THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupercal
Slave
Lupercal

2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 02:55

So I have been working on this list and I think it is what I will start out playing Drukhari with. It has some stuff I want to experiment with and may end up removing or swapping around. For reference I have never played Drukhari in any edition but I have been playing 40k since 3rd edition and have several armies already.

++ Patrol Detachment 9CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [31 PL, -5CP, 620pts] ++

+ Stratagems +

2x Tolerated Ambition (2 Warlord Traits) [-2CP]

2x Prizes from the Dark City (2 Relics) [-2CP]

Hekatrix of the Crucibael [-1CP]

Obsession: Cult of Strife

Master Succubus [4 PL, 75pts]: Warlord, Competitive Edge, The Triptych Whip, Archite Glaive

Succubus [3 PL, 60pts]: Precision Blows, Dark Lotus Toxin, Razorflails

10x Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 125pts]
Morvaine's Agoniser, Grave Lotus

10x Wyches [6 PL, 115pts]
Agoniser, Shardnet and Impaler, Grave Lotus

10x Hellions [7 PL, 170pts]
Double drug roll?

3x Reavers [3 PL, 75pts]:
Heat Lance, Grav Talon, Double drug roll?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [13 PL, 225pts] ++

Obsession: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

Master Archon [5 PL, 90pts]: The Djin Blade, Blast Pistol

10x Kabalite Trueborn[8 PL, 135pts]
Dark Lance, 2x Blaster

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [62 PL, 0CP, 1,155pts] ++

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

Master Archon [5 PL, 85pts]: Labyrinthine Cunning, Venom Blade, Blast Pistol

Drazhar [6 PL, 135pts]

10x Kabalite Trueborn[8 PL, 135pts]
Dark Lance, 2x Blaster

5x Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

5x Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

5x Scourges [7 PL, 100pts]
4x Blaster

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Splinter Racks

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Chain Snares

Venom [4 PL, 80pts]: 2x Splinter Cannon, Chain Snares

Venom [4 PL, 80pts]: 2x Splinter Cannon, Chain Snares

++ Total: [206 PL, 9CP, 2000pts] ++

The Black Heart Archon goes with the Black Heart Trueborn in their Raider, the Obsidian Rose Archon and Drahzar both go with Incubi in Venoms. I am still undecided as to which Succubus will go with the Bloodbrides, I have to think about it more, but obviously they go with the Wyches in their Raiders. The Obsidian Rose Trueborn will keep their Raider at max range and be as annoying as possible.

Reaver and Scourges are there for Anti-Tank. I can fit Dark Lances on the Scourges if I try but I think Blasters or Haywire Blasters will be good enough and I am pretty sure I want the points for other things. I am also considering just dropping the Scourges for 3 more Reavers, which gives me a few points to play with as well.

Hellions are just disgusting. I am thinking the Reavers and Hellions may both use double roll on the Combat Drugs table because even the worst pair is still quite decent on them.

I am not sure about paying a command point for Morvaine's Agoniser, even with Labrynthine Cunning.  I think the army will be very hungry for command points, so I might remove Morvaine's Agoniser and find the points for a Shardnet and Impaler on the Bloodbrides. For that matter I am also unsure if I would like Morvaine's Agoniser in the Bloodbrides or the normal Wyches, if I do keep it in the list.

I will also be reviewing the way the Chain Snares and Grisly Trophies work out in the first several games. I really like the idea of them both and see the Grisly Trophies being quite nasty with 2 squads of Incubi and the huge footprint of Raiders.

I really want to give Eternal Hatred to the Djin Blade Archon, but he has good WS to start and already gets a rerolled wound from Obsidian Rose.  I think Labrynthine Cunning is going to end up being worth a ton to this army, when so many units can make use of absolutely backbreaking Stratagem. The Obsidian Rose Archon will still be able to fight twice on his first combat and absolutely mulch something.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Lupercal
Slave
Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 13:47

Here is another take on the same list, I think I like this one better, but would love feedback on either.

