THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?

Go down 
+2
Ripper.McGuirl
CptMetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 13:09

I'm going to get my Codex tomorrow at my local store, and i'm wondering if the Charadon book is worth the 70$ (Canada's price) if i only play matched play? Is the lore worth's it?
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 13:46

There are two reviews of the book on Goonhammer. If you only want the Drukhari rules, you can probably get those couple pages from a friend.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 14:16

i've just read the Goonhammer review regarding match play, and indeed really interesting! Thanks Ripper that was really helpful Smile

Ripper.McGuirl likes this post

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 14:32

Kalmah wrote:
i've just read the Goonhammer review regarding match play, and indeed really interesting! Thanks Ripper that was really helpful Smile

Is that a topic here in the dark city?
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 14:53

Goonhammer.com is a site that covers lots of 40k/GW stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 16:03

CptMetal wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

Its the first time i've read something from them, but i've already heard the name often. So it's just a regular website talking about warhammer, giving some hints and strategies. Its not related to this forum.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 16:15

Goonhammer is top notch stuff. Honestly surprised they are not behind a pay-wall. I learned a lot about the various Marine flavors from their reviews/tactics pages.

Honestly, you know more about your hobby allowance than us @Kalmah. If you can afford the book and are running Cult units, it seems like a really powerful book. I will not pick it up right away, but I see myself getting a copy in the next 6 months once Cult units get back into stock and I have time to build/paint them.

Grimoire and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 16:22

after reading the review, i'll indeed purchase it. The good news as an ancient MTG player, i've got load of credits at my local store so it's less harsh on the wallet!
still, 70$ (more expansive than our codex!!!) is a lot to take in account, but the additions, even if not a lot, seems all to be worth it.
thus the reason i've created this topic.....
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 16:54

CptMetal wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

Just in case you haven't found the articles yet:

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-drukhari-9th-edition-the-goonhammer-review/

https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-spotlight-the-new-drukhari-codex/

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-drukhari-the-crusade-rules-review/

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2021, 17:08

Im honestly curious about the progression of our story in the Dark City. What exactly is happening with the Daemon Incursion and the "Chasm of Woe".

My pre-order just arrived in store, going to pick it up after work today. Very happy about this, hoping they also have a few Cult units still on the shelves that I can nab Smile

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 03:11

enjoy your preordered stuff!! Smile i'll grab mine tomorrow! so excited Smile hoping you'll find what you're looking for, Start Collecting where available are still excellent value for Cult stuff if Wyches are hard to get by.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 15:28

Luckily my LGS had a box of Wyches! Bought those SO hard Razz

The fluff of this codex is much less than previous editions. Even with all the extra rules, the book is actually 8 pages smaller. No update on The Chasm of Woe that I can find, which bums me out a little, maybe it's talked more in the expansion?
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 00:54

I have a friend who plays Sisters, so naturally we decided to buy Piety and Pain together. Meaning I now have a Lelith. So I am definitely going to look into Charadon, but not sure if I'm buying it.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 16:58

After getting my first game in yesterday, the CoS stuff will be real strong. If you are not planning on running the RSR battalion, you definitely want a CoS patrol in your army. That second succubus with the CoS relic and WLT will nuke a squad far more expensive than its 75pt cost (or 60 if you dont make her a Master!)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 17:46

i've purchased the Charadon, and seriously, we literally occupy 3 pages in the book, thats all, so the price tag is REALLY huge.....that being said, the additions are indeed really strong (and even fun) so they are worth it, but theyre not imperatives, our codex being already really strong (the red grief...OMG!! with the fact that we can advance and charge starting turn 2...wow!), so its really a question if you can afford it or not...i had the chance to have a lot of credits at my local store, but if i had to pay cash, i would have been a little bit unhappy.....its only a matter of financial situation seriously
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 19:43

I think I'll pick it up once Hellions get back in stock. 4++ on a unit of helions/reqvers?! Yes please!

harlokin and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?   Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Charadon worth it if not playing Narrative?
Page 1 of 1