THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests Empty
PostSubject: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 18:48

Hey folks, I love the new book and I'm excited to finally get games on the table (vacc shot 2 in 2w). I might not have as much time as I did in the past to play, but I sure can write about the tactics and strategies that we can use to overcome our enemies!

Just like my 8th Ed. article series here:
https://www.thedarkcity.net/t17425-hero-s-8th-ed-articles-and-requests

Some of these need updating for sure, but some of these are still applicable, such as this one here (with minor updates):
https://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-tips-and-tricks-on-movement.html

Before I get started on this, I'm wondering if there's anything you folks would like to see? As a DE player since 3rd, my playstyle has consistently been mechdar with gunboats with a splash of Wyches. I don't own any Coven units, even when they were ridiculous as per the Meat Mountains back in 8th.

Here are some articles I think I'll start with:
9th Ed. unit bucket (good stuff list)
herohammer combos and tactics (how to best utilize our new HQ layouts)
update the movement and tactics guide
post my new list and deep dive into it (Kabal and Cults)
primaries and secondaries
vs. the meta

What else? LMK. I'll reserve a slot here as a second post so I can use it as a table of contents.

sweetbacon and Pippolele like this post

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 18:49

Reserved.

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 05:42

I think analysis of secondaries that can guarantee 30-40 points per game would be good. I always struggle with the third after picking Scramblers and Engage or Linebreaker.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 06:51

I think the charge phase/fight phase are the most complex and the most decisive phases with the most room for outplay. A guide that walks through the concepts and philosophies behind (in no particular order):

1) When to make base contact, when to position within 1", when to position within 1/2"

2) Difference between a pile-in and consolidate and hot to utilize them to your advantage

3) Heroic interventions--how to use them and how to avoid them.

4) Mitigating the threat of overwatch; what units are best at it.

5) When to interrupt, how to dissuade your opponent from interrupting.

Kinnay, Gelmir and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 23:23

I think if you’re going to do list analysis you really need to put in some game time. Simply being enthusiastic is always a good starting point but that puts you on par with most of us to be honest.

As mentioned by sweetbacon, lists designed for winning in 9th Ed will be very interesting but if I’m honest the new codex has many different ways of playing DE so I don’t envisage a single best way to win anymore...which is great.

Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 14:48

Deployment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests   HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HERO's 9th Ed. articles and requests
Page 1 of 1