killing army?
Minimal units of wracks with Hexrifles from Dark Creed with some sniping Chronos and/or Talos units for the Esoteric Kill Stratagem (if you kill a character with the Talos unit near the Chronos, activate the damn stratagem for T5 PfP)
Add some Hellions or Reavers for Eviscerating Fly-By. You can use the Custom Cult for MWs on 6s after charging plus Trophy Hunters for some more Ld debuffing.
Add some flyers with the Custom Obsession for +1 to hit against characters, and maybe Dark Mirth.

You can easily combine all the previous with all the Freak Show for attrition and leadership de-buffs (plus Oaka's Liquifier Boat: 3 grotesques, 5 wracks, 5 liquifiers, and/or Incubi Rush in Freak Raiders: trophies, PGLs, Dark Creed).

Not competitive, but very thematic and fun. What do you think?

I need to put down a friggin' list with all the things I want to try with this new codex!! Good times.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 20:29

Eldur wrote:
Lots of ideas here! I love it, thank you all.

Here's another one. An Esoteric one. Best character killing army?
Minimal units of wracks with Hexrifles from Dark Creed with some sniping Chronos and/or Talos units for the Esoteric Kill Stratagem (if you kill a character with the Talos unit near the Chronos, activate the damn stratagem for T5 PfP)
Add some Hellions or Reavers for Eviscerating Fly-By. You can use the Custom Cult for MWs on 6s after charging plus Trophy Hunters for some more Ld debuffing.
Add some flyers with the Custom Obsession for +1 to hit against characters, and maybe Dark Mirth.

You can easily combine all the previous with all the Freak Show for attrition and leadership de-buffs (plus Oaka's Liquifier Boat: 3 grotesques, 5 wracks, 5 liquifiers, and/or Incubi Rush in Freak Raiders: trophies, PGLs, Dark Creed).

Not competitive, but very thematic and fun. What do you think?

I need to put down a friggin' list with all the things I want to try with this new codex!! Good times.

I like the idea. Killing enemy characters is always fun, and who says DE have to play fair?  Twisted Evil

I've actually been wondering about something similar myself, though probably not quite as dedicated. I was thinking more along the lines of 3 DT Wrack units with Hexrifles, plus a Soul Seeker Archon to try and finish off any characters they manage to wound (or vice versa).

That said, it hadn't occurred to me that Eviscerating Flyby can be used to snipe characters as well. So if nothing else, I'll definitely be incorporating that as well.

Do you think Dark Creed's stratagem is worth it over DT Wracks with D3 Hexrifles (which will wound most characters on 2s)?

DT seems like more reliable damage but I guess a Talos with the Esoteric Kill stratagem has a good chance of just pasting a character outright. Twisted Evil

Eldur likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 23:13

Soulless Samurai wrote:

That said, it hadn't occurred to me that Eviscerating Flyby can be used to snipe characters as well. So if nothing else, I'll definitely be incorporating that as well.

Do you think Dark Creed's stratagem is worth it over DT Wracks with D3 Hexrifles (which will wound most characters on 2s)?

DT seems like more reliable damage but I guess a Talos with the Esoteric Kill stratagem has a good chance of just pasting a character outright. Twisted Evil

If you remember the article at WarCom about 'A million ways to die in Commorragh:

"Fall to Your Death: Simple, but effective. You could be plucked from the ground by a pack of roving Hellions and dropped from a terminal height while they laugh at your total lack of skyboard. Why? Because they can."

So, there you have it: Hellions are character hunters, and they have lots of fun doing it. We should have fun too!

About DT, if you put your hexrifle units near a Realspace Raider Archon, you'll be able to reroll the 1s to hit. The same happens with Esoteric Kill Talos units, but the difference between both options lies within the math, and I need to sleep now!

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 00:44

Pretty sure the new DT specifically says you cannot reroll, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 07:48

fisheyes wrote:
Pretty sure the new DT specifically says you cannot reroll, unfortunately.

Yeah, you're right. Then, Esoteric Kill from Dark Creed is more reliable with rerolls from the Realspace Raider Archon. Better to use heat lances BTW, according to goonhammer:

https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-spotlight-the-new-drukhari-codex/
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 16:07

Oaka wrote:

Was toying with this last night but I'm not sure I'll go for the Grots and might stick with 2 x 5 Wracks purely to keep cost down. I'm basically looking at liquifiers and a grot costs 45 points per liquifier vs 30 for Wracks. That's a lot of extra points for 1 extra liquifier.

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 19:14

Played my first game last weekend with the new codex, and I got to say I'm impressed with the new Haemoxyte Wracks. They were able to do a lot of damage with Torturers craft (which is now cheaper), and take a lot of punishment on turn 1. Just ran them naked, but I think they have some legs in 9th.

Will try out some Dark Creed units next weekend, will be upgrading the Wracks for sure!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 20:11

Yeah, Wracks are sneaky good now as cheap melee harassment units. The 1CP for Torturer’s Craft is great for making them surprisingly efficient at tying things up and whittling it down in combat.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 12:08

Honestly, having a 5++/5+++ is basically the same thing as the old 4++/6+++. Just restricted on how many units you can take it on. I'm thinking of giving the Acothyst a special weapon, like the ECW or scissor hand if I have a few points left over
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 17:00

I played a game last weekend vs some Nurgle Deamon troops (Poxbringers?). -1 to hit, T4, 5++/5+++ in a unit of 30. They did a great job screening out his back field and protecting his shooty tanks.

What does the Dark City think of running a Coven patrol with:
-Master Haemonculus - Twisted Animator
-10 Haemoxytes
-20 Wracks

Maybe as a Custom Coven for the extra D3 wracks (if you kill a unit). I think it would approximate the same thing, and possibly take firepower away from our boats (you would need something like a heavy bolter;/auto cannon to take out the blob effectively).
Back to top Go down
x01848m
Slave
x01848m

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 00:29

What about 10 Haemoxytes with a pair of Ossefactors? I was thinking about this unit with a Haemonculus with the Twisted Animator WT as a mid-field objective holder. Most lists I see with Haemoxytes have them bare bones. Is the Ossefactor worth it? I thought it might be a useful upgrade to have them contribute more, and possibly increase their mobility through the never stationary stratagem, but am curious to hear if people think it is a waste of points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Attack   Wrack Attack - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrack Attack
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next