THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) Empty
PostSubject: Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)   Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 12:52

For the Background of Tengu, check: https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t98-kabal-of-the-shadow-phoenix#1316

One Scourge unit may upgrade one Scourge to Tengu instead of a Solarite.

Tengu - 65 points (not including the cost of the original Scourge)
WS5 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I6 A2 Ld9 Save: 4+

Unit type: Jump Infantry

Wargear: Ghostplate armour, plasma grenades, heat lance.

Tempest Fan: This is a power weapon. It may also be thrown where it counts as a ranged weapon with this profile:

Range: 12" S: 3 Ap: 2 Assault 3

The Red Mask of Tengu: All enemy models within 12" and with Line of Sight of Tengu suffers a -1 penalty to their Leadership.

Special Rules: Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain.

Master Flyer: When deploying via Deep Strike, Tengu and his unit may re-roll the scatter dice. In addition, they have a 5+ cover save until the beginning of your next turn.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Mon May 30 2011, 16:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)   Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 21:54

Reroll scatter dice, could be useful, I like it
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)   Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 11:06

Cool man. He and his unit are still pretty vulnerable though. If I'm investing extra points into a unit of Scourges, I'm going to expect some additional protection while using the heat lance, at least on the turn that they deepstrike.

An idea that comes to mind is to give them a cover save on the turn they arrive, and allow them to return to reserves after the opponent's next assault phase (even if in close combat). It would feel like they are swooping in and out of the frey (like hawks, lol), and using their element of surprise to keep it from being a suicide run.

Alternatively, you could just give Tengu a shadowfield or something. jocolor

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)   Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 09:11

Krovin-Rezh wrote:
An idea that comes to mind is to give them a cover save on the turn they arrive
This is a very nice idea, sound fluffy and useful.

Quote :
and allow them to return to reserves after the opponent's next assault phase (even if in close combat). It would feel like they are swooping in and out of the frey (like hawks, lol), and using their element of surprise to keep it from being a suicide run.
Hmm... I am not sure about this. I am not very fond of hawks and their "yoyo-tactic" is something I don't like very much...

But the first, with cover save I like. I'll add that to his Master flyer rule for +5 or +10 points, suppose that depends on how good the save is.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)   Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tengu, Horror of the Skies (rules)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: