THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to use Agents of Vect on?

Go down 
+13
Sourborn
Ragnos
Vailex
Kowaldo
Alezya
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
fisheyes
Banbaji
Soulless Samurai
Dark Elf Dave
sekac
CptMetal
17 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

What to use Agents of Vect on? Empty
PostSubject: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 16:36

I'm really thinking about using BH for the rerolls of that lone Blasters and I'm thinking about their Strategem.

So here's the question:
What would you use it on?

I think Transhuman Pysiology of the Primaris comes to mind.

What's your take?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 16:45

Transhuman is definitely a go-to. I played GK last weekend, and it would've been great against Psybolt Ammo.

red_head and Archon_91 like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 16:59

I think AoV is so cool now. The fact it’s making you think about what to do for the best is what you want from the game. I don’t want too many abilities spelling out what I have to do. I want to decide what I want to do with those abilities.

You can make a 2cp strat too expensive to be used again or you can make those annoying 1cp strats used every turn to drain the cp...what I like about that is that if you use it on TP for example which they may continue to use at the price of 2cp every turn then you’re getting even more chances to roll 6s to get your own cp back...so it adds to the farming potential and it’s for free.

I think I have that right??? Do I?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 17:10

That's what I'm thinking about too.

Sounds Nice against the right enemy.

Or maybe against overwatch or Tau markerlights?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 17:47

Are you able to use AoV on the command reroll, or does it have to be a codex Stratagem?

Banbaji
Slave
Banbaji

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 18:22

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Are you able to use AoV on the command reroll, or does it have to be a codex Stratagem?

It specifically calls out the command reroll and only the command reroll as not being allowed.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 18:28

From the armies I generally see, my main go-to would be:

Necrons: -1 to wound on Destroyers (1CP)

Imperial Guard: +1 to hit on Manticores (1CP)

Tyranids: Double Shoot/Attack (2CP)

Drukhari mirror match: Reaver/Helion Mortal Wound Flyby (2CP?)

I agree that Transhuman on Marines would be the pick, unless they are Salamanders and going with Firstborn. Then you would probably do the +1 armor or +1 to wound.

This should basically shut down these strats in the mid/late game. I am happy with this change TBH.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 18:40

On a cheap, repeatable, good value stratagems that are likely to pop again in battle. We can come up with a list.

Space Marines:
Transhuman Physiology (wound only on 4+)
Skilled Riders (-1 to hit bikers)
Weapons of the Dark Age (+1 to plasma damage, Dark Angels)
Smokescreen (-1 to hit to vehicle with keyword)

Necrons:
Extermination Protocols (reroll to wound destroyers)
Whirling Onslaught (-1 to wound to cc destroyers)
Solar Pulse (strip cover)

Adeptus Mechanicus
Protector Doctrina Imperative (+1/2 BS to Skitarii)
Wrath of Mars (Mortals on 6s to wound in shooting)
Pattern Iteration Identified (+1 to wound to Ironstrider)

Chaos Space Marines
Endless Cacophony (shoot again)
Veterans of the Long War (+1 to wound)
Daemonforge (reroll wounds for daemonengines)

Orks
Grot Shields (reallocate wound to useless stinky grot)
More Dakka! (shoot again on 5s and 6s)

Imperial Knights
Rotate Ion Shields (+1 to invulnerable)

Feel free to add to the list

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 12:37

I was just thinking of starting a thread on this so glad someone beat me to it!

Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 13:13

Space Marines:
There's a -1 Dmg stratagem iirc

Eldar:
The auto advance at 6 (I don't see people use it this much, but imho it's an incredible stratagem)
Fire & Fade (move after shooting)
Seer Council (+1 to psychic for Farseer and Warlock)
Supreme Disdain (explosive 6s on hit if facing a cc heavy army)

DG:
There are plenty actually, depending on the army you're facing, but I don't see them "spammed" that much in a game.
For example, there's the HI on a drone stratagem or HI on a Ferrymen (?). Most of the time you'll have 2 in a DG army. So not sure if it's worth it?