++ Patrol Detachment 9CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [47 PL, - 5CP, 889pts] ++

+ Stratagems +

2x Tolerated Ambition (2 Warlord Traits) [-2CP]

2x Prizes from the Dark City (2 Relics) [-2CP]

Hekatrix of the Crucibael [-1CP]

Obsession: Cult of Strife

Master Succubus [4 PL, 75pts]: Warlord, Adrenalight, Competitive Edge, The Triptych Whip, Archite Glaive

Succubus [3 PL, 60pts]: Adrenalight, Precision Blows, Dark Lotus Toxin, Razorflails

10x Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 125pts]
Grave Lotus, Morvaine's Agoniser

10x Wyches [6 PL, 115pts]
Grave Lotus, Agoniser, Shardnet and Impaler

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

12x Hellions [11 PL, 204pts]
Double drugs roll?

6x Reavers [7 PL, 150pts]: Double drugs roll?, 2x Heat Lance, 2x Grav-Talon

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [59 PL, 1105pts] ++

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

Master Archon [5 PL, 90pts]:
Labyrinthine Cunning, The Djin Blade, Blast Pistol

Drazhar [6 PL, 135pts]

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
Dark Lance, 2x Blaster

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Scourges [7 PL, 120pts]
4x Dark Lance

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance, Chain Snares

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance, Chain Snares

++ Total: [106 PL, 9CP, 1,994pts] ++

With this I have 2 Raiders of Wyches, 2 Raiders of Incubi(all 4 with blender characters), and a Raider of Trueborn.

I also upgraded the Scourges to have Dlances so they can hang back a bit safer, and included more Reavers and Hellions, which I think are really quite strong now.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 14:01

I think you are on the right track. With how new the Codex is, it is very hard to judge what is good/trap.

You have brought most of the strong stuff from the codex (No Ravager? Only 3 Reavers?), so I think your fine there.

The only thing I can really comment on is the Hellion drugs. I dont think you want to roll for them, since you have a few bad ones (+1 WS, +1BS). Reavers love everything, so I also plan on rolling for them.

Get in a game and let us know how it goes! We really need some empirical info on how the army plays, it would really help out the community Smile
Back to top Go down
Axmar
Slave
Axmar

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 14:02

How do you plan to play the scourges, looks dirficult to me to avoid the -1 to hit with the d lances. Besides, I think the splinter racks are a bit expensive for what they do

Slave
Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 15:01

fisheyes wrote:
I think you are on the right track. With how new the Codex is, it is very hard to judge what is good/trap.

You have brought most of the strong stuff from the codex (No Ravager? Only 3 Reavers?), so I think your fine there.

The only thing I can really comment on is the Hellion drugs. I dont think you want to roll for them, since you have a few bad ones (+1 WS, +1BS). Reavers love everything, so I also plan on rolling for them.

Get in a game and let us know how it goes! We really need some empirical info on how the army plays, it would really help out the community Smile

Yeah I'll see if I can get some games in soon, probably going to be busy building and painting a lot over the next week or so though, lol.

I was less sure on the Hellion drugs, it just seems like some of the double rolls could be so insane on them. I do get what you are saying though, I am only really sure about the Reavers.

In my second list I could drop the Scourges and 1 Hellion for a Ravager. I like Ravagers, I just think they are a little bit too expensive for what they are, so I am unsure about them.  If I was going to do that I would rather just take 6 more Reavers, the only problem with that being they need to run in a squad of 12 because I only have 2 fast attack slots.

Another option is to run 12 Hellions, 9 Reavers, and Scourges with no weapons, or else 14 Hellions, 10 Reavers, and no Scourges.

Last edited by Lupercal on Wed Mar 24 2021, 16:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lupercal
Slave
Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 15:07

Axmar wrote:
How do you plan to play the scourges, looks dirficult to me to avoid the -1 to hit with the d lances. Besides, I think the splinter racks are a bit expensive for what they do

Yeah I mean that's the issue, they don't quite have enough range to stay properly safe.  I am not sure how it will work out. There are some decent defensive stratagem in the new book though, with Hunt from the Shadows(1CP +1SV in light cover) or even Lightning Fast Reactions(1CP -1 hit), and they have access to a 7 inch move after shooting for 2CP in Never Stationary. Maybe something could be done to keep them safe with these. There is also the argument that if people are focusing on shooting my Scourges they are ignoring the rest of the army which should be jumping down their throat and really getting in their face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP   2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Wyches and Kabal WIP
Page 1 of 1