Tyranids:
Metabolic Overdrive (move again in move phase)
Shoot again (for Hive Guards)
Back to top Go down
Kowaldo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2021, 13:13

As a Deahtguard player I can say it depends on the plague company in use.
For example - Mortarion's Chosen Sons will be using the 2D flamers strat every turn. Other strats will be +1 to hit for terminators, possibly making bolters into plague weapons?
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 17:19

What would you use it on for Harlequins?  -1 to hit or the +1 invul save?
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 16:58

I think it's really hard to tell because it's not only faction dependent, but also depends on the army and playstyle.

I guess if I'm up against an army I don't know well I will just use it on the overwatch stratagem or the first 1-2 CP buff stratagem the opponent uses. In worst case you just wait for some specific stratagem which the opponent might never or only once use, not benefiting at all from AoV.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 10:59

Sometimes the other player even holds back on surrending CP outside of rerolls. I think AoV works pretty well in that scenario, even if you don't get to use it
Back to top Go down
Sourborn
Slave
Sourborn

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 14:40

I think it would be great to use on the stratagem from the BRB to interrupt combat?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 15:39

Sourborn wrote:
I think it would be great to use on the stratagem from the BRB to interrupt combat?

Oh, good call! It's already 2CP and people will struggle to come up with 3CP in the latter stages of the game.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 20:54

Couldent find anything worthwhile to use AoV against Sisters or Chaos Demons/Thousand Sons.

I know the Sister player specifically didnt use strats against me to counter Vect (which is a win IMHO). Demons start with like 2-3 CP, so they got nothing anyway.

I am still liking the new Vect. Dont need to keep 4CP back all game "just in case", lol
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 21:19

Count Adhemar wrote:
Sourborn wrote:

Oh, good call! It's already 2CP and people will struggle to come up with 3CP in the latter stages of the game.

Agreed, this is the defacto go-to if your opponent doesn't have anything else going for them.

Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 22:05

As a CSM player I'm horrified at the prospect of having to pay 2CP for Veterans of the Long War, I use it 1-2 times in each of my turns and sometimes in my opponents turn. That one and Endless Cacophony are the two clutch Strats but Vets gets spammed more.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 14:36

Nothing.
I switched from BH to Rose for that reroll when I realized that Vect is just kinda useless for us. It's a stratagem that gain value in long time, in an army that define the game between turn 2 and 3. Game after Game I always felt it useless right now, because you will likely cast it on T2, then it will start to work on T3 and just for +1 CP (which everyone is going to pay it anyway). Then IF that stratagem will be cast again, it will be on T4 likely, so...yeah, when the game is already set.
You don't really gain nothing from it.

The only, single, stratagem that you could in theory gain effect is the interruption in melee. But in practice you will deny it anyway with all these AFL rules.

In my humble opinion, cast it wherever you want, you will never get such a value from it. It's most for the lol imho. But it's free if you play BH, so...
Anyway in a multipatrol list I would consider to swap on Rose. +6" on Lance and PGLs is dope Smile
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 16:12

I feel that the AoV strat is a nice to have, I'm taking BH for the re-roll to hit and +1 PfP primarily.

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:23

Eventually Ill try Obsidian Rose, but the flex of having AoV in your back pocket can be REAL nice.

Only used 2 times in my last 4 games, but still nice to have...

Also, I find that Hit rolls are generally more unlucky than Wound rolls Razz
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:57

What would you guys use Vect on in the mirror? The boss move is obviously to Vect their Vect but appart from that? Interrupt strat maybe?
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 18:45

If your army is full of melee units, and you charge turn 2 of so, using Vect on Counter-Offensive (aka Interrupt) seems the best option. From 2 to 3 CPs is quite good, specially for later turns.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to use Agents of Vect on?   What to use Agents of Vect on? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to use Agents of Vect on?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: